Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:00:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 35
Author Topic: Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ  (Read 71836 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: February 11, 2014, 08:37:17 PM »

Great to hear, I will open a thread for moderators to discuss the potential questions and date.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #401 on: February 11, 2014, 08:52:35 PM »

Endorzed
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #402 on: February 13, 2014, 08:00:46 PM »

I think it is safe to say that TNF stands for Triumph Not Failure.  By the way, congrats on throughly dominating the debate thus far, Comrade Smiley
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #403 on: February 24, 2014, 03:16:38 AM »

VICTORY!

I address you tonight as both a winner and a loser, comrades. First, on the losing end. Tonight, I regretfully announce my concession in the Presidential race to my good friend and colleague, the President of the Republic of Atlasia, Duke and of course, Vice President Matt, a very dear friend of mine. It was a hard fought race. It was a race of ideas, and of contrast, between myself, Governor Spiral, and the President. I want to offer congratulations to the President and Vice President on their respective re-election. Four more months indeed.

But now, the moment that I have been waiting to announce and the moment that I'm sure we've all been waiting for: the conclusion, the final chapter, in the race between myself and Governor Lumine. This has been one hell of a fight. It has been a knock-down, drag-out, drama-filled race where I'd wager to say that at times, we both let the campaign get the best of us. Hyperbole was had, but we still made this a campaign about the issues that affected the daily lives of Midwesterners. We had an excellent debate and kept this cycle exciting. I am glad to have had that opportunity, to have been able to engage with such a well spoken and well versed opponent. It truly was a pleasure, Governor. I wish you luck in all your future endeavors in Atlasia and sincerely thank you for all the work you have done in making our Region a better place.

To my friends: I want to thank you for all the support you have given me. I want to chiefly thank the Labor Party, whose members have been the best friends a guy could ever ask for, in politics as well as elsewhere. We might bitch at one another from time to time or disagree on strategy or the way forward, but at the end of the day, you guys are family and I wouldn't be where I am standing today without you. Thank you for all your support. It is never underappreciated.

To my detractors:
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #404 on: February 24, 2014, 05:24:46 AM »

Congratulations TNF!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #405 on: February 24, 2014, 07:19:03 AM »

Congrats Smiley
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #406 on: February 24, 2014, 10:44:39 AM »

Thank you both for all the help and support you've given me in this race. I won't forget it.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #407 on: February 24, 2014, 11:04:42 AM »

You've done very well in this election, much more than what many people assumed. Be proud of that fact! You made for a great opponent. Smiley
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #408 on: February 24, 2014, 11:56:32 AM »

You've done very well in this election, much more than what many people assumed. Be proud of that fact! You made for a great opponent. Smiley

Thank you for your kind words, Governor. All the same to you!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #409 on: February 24, 2014, 12:35:39 PM »

Thanks for being a terrific opponent, TNF. It's always fun to have elections where the three candidates have stark differences. I just wish we could've had a debate! Oh well. And congrats on your return to the senate - it looks like we will have to deal with each other for four more months. Wink
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #410 on: February 24, 2014, 02:20:24 PM »

I haven't caught up on if a runoff will occur, but if one does, you have my endorsement. Nothing against Lumine but the "crisis" involving vote editing proves, to me, that you deserve to come out ahead.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #411 on: February 24, 2014, 06:57:28 PM »

Congratulations on your reelection Senator TNF! You represent us well in the senate.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #412 on: February 24, 2014, 06:58:16 PM »

Congrats comrade! Another session!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #413 on: February 24, 2014, 08:30:31 PM »

Congratulations, while we may not agree on much you are consistently active and represent the level all citizens should aspire to.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #414 on: March 03, 2014, 01:19:40 PM »

CO-DETERMINATION AND CO-OPS
A new way forward for Atlasian industry

Cheyenne, Amity - Today I have introduced a substantive amendment to the Co-determination Act, which will pave the way forward for co-determination in private industry while also making worker owned and managed co-operatives a more viable option and a more substantive force in our economic life. I want to take this as an opportunity to likewise praise the work being done in our very Region, by folks like Brewer, Arturo, windjammer, and Adam toward the creation of a more fair and democratic Midwestern commonwealth. You are all doing the work of the working class! I hope that my new version of the Co-determination Act provokes needed debate about the role of co-ops in our economy and provides the Atlasian worker with yet another outlet for real representation on the job by establishing a system of real co-determination. The bill is, I'd like to say, much more well thought out and workable than the previous version, and I'd like to thank President Duke for giving me the opportunity to bring forward what I think will ultimately be a more workable system for employer and employee alike.

As always, if you have any questions for me, my inbox is always open and my thread is as well open for comment and questioning. Feel free to ask me anything.

In solidarity,

Senator TNF
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #415 on: March 03, 2014, 04:54:15 PM »

Governor Windjammer joins TNF in his fight for the working class! I definitely hope that Duke will propose a redraft!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #416 on: March 06, 2014, 12:02:06 PM »

In keeping with the Midwest's tradition as the land of the loony left, today I asked Archduke Arturo Belano to introduce legislation that would rename Canadian provinces under our jurisdiction. Here's hoping to it's swift passage!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #417 on: March 06, 2014, 12:10:59 PM »

...we annexed Canada?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #418 on: March 06, 2014, 12:18:56 PM »

Yeah that happened a few months ago.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #419 on: March 29, 2014, 03:38:43 PM »

Just stopping in to share with the good people of Atlasia a translation of Simfan's recent speech from plutocrat into English. Here it is for all to behold!

(Warning: Apologism for social parasitism and RICH PEOPLE TEARS ahead)

Platform for The Rich People

When I first ran for Senate, I chose to run an “ideas-based campaign” that would lay out several ideas I planned to pursue if I was elected for the rich. I consider that The Rich People received this well, that they had a desire to see new ideas put forth and pursued for the rich. Now, two weeks ago, I gave a speech outlining what I considered to be a “Rich People-oriented policy”, the kind of policies a leader should pursue if he or she sought, as they should, to advance the cause of The Rich People. So, my (brief) campaign shall be based on, first and foremost, the Rich People-oriented policy and ideas to advance this policy- what I consider the Platform for The Rich People.

So what are the Principles for the Rich People? 

As Senator, I will support and propose pro-employment policies that respect the ideas of free enterprise the destruction of working class living standards and the funnelling of their hard earned wealth to non-working social parasites and the basic realities of  rich people oriented economics. There have been many around here as of late claiming to advance the interests of “the working People”, (What nerve!) as if some of The People worked and others of those who claimed to do so did not (they're on to us!). This is fallacious (but not really). The sacrifices of employers, entrepreneurs, and innovators (HAHAHAHAHA) to create goods and services that consumers desire (not really), and to provide low-wage, zero-benefit, non-union employment for The People, cannot be overlooked, which I fear has happened in some quarters (Will anyone think of the poor capitalist billionaires?).

I will propose policies with regard to the energy sector that will expand sh**tty job-creation opportunities for The People and remove regulatory red tape safeguards on human beings based on unscientific and un-factual grounds dignity and common sense.

I will propose policies that give business owners and entrepreneurs the ability to work with their employees to help keep The People employed, and not strangle business to the detriment for the sake of increasing the power of certain individuals (I have no problem with rich people having ever expanding power at the expense of the rest of society however, lest you are concerned about my actual position in the class war). I will cite an example of this; the recent Job Destruction Penalty Act proposed by Senator TNF would unfairly constrain the ability of businesses to keep workforces proportionate to the demands of their markets. We have seen this elsewhere, with disastrous results. In Spain, where they had similar laws  (there, they got 45 days of pay per year only in the case of “unfair dismissal”, under TNF’s proposal, they would get 2 months no matter what), businesses have floundered due to their inability to pay severance to laid off workers, and hiring was anaemic, resulting in youth unemployment of over 50% and total employment over 25%. This is the sort of law that would purport to help The People but instead would greatly harm them. This is the sort of thing I would oppose. [insert lies and falsehoods perpetrated upon the working people on the Earth by the capitalist slavers here]

There are more ideas to come on behalf of the rich
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #420 on: March 29, 2014, 03:40:59 PM »

Your last bill about Unemployment is very good TNF and I hope this will pass! The best way to fight job destruction! Good luck!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #421 on: March 29, 2014, 03:43:28 PM »

I will admit amusement at that, TNF.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #422 on: March 29, 2014, 03:46:34 PM »

I will admit amusement at that, TNF.

I aim to please. Wink
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #423 on: May 08, 2014, 10:39:34 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2014, 01:01:06 AM by Senator TNF »

I've decided to seek a fifth fourth term in the Senate. In that term, I promise to continue to make the Atlasian right-wing cry for their mommies, wring their hands, and plot the transformation of Atlasia into a banana republic to stop my radical left-wing legislation. Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #424 on: May 08, 2014, 10:56:48 AM »

Fifth term? Not Fourth term? Tongue

Obviously endorsed.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length