Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:53:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 35
Author Topic: Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ  (Read 71536 times)
Potus
Potus2036

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: January 22, 2014, 11:26:29 AM »

So you're not just bankrupting Social Security, you're bankrupting the entire federal budget?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #376 on: January 22, 2014, 11:41:11 AM »

So you're not just bankrupting Social Security, you're bankrupting the entire federal budget?

Not sure how that would bankrupt the entire federal budget when there are plenty of cuts that could be made elsewhere (especially in the realm of military spending and the national security state) and plenty of tax increases we could enact upon the wealthy to make up the difference.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #377 on: January 22, 2014, 08:29:29 PM »

Not sure how that would bankrupt the entire federal budget when there are plenty of cuts that could be made elsewhere (especially in the realm of military spending and the national security state) and plenty of tax increases we could enact upon the wealthy to make up the difference.

Putting the tax burden on the wealthy to maintain a failed and broken entitlement system is simply unjust TNF.  It's the moral obligation of our government to have a strong defense apparatus. Strong but one that's reluctant in use and still seeking to preserve as much life and liberty as possible even in the situation. Look up the Just War Doctrine taught by St. Augustine and expounded upon by Dr. Ron Paul. Then you'll understand why a strong national defense is needed.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #378 on: January 23, 2014, 06:31:25 AM »

National security is and should always be the first priority of the federal government. There aren't enough rich people to fund everything. It just makes no economic sense.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #379 on: January 23, 2014, 11:34:40 AM »

National security is and should always be the first priority of the federal government. There aren't enough rich people to fund everything. It just makes no economic sense.

This country has he largest GDP on the planet. Surely we can direct some of that away from the people who are literally stealing it from the people who produce that wealth and to the producers, that is, the working class.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #380 on: January 23, 2014, 11:36:03 AM »

My opponent has announced his "team" today, which unsurprisingly consists of a bunch of right-wingers. Weird how the "Progressive Union" has a member which openly calls for the privatization of Social Security and supports compulsory pregnancy, isn't it? Doesn't sound like much of a "progressive" party to me.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #381 on: January 23, 2014, 12:49:42 PM »

What is your position on the Midwest and Pacific regional governments combining as proposed?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #382 on: January 23, 2014, 01:44:56 PM »

lol
My opponent has announced his "team" today, which unsurprisingly consists of a bunch of right-wingers. Weird how the "Progressive Union" has a member which openly calls for the privatization of Social Security and supports compulsory pregnancy, isn't it? Doesn't sound like much of a "progressive" party to me.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #383 on: January 23, 2014, 02:38:33 PM »

What is your position on the Midwest and Pacific regional governments combining as proposed?

Tentatively supportive, though I'd like to see how the details work out.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #384 on: January 23, 2014, 03:06:27 PM »

lol

Having read Lumine's platform, I got out the same interpretation as TNF. What's wrong with that?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #385 on: January 23, 2014, 05:50:21 PM »

lol

Having read Lumine's platform, I got out the same interpretation as TNF. What's wrong with that?

In my frank opinion, it's wrong in the sense that TNF takes conclusions to an extreme. Are there more right wingers than left wingers? The team is split in half with Superique and Brewer from the left and DC and Cris from the right. I have recieved additional help from other people in the right, sure, but what is wrong with that? The fact that I consider myself from the center/center right is not a surprise, but my views on the environment (and previously in game reform) were not necessarily popular with the right, so that doesn't make me a member of the far right.

I will concede to TNF that my views on Social Security are more to the right than the rest of the party, but then again, most members of my party have more leftist views than me on several issues. The Senator himself holds views that moderate Laborites sometimes consider too leftist, so while I don't want to engage in a game of tu quoque, I don't think that criticism is fair. And the compulsory pregnancy line is just hyperbolic nonsense. While I have serious moral concerns about abortion (we're talking about a life here), I am not calling for a ban on abortions, nor am I trying to lead a war against women. I'm looking for reasonable ways to reduce abortions and to reach a balance which enables abortion when necessary (rape, incest, danger to the mother's life, the first weeks of pregnancy perhaps), but this is precisely the kind of issue in which extreme positions don't work.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #386 on: January 23, 2014, 07:11:12 PM »

I find it interesting that you chose to differentiate yourself from the right on environmentalism, when Brewer is so far to the right on that same issue.

I think that's what TNF was talking about. I'm not really offering a value judgment of his statements, but I'm pretty sure that's where he's coming from.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2014, 07:44:11 PM »

I find it interesting that you chose to differentiate yourself from the right on environmentalism, when Brewer is so far to the right on that same issue.

I think that's what TNF was talking about. I'm not really offering a value judgment of his statements, but I'm pretty sure that's where he's coming from.

Brewer was not his environmental advisor! Tongue
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #388 on: January 23, 2014, 09:10:31 PM »

Brewer was not his environmental advisor! Tongue

True, but that doesn't preclude Brewer, whose main policy point has been to be a far-right environmentalist, from casting that shadow.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #389 on: January 24, 2014, 11:12:17 AM »

TNF, I have to credit you for being a fighter. This will be an interesting one to watch. Allow me to recommend the movie Hoffa with Jack Nicholson - to be shown to your supporters; it's a worthy tribute to the labor leader.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #390 on: January 27, 2014, 07:03:43 PM »

Senator, I think it's time for us to finally have a debate on the issues. I sincerely apologize for the long wait, but I still can't find a moderator who both of us could consider impartial. Do you have any proposals for a moderator?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #391 on: January 28, 2014, 11:08:10 AM »

Senator, I think it's time for us to finally have a debate on the issues. I sincerely apologize for the long wait, but I still can't find a moderator who both of us could consider impartial. Do you have any proposals for a moderator?

Perhaps a panel of moderators would be best? One Federalist, one Progressive, one Laborite, and one Democratic-Republican?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #392 on: January 28, 2014, 03:03:59 PM »

Perhaps a panel of moderators would be best? One Federalist, one Progressive, one Laborite, and one Democratic-Republican?

That would be perfect indeed, and it would certainly secure a very engaging debate! I would like to suggest Tyrion as the Laborite moderator, and Scott or Siren as the Progressive moderator. I'm not sure about the Federalist and the Democratic-Republican, though.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #393 on: January 28, 2014, 03:13:38 PM »

Cris could be a good Federalist moderator.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #394 on: January 28, 2014, 03:15:46 PM »

TNF, would it be possible to cut a merger between one of authoritarian economic views such as yourself and a band of social reactionaries? I was hoping for some sort of fasciocommunistic coalition that could bring the elites tumbling down.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #395 on: January 29, 2014, 05:00:17 PM »

That would be perfect indeed, and it would certainly secure a very engaging debate! I would like to suggest Tyrion as the Laborite moderator, and Scott or Siren as the Progressive moderator. I'm not sure about the Federalist and the Democratic-Republican, though.

I'm down!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #396 on: January 29, 2014, 05:02:45 PM »

I would love to see him moderate, but he is part of my campaign team after all...

I'm down!

Great!
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #397 on: January 29, 2014, 05:10:33 PM »

I would love to see him moderate, but he is part of my campaign team after all...

I'm down!

Great!

I'll do it for the Feds, if need be.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #398 on: February 11, 2014, 04:56:23 PM »

Well, Senator, in the end I decided to contact Shua, Tyrion, Riley and DemPGH as the moderators, and they all accepted. I feel that they would provide a good balance between right and left (Shua/Riley - Tyrion/DemPGH), and they seemed the best choices to me. If you agree with them, all we have left is a concrete date (tomorrow, Thursday?) and set how many questions per moderator so they can make the necessary arrangements.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #399 on: February 11, 2014, 05:19:49 PM »

I think that tomorrow would work best for me. I don't have a preference on questions for moderator, although with four moderators, perhaps five questions each would be best, as that would give us a round number of 20 total questions for the both of us to answer. Thank you for doing the PMing work, I am quite satisfied with your selections for the moderators of our debate, Governor.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies