Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:18:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 35
Author Topic: Office of Chairman TNF: Red Army takes NM, UT, ID, AZ  (Read 71811 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: January 13, 2014, 04:08:23 PM »
« edited: January 13, 2014, 04:13:20 PM by Senator Tmthforu94 »

Calling posts "retarded"?? I didn't even think you would stoop so low, Senator.

The personal attacks have simply gone too far - it amazes me how so many Laborites continue to turn such a blind eye to this. This game is no longer fun when people make posts filled with personal attacks and hatrid.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2014, 04:14:07 PM »

Calling posts "retarded"?? I didn't even think would stoop so low, Senator.

The personal attacks have simply gone too far - it amazes me how so many Laborites continue to turn such a blind eye to this. This game is no longer fun when people make posts filled with personal attacks and hatrid.

I don't know, I don't think TNF has it in him to be so hateful of these other people, maybe he had a bad day, maybe he hasn't slept or ate anything in a few days.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2014, 04:23:28 PM »

Oh, my apologies, Senator, sometimes I can be really dense, and perhaps a little bit dumb when to comes to try and understand some statements made on the thread... But you have my most sincere thanks for such an emotional, friendly and moderate answer to my concerns, which I'm sure the voters will appreciate very much. Naturally I have a lot of extra things to say, but I'll save my comments for the debate, which I hope will help to disprove some of those grave accusations launched against our political parties and so many officeholders you have spoken so eloquently and nicely about.

Thus, I will refrain from further comments on this thread, given that the "retarded" posts of this hollow and useless moderate hero are evidently not appreciated nor wanted.

Have a good say, Senator!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #303 on: January 13, 2014, 04:27:29 PM »

Calling posts "retarded"?? I didn't even think you would stoop so low, Senator.

Cry me a river.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #304 on: January 13, 2014, 04:46:53 PM »

I have a family member who is mentally-handicapped and has struggled his entire life with individuals making fun of him for it. There is nothing amusing to me about people saying "retarded" in a derogatory way, and I frankly have no respect for anyone who uses such offensive language (not that you care about having my respect).

If you are going to start making such offensive statements, maybe you are taking this game just a bit too seriously, Senator.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #305 on: January 13, 2014, 05:06:40 PM »

Yeah, TNF, my cousin, who's the nicest person I've ever met, albeit a bit shy, has down syndrome. I really don't appreciate you using that term.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #306 on: January 13, 2014, 05:18:09 PM »

I have a family member who is mentally-handicapped and has struggled his entire life with individuals making fun of him for it. There is nothing amusing to me about people saying "retarded" in a derogatory way, and I frankly have no respect for anyone who uses such offensive language (not that you care about having my respect).

If you are going to start making such offensive statements, maybe you are taking this game just a bit too seriously, Senator.

There's nothing amusing to me about insincere trolling on your part and taking advantage of politically correct bulls**t to your own ends. If that's not the case, where were you condemning Napoleon?

Social conservatism/authoritarianism/prudish

My biggest pet peeve right now though is the completely retarded notion that someone "should" vote Democratic because they are lower income (or vice-versa, though since it is usually lefties saying this type of junk, it doesn't bother me as much). Anyone who says something like this demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of both politics and economics, and shows little capacity for intellectual thought.

You spend too much time in Bushie's thread. Not everything you read on this site is retarded as .

And with Oakland having a retard for a head coach, NClib is now the only 6-0 player in this game.

I think banning Krazen and reinstating jmfcst would be a fair trade for all parties.

Yeah I don't think anyone would be opposed to this.

I'm opposed.

Px75 is as bad as Krazen actually he is far more personally insulting. Bandit is just a retard.

Why is it that the Federalists consistently have nothing to peddle other than garbage about "tone" while simultaneously engaging in personal attacks that you regularly condemn me for engaging in. (Let us not forget the "esteemed" PiT comparing Xahar to Osama bin Laden, for example)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #307 on: January 13, 2014, 05:50:22 PM »

So I decided I'm going to keep posting this question in your thread until you answer it.  If you don't want half the thread to be me posting the same unanswered question, I suggest you answer it.  And it isn't because I want to make you look bad.  Everyone on here who isn't a True Leftist already knows what a relentless jackass you are, so I know that wouldn't be necessary on my part.

Once again, how do you explain defending Xahar for inactivity while condemning Napoleon?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #308 on: January 13, 2014, 05:50:56 PM »

So I decided I'm going to keep posting this question in your thread until you answer it.  If you don't want half the thread to be me posting the same unanswered question, I suggest you answer it.  And it isn't because I want to make you look bad.  Everyone on here who isn't a True Leftist already knows what a relentless jackass you are, so I know that would be overkill on my part.

Once again, how do you explain defending Xahar for inactivity while condemning Napoleon?

See above posts, learn how to read, etc.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #309 on: January 13, 2014, 05:52:04 PM »

5.- How do you explain defending Xahar while condemning Napoleon?

5. I have answered this question before. The fact that you and your ilk do not like my answer does not change the fact that I answered this question a very long time ago.

Forgive me, Senator, I seem to have missed the post wherein this question was answered.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #310 on: January 13, 2014, 05:52:15 PM »

How do you explain defending Xahar for inactivity while condemning Napoleon?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #311 on: January 13, 2014, 06:13:04 PM »

There's nothing amusing to me about insincere trolling on your part and taking advantage of politically correct bulls**t to your own ends. If that's not the case, where were you condemning Napoleon?
I wish I could say this was all just insincere trolling and that hurtful words mean as little to me as they do to you. But I've seen the pain firsthand that this word has had, and it's not something that I play games with....

The only post I have ever seen where Napoleon used that word was on this board, and I reported the post. As I said before, I have no tolerance for people using that word, no matter who they are. I am extremely disappointed that Napoleon has used such language on numerous occasions. 
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #312 on: January 13, 2014, 07:06:57 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2014, 07:39:40 PM by Flo »

Unfortunately TNF, I cannot find a post you made regarding Xahar and Napoleon, I went back to late October and I saw nothing, I hope that you could explain the questions that many of us continue to ask you:

Why do you only attack PJ, when every person who believes women should have a right to an abortion said this:

Why do you believe IBDD is a troll?

Why do you believe that the Progressive Union is a 'derp brigade'?

Why don't you reach out to these voters so you can win a few more elections?

Why do you think you deserve re-election?

You are attacking constituents, attacking people who aren't affiliated with this region, but not once, have I ever seen you criticize anyone who was currently in your party, although once they left, you seem to bash them more than once, why is that?

Why have you gone away from the bipartisanship (a muh moderation tmth dc al fine derp brigade word) that would enable all parties to get what they want in a bill?

Why have you been so disrespectful to people who are asking questions? Why do you feel the need to do that?

I hope you have a wonderful evening Senator.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #313 on: January 13, 2014, 07:58:47 PM »

You would rather write a song about your opponent then answer simple questions?

Not sure what simple question I'm avoiding answering here that isn't an inane or ridiculous set up by you or the "Progressive" Union.
I was referring to the question asked by RG Fritz, a Laborite.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I was empty quoting Sirnick, another laborite. Other members of said quote pyramid were Mr. X (Laborite) and Snowstalker. (Laborite)

Social conservatism/authoritarianism/prudish

My biggest pet peeve right now though is the completely retarded notion that someone "should" vote Democratic because they are lower income (or vice-versa, though since it is usually lefties saying this type of junk, it doesn't bother me as much). Anyone who says something like this demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of both politics and economics, and shows little capacity for intellectual thought.

You spend too much time in Bushie's thread. Not everything you read on this site is retarded as .

And with Oakland having a retard for a head coach, NClib is now the only 6-0 player in this game.

I think banning Krazen and reinstating jmfcst would be a fair trade for all parties.

Yeah I don't think anyone would be opposed to this.

I'm opposed.

Px75 is as bad as Krazen actually he is far more personally insulting. Bandit is just a retard.

Why is it that the Federalists consistently have nothing to peddle other than garbage about "tone" while simultaneously engaging in personal attacks that you regularly condemn me for engaging in. (Let us not forget the "esteemed" PiT comparing Xahar to Osama bin Laden, for example)
None of these are even in the Fantasy Elections board.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
So you were lying when you said this and this?

Nay

This is an illegal, bulls**t witch-hunt of a vote. The fact that you all are ready and willing to expel Xahar but weren't about to expel a much worse Senator (Napoleon) accurately explains the pathetic approvals this Senate gains in the opinion polling.
This is the closest to a complete response I can find, and when anyone responds to it, you answer with tl;dr.

You gotta love that in your world, when the Progressive Union and moderate Laborites agree on something you don't agree with, you instantly blame it on PRO and pretend that moderate Laborites don't exist. Roll Eyes
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #314 on: January 14, 2014, 02:15:32 AM »

Also, I wonder if you actually understand why it is that people are up in arms. That would be a fun one to see you answer.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #315 on: January 14, 2014, 07:09:18 AM »

It's a game people, take a chill pill and tone down the personal attacks and cursing. I don't like having to infract people.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #316 on: January 14, 2014, 07:36:29 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2014, 11:05:18 AM by SoIA Superique »

It's a game people, take a chill pill and tone down the personal attacks and cursing. I don't like having to infract people.

This ^^^^ All this TNF-bashing and vice-versa is already making me tired...
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #317 on: January 14, 2014, 10:12:59 AM »

Do I have some issues with TNF's tone? Yeah, to an extent. But this dogpiling on one of our most dedicated and effective senators is getting way out of hand.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #318 on: January 14, 2014, 11:48:19 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2014, 11:52:07 AM by Senator TNF »

Say what you will about me, but unlike the whiners' caucus, but at least I don't report "personal attacks" that are made in the context of politics. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #319 on: January 14, 2014, 02:07:27 PM »

Do I have some issues with TNF's tone? Yeah, to an extent. But this dogpiling on one of our most dedicated and effective senators is getting way out of hand.
I would agree if not for the poetic justice aspects.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #320 on: January 14, 2014, 02:14:39 PM »

SEN. TNF OUTLINES POLICY AGENDA FOR THIRD TERM

Comrades, I join you today to give you an outline of what my agenda will be if elected to a third term. In the course of that, I would also like to explain the rationale behind introducing a number of pieces of legislation and highlight where it is that I stand on legislation proposed by my colleagues.

The Anti-Plutocacy Act is a measure I have introduced as a means of ending the unfair advantage that the wealthy have in being able to receive, from mommy and daddy, the vast majority of their wealth without having to do a day's work. This bill will limit the parasitic growth of a slothful and non-working elite, and that is why I have introduced it. The monetary gain to the Republic will likewise be a boon that can help us retire some of our debt and invest in social programs to benefit the productive members of our society, that is, the working class.

The DemPGH Fortune Fairness Act is something that I have introduced on behalf of the former Vice President, with whom I share total agreement on this proposed piece of legislation. There is far too much inequity between the wages of the producing class and the outright thievery perpetrated against them by the non-producers, that is, the capitalist class. This legislation will level some of that off and provide for a more equitable distribution of the wealth created by the working class.

The End Affirmative Action for the Rich Act will do just that by ending the use of legacy preferences in admissions at institutions of higher education. This will mean more open spots for people of the producing class who wish to attend an institution of higher education, and less spots for rudderless parasites who gain entry only because of their last name.

The Fair Taxation Act will limit the amount of taxes that can be gouged from the working man and woman on the necessities of life. Ideally I would like to see the full abolition of the sales tax and all so-called 'sin taxes', as they are regressive, unconscionable attacks upon the producers of our society who can only afford so much under capitalism.

The Amendment to the Responsible Federal Contract Act of 2013 that I have introduced will ensure that workers hired through the federal contracting process are ensured of their due right to organize, and will punish companies that ignore or try to interfere with this right.

The Fair Banking Act is one of my most ambitious pieces of legislation yet, for it provides relief to the producers while also limiting the power of the non-producing, parasitic banking class. It helps plug gaps in our social safety net while also ending predatory bank fees and ensures the right of every Atlasian to a bank account.

The Welfare Restoration Act repeals the stingy, racist "Welfare Reform" bills of the 1990s enacted by class enemy Bill Clinton and his friends in the Republican Congress. This will substantially help those Atlasians on welfare by expanding benefits and allowing benefits to last for a longer period of time.

The Party Like It's Your Birthday Act establishes the right to a paid day off on one's birthday or triple-time for those who prefer to work. It also establishes a "Baby Bond" of $1000 for every Atlasian citizen, allowing those who turn 18 to claim some income with which to begin a process of financial independence from their parents for the very first time.

The Co-Determination Act of 2014, which failed last session, is back and I want to see it passed by the next Senate because I believe it is of the utmost importance to improve working conditions and give workers the right to a voice on the job.

The Amendment to the Right to Enjoy Oneself in Public Act will eliminate penalties currently doled out upon persons intoxicated in public. This bill is but the first in a series of bills I plan on introducing based on those proposed by Gubernatorial candidate dallasfan65 in his campaign thread.

The Collective Bargaining Modernization Act of 2014 also failed last session, but I'm bringing it back in hopes of the Senate wising up and passing it this time around. This bill will expand the right to organize and allow for a more rational economic planning between capital and labor to occur.

The Actual End to Imperialism Act (For Real This Time) is something that I have introduced to build upon what we have accomplished in the way of reducing Atlasian presence abroad in the last Senate. It will cut the military budget and provide needed funds for social programs at home, as well as take a tougher line against the Israeli apartheid state.

The Bill of Rights Amendment that I have introduced expands protections under the law for a number of groups currently left out, as well as recognizes the Second Bill of Rights first proclaimed by President Roosevelt.

The Job Destruction Penalty Act is a bill which will make employers think twice about idling their workforces by requiring severance pay and pay to the communities effected by job losses. This bill will help protect our withering industrial base and make companies think twice before tossing out those who produce their wealth.

The Contract Modernization and Continuity Act protects negotiated contracts for union members as well as guarantees arbitration for first time negotiations, something that will no doubt improve the rate at which contracts are signed and force hostile employers to the table.

The Amendment to the Paid Leave Act expands our paltry Paid Leave regime, as well as creates a new category of one-year paid time off for workers who have been with an employer for at least a decade.

Where do I stand on my colleagues' legislation?

The Pacific Deconstruction Resolution is an honest attempt at keeping regional consolidation as a major topic of discussion in Atlasia, something that I of course applaud as a regional abolitionist. I am not entirely sure I am ready to support the bill as is, and so I look forward to how the Senate handles the resolution once it comes to the floor. ABSTAIN for now.

The Plebiscite Clause Removal Amendment is another amendment which will foster regional consolidation, one that I totally and completely SUPPORT.

The Dry Counties Are Bad Counties Act also has my SUPPORT.

I am however totally and completely OPPOSED to the Cocaine Should Still be Illegal Act and will fight to make sure that it goes down in defeat. I support the legalization of cocaine and all currently illegal substances.

I am also OPPOSED to the Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act which cuts funding for our public health services.

I definitely SUPPORT the Glorious Airport Renaming Act.

I am OPPOSED to the Amendment to the Fair Rights De-Registration Act.

I SUPPORT the Regional Recognition of Marriages and Civil Unions Act.

I SUPPORT the End Double Jeopardy Amendment.

I SUPPORT the Fracking Ban.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2014, 02:15:41 PM »

What's Next?

If elected to a third term, I plan on fulfilling the following policy initiatives:

A JOBS GUARANTEE. For too long Atlasians have suffered under the brutal hand of market-driven unemployment. If elected to a third term, I plan on introducing legislation that will guarantee every Atlasian a job. This jobs guarantee will come in the form of cash payments to the Regions, which will then be required by law to hire the unemployed (at union wages) to do work that needs doing in their communities. It would be a federally-funded, locally-administered program that could and would expand and shrink as private sector investment expands and more jobs are created.

MAKE NIXCOME A TRULY UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME POLICY. One of the most spectacular things that the Senate has done during my time there has been the establishment of Nixcome, which stands out as a humane and humanizing alternative to our otherwise dehumanizing and at times embarrassing welfare state. I believe, however, that Nixcome does not go far enough, nor is it truly a universal program, which is something I hope to change. A universal basic income of about $500 per week for every Atlasian would end abject poverty in this country.

A FEDERAL LAND VALUE TAX. It's a policy that has already been wildly successful in funding three of our five regions and should be a policy that will fund our whole republic. The enactment of an LVT would weaken the power of parasitic landlords and capitalists while lifting the tax burden off of those who actually work for a living.

UNIVERSAL HOUSING. A public housing construction program on a scale the likes of which Atlasia has never seen to end homelessness in this country would be a major priority of mine in the next Senate.

CAPPING INCOMES. Why should any person take in millions of dollars per year while so many in this country live in utter destitution? I propose a 100% tax upon all income in excess of $999,999 and the redistribution of that income to the people that actually produced it.

Call me a communist if you want, but the fact remains that millions are idle and poor under capitalism while a few live in gilded mansions with butlers and maids. I do not want to negotiate with the capitalist class. I want to eliminate it by ending the thievery of wealth and the aggregation of mass fortunes by social parasites. You might not always agree with me, but you'll always know where I stand.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #322 on: January 14, 2014, 02:54:08 PM »

The idea of universal housing is intriguing - it is something Utah has been attempting to do with relative success. I was actually thinking earlier today about trying to create some sort of pilot program for it (as a regionalist, I'm skeptical to fully implement it at the federal level), but would be happy to try and help out on it if you'd like.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #323 on: January 14, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »

The idea of universal housing is intriguing - it is something Utah has been attempting to do with relative success. I was actually thinking earlier today about trying to create some sort of pilot program for it (as a regionalist, I'm skeptical to fully implement it at the federal level), but would be happy to try and help out on it if you'd like.

I would welcome your assistance as well as the assistance of all Senators who want to make this proposal a reality.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #324 on: January 14, 2014, 03:32:32 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies