CO-PPP: Hick and Hillary struggling to keep state in Democratic hands
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:22:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CO-PPP: Hick and Hillary struggling to keep state in Democratic hands
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CO-PPP: Hick and Hillary struggling to keep state in Democratic hands  (Read 5004 times)
Zarn
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2013, 11:58:37 AM »

There's a huge name recognition gap here which has caused Clinton to look unstoppable in 2016 - the fact that she is within the margin of error with the Republicans here should bring some concern to Democrats, though it is still very early.

I don't think the margin of error ever makes a huge difference difference here. Name recognition or not, Paul and Rubio are poor fits for Colorado, which is filled with moderates, so I doubt Hillary would lose it to either of them. At this point, most voters aren't even thinking about the race, but if it did come down to Hillary and either of these two Republicans, it's clear who would have the advantage.

Colorado legalized pot, how is that a disadvantage to Paul? Clinton is very statist.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2013, 04:11:58 PM »

I like how Rand outperforms Rubio with both Hispanics and "Other".
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2013, 09:26:34 PM »

If someone like Rubio doesn't improve with hispanics, CO won't be terribly close. Still, there is no way Hillary can lose whites by 3 and win the state by only 4. Obama lost whites by 10 and won by over 5. If whites vote GOP by a 3 point margin, CO looks like a Hillary victory by 7 to 9 points. Of course this is all pointless speculation but I suspect once Hillary begins defending Obama policies she will stay steady in places like CO, NV, VA but drop significantly in KY, WV etc.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2013, 10:22:54 PM »

Colorado legalized pot, how is that a disadvantage to Paul? Clinton is very statist.

I never mentioned pot at all. On most issues, Paul is very conservative, probably more so than McCain and Romney, both of whom lost the state.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 02:33:39 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2013, 02:39:34 PM by 5280/East California »

Read my screen name, Colorado has been Californicated.  Moderate is a mask term for sheep who are secretly liberal.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2013, 11:51:51 AM »

I never mentioned pot at all. On most issues, Paul is very conservative, probably more so than McCain and Romney, both of whom lost the state.

It's not going to hurt to be fiscally conservative.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2013, 11:25:21 PM »

Hillary must be doing really poorly with white voters here.
illegaloperation

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 12:03:21 AM »

Bill Clinton won Colorado only once. Barack Obama is an unusually-good match for Colorado -- about as good a match for Colorado as he is a bad match for Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Tennessee, and West Virginia.   

I am not all that surprised with polls.

Hillary seems to be strong with the blue collar whites and college educated men, but weaker with the "coalition of the ascendant"

That means that she will need to do something to strengthen her hands in the west.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies