Rank the QBs

(1/1)

dead0man:
If you had to win the Super Bowl next year, rank the QBs (top 5...or 10 or whatever) in order of preference.

If you were a GM and wanted the best QB for the future of your franchise, rank those QBs.

and lastly, rank the QBs by the best all time of the active QBs.

Super Bowl this year
1.P.Manning
2.A.Rodgers
3.Brees
4.Ryan
5.Brady
6.Roethlisberger
7.R.Wilson
8.Luck
9.Flacco
10.Kaepernick

Franchise QB going forward
1.Luck
2.R.Wilson
3.Kaepernick
4.RGIII
5.Flacco
6.A.Rodgers
7.Brees
8.Ryan
9.Brady
10.......Eli?

Top QBs all time (active)
1.P.Mannning
2.Brady
3.A.Rodgers
4.Roethlisberger
5.Brees
6.Ryan
7.Eli
8.Flacco

Хahar 🤔:
1. P. Manning
2. Brady
3. Rodgers
4. Brees
5. Griffin
6. Kaepernick
7. Ryan
8. Roethlisberger
9. E. Manning
10. Cutler

1. Luck
2. Kaepernick
3. Rodgers
4. Griffin
5. Wilson
6. Ryan
7. Dalton
8. Cutler
9. Brady
10. Bradford

Griffin's position on the first list assumes he'll be fully ready by Week 3 at the latest; he takes a hit on the second list because of the injury risk. Jay Cutler is criminally underrated; a team looking to contend could do far worse than him. Joe Flacco belongs somewhere between #10 and #15, in the same category as Alex Smith. Neither of them will hold a good team back, but neither of them will make a bad team great. If Alex Smith hadn't gotten injured and had won the Super Bowl last year (a genuine possibility), I wonder if he would be talked up as an "elite quarterback".

1. P. Manning
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Rodgers
5. Roethlisberger

It's not a perfect comparison, but Brady and Manning remind me of Montana and Marino if the two had played in the same conference. Brady has had more team success than Manning, but he's played on much better teams. I do think that Manning is generally recognized as the best quarterback of his time.

Paul Kemp:
Super Bowl This Year
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Eli Manning
4. Peyton Manning
5. Brees

Going Forward
1. Luck
2. Rodgers
3. Ryan
4. Wilson
5. Brees/E. Manning

All Time [active players right now]
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Brees
4. Roethlisberger
5. Rodgers

I think Rodgers could leap to #3.

Oldiesfreak1854:
Super Bowl This Year
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Eli Manning
4. Peyton Manning
5. Tom Brady

Going Forward
1. Joe Flacco
2. Robert Griffin III
3. Alex Smith
4. Jay Cutler
5. Matt Ryan
6. Colin Kaepernick
7. Tim Tebow
8. Cam Newton

All Time (Active Players)
1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Eli Manning
4. Tom Brady
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. Ben Roethlisberger

DemPGH:
I don't know about ranking them, but going forward my top QBs are Luck and Kaepernick, probably Wilson as well - that dude actually showed up to play in the Pro Bowl, and looked terrific. They should have beaten Atlanta, and I love Pete Carroll. Watch out for Seattle. That said, I have a soft spot for the 49ers from my childhood when I sat on the couch in 6th grade or 5th grade and just watched them wipe out the Broncos. I mean it was 55-10, I think, and the game was not that close. The way the Broncos safeties could not cover the middle on the post, it could have been 77-10. Super Joe was the best all time, and then I was in high school when the cool Steve Young got the metaphorical monkey off his back. But Seattle is an up-and-comer, like I said I love their coach, it's physical, it's fast, it's hard - the way football ought to be, and there's a lot of jumping around and hugging and back-slapping. If I were a coach I'd be like Pete.

Eli is old reliable, and so he's my choice of all the veteran QBs, over Big Ben and brother Peyton. No matter, a QB needs a run game and a defense, and I'd just as soon rank running backs as well. If you have a back, the you probably have a QB with at least potential.

Oh, while I'm thinking of it and quite surprisingly, I like the Miami Dolphins updated logo.

A lot of QBs are washed up, are unreliable, are gun-shy, etc., like Cutler. Rodgers is a golden boy now - I don't know how much gritty championship football is left in him. Same for Brady. Brady will go through the motions, but when they get pressure on him and take away his bunch formation outlets, he huffs and puffs and starts thinking about the plane ride. Flacco got lucky. I will be shocked if he has anything close to a repeat, and Peyton cannot win the big one - the only time he did he had a defense and a running game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index