2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:33:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 81691 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: June 30, 2013, 11:12:06 PM »

Huckabee Statement:
"Our thoughts and prayers are with Dr. Jill Biden and the Biden Family. We wish the Vice President well and for a speedy recovery."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #351 on: June 30, 2013, 11:38:42 PM »

Haley: Any of them would be terrific!

AP - South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, who endorsed former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee earlier in the primary, appeared to backtrack on her endorsement today, making the following statement at a press conference in Columbia.

"You know, I like all the candidates in the race. I like Governor Huckabee's record as Governor, and I think he'd provide a stark contrast to President Obama's disastrous policies. However, in a primary which has primarily focused on Obama, I don't like how he's gone after fellow Republicans. In 2008, there was a lot more negativity, so no candidate really got damaged for going negative. However, this time around, everyone else has essentially ran a positive campaign except the Governor, which doesn't cast Governor Huckabee in a great light."

Today was also a good day for Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, who picked up the endorsed of Congressman Tim Scott. Governor Huntsman also got the endorsement of former Lt. Governor Andre Bauer. In Florida, Senator Ayotte has begun an aggressive campaign strategy, and her commitment to the state has won her the endorsement of Attorney General Pam Bondi.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #352 on: June 30, 2013, 11:49:09 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2013, 11:53:10 PM by Governor Spamage »

Tim Scott:
    "My fellow South Carolinian's, in the next week we'll face one of the most difficult decisions in a long time, who to choose for our Party's nominee. As for me, I now have my choice, Kay Bailey Hutchinson and I encourage everyone of you to take a serious look at her candidacy. She is the candidate which will best represent South Carolina in Washington D.C. heck, she's the best candidate who'll represent America in the White House. She has been a tireless campaigner while still managing to be one of the most active and devoted Senators. She's an inspiration to me personally, and her dedication to the people is legendary. Anyways, I'll be voting for Kay, the candidate who will win this November and take back the White House, something which we desperately need done."
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #353 on: July 01, 2013, 12:32:27 PM »

Roemer Campaign Schedule: January 11-15

January 11: South Carolina
-Breakfast on the beach in Myrtle Beach, SC 
-Meet and greet in Conway, SC
-Townhall in Kingstree, SC 
-Rally in Florence, SC with Pat Choate and Kinky Friedman

January 12: South Carolina
-Meet and greet in Hartsville, SC
-Lunch in Sumter, SC
-Rally in Columbia, SC with Pat Choate and Kinky Friedman
-Townhall in West Columbia, SC

Corporate profits are at an all-time high - but why aren't jobs here? It's because they're sending the jobs overseas at the expense of American families. This unfair trade is stealing our jobs and stifling economic growth, and creating this debt - and we need to keep borrowing to maintain our standard of living. But the guys with the big checks and the special interest money don't want change, they're getting enriched by it at the expense of Main Street America. We need real reform of our campaign finance, get the special interests out, and then we can turn to real reform of our trading system and getting American jobs back.

January 13: South Carolina
-Meet and greet in Cheraw, SC
-Lunch in Lancaster, SC
-Townhall in Rock Hill, SC
-Dinner in Union, SC

January 14: South Carolina
-Breakfast in Gaffney, SC
-Rally in Spartanburg, SC with Pat Choate and Kinky Friedman
-Townhall in Tigerville, SC
-Rally in Greenville, SC with Pat Choate and Kinky Friedman

How do we create jobs? It's simple. Deregulate small businesses so they can grow. Become energy independent - that's a million new jobs. Reduce federal spending. Seal our borders but allow legal immigration. Reform the tax code - lower rates and simplify. It's simple. Why isn't it happening? Because the boys at the top are living so well they've forgotten the rest of America. But I haven't. I'm asking the 98% of you who don't currently give to a political candidate to stand with me, to restore American's promise for our children and grandchildren.

January 15: South Carolina
-Meet and greet in Central, SC
-Rally in Clemson, SC with Pat Choate and Kinky Friedman
-Meet and greet in Pendleton, SC
-Townhall in Anderson, SC

Who am I? A former Governor, former Congressman, and a successful community banker coming back after 16 years of private life, to confront this institutional corruption and the loss of our crucial manufacturing base, to change that system, make our tax code fair, and challenge that corruption. But my path forward can't be done alone. I've made a pledge to only accept donations of $100 or smaller, so I'll need all of you to stand with me against the special interests if we really want to get things done. That campaign limits means I listen to you - not the special interests. And it makes me free to lead America.  

Alan Keyes endorses Buddy Roemer

When you look at which candidate has experience building a small business, which one strongly opposes abortion, the one that'll cut taxes, the one that wouldn't have gone to war in Iraq - you get one answer, and that's Buddy Roemer.

Campaign Business

Statement in response to Senator Hutchison
Governor Roemer agrees with Senator Hutchison and will not be engaging in personal attacks on other candidates. We must not violate Ronald Reagan's 11th Commandment - a focus on the issues is essential, and we must present a united front if we are to defeat President Obama in the fall.

Statement on the Vice President

I'm sorry to hear the news about the Vice President. Although we were on opposite sides of the aisle, I've always had great respect for Joe Biden - he wasn't one of them, y'know? He didn't take any special interest money, and he'd always go back to his state, almost every day, to hear about their concerns. He was one of the best, in the Senate, and I really do respect him as a person. Best wishes to him, and I hope he makes a full recovery. I'll keep him, and his family, in my thoughts and prayers.

New Ad: "Making People Angry" (To air in SC)

Some pundits say that I'm not a good politician, because I say things that make some people angry. They're right, I do. Made some people in Washington angry when I refused to take a Congressional pay raise, passed by the politicians, for the politicians. I thought the country needed to tighten its belt. I made the bureaucrats in Baton Rouge angry when I said I'd scrub the state budget. I made the polluters angry when I said that those who pollute the air and water should pay to clean it up. Clean it up or get out, I said. I made the education bureaucrats angry in Louisiana when I said I'd brick up the top three floors of the education building - cut the consultants and pay the teachers. I notice my opponents don't make very many people angry. That doesn't surprise you, does it? Politics as usual? I don't like American politics. I love America. And I love America enough, to make some people angry.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2013, 12:33:03 PM »

Roemer Debate Responses

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That sounds like a great idea - as Governor 24 years ago I passed a bill giving our veterans coming home a preference in state hiring, that's something I support the Congress doing now across the country. The President is Commander-In-Chief of the military, and I view that responsibility as more than just ordering them into battle - it's making sure that, when they come home, they're able to be successful. Under the Roemer administration Congress would declare war, not the President - less wars means more people able to work, and checks and balances would mean that any wars we do fight are well thought-out and we're able to provide for these people once we do so. Having Congress declare war also means more people know about it - this nation is a nation at war right now, over in places like Afghanistan, but we don't really feel it, not like we did in the past when we were at war in Vietnam. The American public is disconnected, and if they're more connected and more aware of the sacrifices that are being made to keep them safe it'll make our business owners more likely to offer incentives all on their own. And finally, and this fully addresses the question, we really need to view it as the government providing for these soldiers after their time of service as well as during. One of the first bills I passed in Congress was creating a VA hospital in Shreveport, Louisiana. I was so proud of that - that's a commitment we've made to our troops, that when they come home they will have the best quality health care. That's the commitment we've made, and we need to continue to refine it, to include job training, to include even better healthcare, to include everything we can to repay these men and women for what they've given for our country.

With a Republican Senate and a Republican House, I think it'd be very possible, especially if you presented a counterplan designed to cut health care costs. I fully want the government to supply us information, tell us what foods are healthy, tell us the healthy things to do, but what the government needs to do is give us knowledge. We're a smart people and we'll figure out what's best for ourselves, but we shouldn't be mandating health care. If we have a system of competition and choice, where we have a variety of insurance choices and we can pick the choice that works best for Buddy Roemer, or for Mitch Daniels, or for Mike Huckabee - cause even though we're all standing together on this stage tonight, we might not have the same health needs and require the same insurance policy. As President I will be presenting a counterplan to Obamacare - call it Roemercare if you want - that'll provide information, knowledge, choices, and competition by removing the insurance monopoly and making them compete across state lines, tort reform, remove the protection for pharmaceutical companies from price discounts, incentives to health care providers for lowering costs while maintaining quality. But the number one thing is to repeal Obamacare, written by pharmaceutical companies and lobbyists, and replace it with a system allowing those things I mentioned, and have the law be written, not by special interests, but by doctors, patients, and nurses. A whole different approach, starting with the people, will get the cost of healthcare down and down fast.

Pretty easy one - I would have gotten in earlier than I did. If I had a few more weeks to campaign in New Hampshire and Iowa I think we could've gotten higher than 5th - 4th, 3rd, or higher. I'd just really want to be spending more time on the ground getting our message out.

Simple, we don't have amnesty. We secure our borders and prevent illegal immigration, and those businesses that violate immigration laws should be held accountable. We are a nation of immigrants, I acknowledge and respect that, but we are a nation of legal immigrants. But the way I preserve jobs for American citizens, is by having a green-card program allowing workers to come for jobs that American workers aren't available for, and you hold the card-holder and company responsible for the conduct and presence of the worker with fines for violations and non-acceptance into the program for repeat violators. And holding businesses accountable - give a six-month grace period where they won't be punished for hiring illegal immigrants, then after that have fines for discovery of illegal immigrants working for US companies. Now, I said that we wouldn't have amnesty - I think we should be sifting through that with a fine net, allow a committee to interview any illegal immigrant that authorities think may have a case for not being deported, be it military service in the US, or being highly-skilled, that would be rare but it'd be good for America.

My position is very simple, and it's the position I've consistently held. I co-sponsored the President's Pro-Life Bill of 1987, Reagan's bill, which prohibits the use of federal funds for abortion. That'd be my number-one focus as President on this issue - ensuring that our tax dollars don't go to paying for abortions, reimbursing, researching, or paying for insurance that pays for abortions. No taxpayer money for abortions!

Ensuring a positive relationship between the Presidency and Congress is difficult - simply because for the Presidency to get anything accomplished the Congress needs to act, and we haven't been seeing a lot of acting out of Congress. Most of the reforms to Congress I'd like to see enacted I believe would go a long way towards making the body a lot more function and a lot more willing to work with the President and each other to get things done - including little things like monthly off-the-record bipartisan events, and bipartisan seating, just to get the parties working together and not solely trying to undermine each other each other. But as to what I specifically would do to better my relationship with legislators - I would take something from the British Parliament, where they have a regular questioning of their Prime Minister, and implement that here. Every month, I'd appear, with my cabinet, in either the House or the Senate for questions, discussions, and debate on the issues - televised, with questions from both sides. Having the Presidency be accessible for any legislator to question will go a long way towards that.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #355 on: July 01, 2013, 12:39:47 PM »

OOC: Boo! You posted about 15 minutes before I have to leave for work, so I can't start the next update until tonight! Sad

Candidates, feel free to add speeches, television ads, social media, etc. until tonight when I update. Will probably be around 11 PM ET.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #356 on: July 01, 2013, 01:06:03 PM »

Hutchinson Facebook Post:

We need a President who will actually work with Congress, not talk down to it! Lets tell President Obama that name-calling and finger pointing won't work, he really needs to learn how to negotiate and compromise! If elected president, I'll foster a good relationship with Congress by simply trying.

Tweet from Lindsey Graham:

Take if from me, South Carolina, we need an actual leader in Washington, and that person is KBH, remember to go vote on Primary Day!

Tweet from John Kyl:

KBH has been an excellent colleague in the Senate and I trust that the voters of SC, FL, and every other state will see this come Primary Day!

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #357 on: July 01, 2013, 05:29:44 PM »

DeMint on the Stump: Believe in Huckabee
"For years our party has been looking for someone to pickup the Reagan Mantle. To champion the conservative principles. We are not looking for a mushy moderate who flips on positions like a well oiled weather vane. Mike Huckabee is the candidate we've been waiting for. He's the candidate conservatives deserves and he is ready to pickup the Reagan Mantle and restore sanity to Washington, DC. I ask you to join with me in voting for this man and see that he is the next President of the United States. I believe in Mike Huckabee. Believe in him to appeal to our better angels, to strengthen the principles of limited constitutional government, to foster the vision of our founders for a more perfect union. I ask you to vote for this decent man. I ask you to stand with him. I ask you to believe in Mike Huckabee."

Huckabee Ad: Authentic (Airing in South Carolina)
"If you're looking for someone who's a slick politician and promise you something now and then backtrack it once they're elected, then I'm not your candidate. If you want someone who will fight for the unborn child, who will standup to a ballooning federal budget, cut taxes and fight for limited government that adheres to the one established by our founders, then I am your candidate, I promise that with me you have an authentic conservative, worthy of the nomination of our party."
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #358 on: July 01, 2013, 10:00:37 PM »

Ron Paul (Ventura surrogate)Sad
January 11:
Rally and fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
Speech in Las Vegas, NV on the free market and voting for Ron Paul in the Caucus and Ventura in
the general
Rally in Reno, NV

January 12:
Speech in Carson City, NV
Town hall in Golconda, NV
Meet and greet in Spring Creek, NV

January 13:
Town Hall in Elko, NV
Fundraiser and Speech in Henderson, NV
Rally in Sparks, NV

January 14:
Speech on bringing the troops home in Sunrise Manor, NV
Rally in Pahrump, NV
Town Hall in Moapa Vally, NV

January 15:
Fundraiser and Speech on ending the fed in Clark, NV
Town hall in Incline Village, NV
Rally in Mesquite, NV
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #359 on: July 01, 2013, 10:26:39 PM »

January 16th - 21st starts now!!!

RealClearPolitics

We will be transferring from "The Times" to RealClearPolitics for polling and news. Cheesy

Polling Update

NATIONAL AVERAGE

Daniels: 26%
Hutchison: 24%
Ayotte: 18%
Huckabee: 15%
Huntsman: 9%
Roemer: 5%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 3%

SOUTH CAROLINA

Hutchison: 26%
Huckabee: 21%
Daniels: 21%
Ayotte: 12%
Huntsman: 7%
Roemer: 6%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 7%

FLORIDA

Hutchison: 22%
Daniels: 20%
Ayotte: 19%
Huntsman: 16%
Huckabee: 12%
Roemer: 2%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 11%

NEVADA

Huntsman: 28%
Hutchison: 17%
Ayotte: 15%
Huckabee: 12%
Roemer: 2%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 6%

ARIZONA

Hutchison: 25%
Huntsman: 20%
Daniels: 18%
Ayotte: 15%
Huckabee: 13%
Roemer: 4%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 5%

MASSACHUSETTS

Ayotte: 27%
Daniels: 21%
Hutchison: 20%
Huckabee: 11%
Huntsman: 9%
Roemer: 3%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 9%

MAINE

Ayotte: 30%
Hutchison: 16%
Huntsman: 14%
Huckabee: 10%
Roemer: 4%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 6%

NEW YORK

Daniels: 25%
Ayotte: 23%
Hutchison: 20%
Huckabee: 13%
Huntsman: 7%
Roemer: 3%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 9%

General Election Head-To-Heads:
Daniels: 46%
Obama: 42%
Ventura: 4%

Hutchison: 47%
Obama: 43%

Obama: 45%
Huckabee: 44%
Ventura: 5%

Obama: 46%
Ayotte: 43%
Ventura: 5%

Huntsman: 48%
Obama: 43%

Obama: 48%
Roemer: 40%

Female Power!

2008 was a historic year for the Republican Party, as the first female was nominated to a Presidential ticket in Sarah Palin. 4 years later, it appears more and more likely the party could be nominating it's first female presidential candidate, whether that be Senator Ayotte or Senator Hutchison.

Senator Ayotte, despite early on having a more "moderate" voting record in the Senate, has become a favorite among many in the Tea Party movement, as many like having a "fresh face" in the race. She is seeing a surge this week, primarily thanks to a strong debate performance (see below). Hutchison is also seen by many insiders to be running the strongest campaign, and many are beginning to believe she would be the strongest candidate to go up against President Obama.

Governor Huckabee, once the frontrunner in the race, has dug himself into a rut after running a questionable campaign strategy, and with a look at how polls are looking in upcoming states, one must wonder: Is there a winning strategy left for the Governor? One thing is for certain - he needs to stop the negative campaign, as in a race full of positivity and focus on Obama, he's sticking out like a sore thumb.

Governor Huntsman, despite polling low nationally, is continuing to build up a strong base in each of the early states - could he be the darkhorse in this race? And despite low funding, Governor Roemer continues to chug along - when will he finally catch a break?

"Randomizer" (Will reflect in next polling update)
Ayotte criticized by lack of experience by prominent GOP leaders
Ventura: Too aggressive to be President?

Debate Results!
Ayotte – A
Huckabee – C+
Hutchison – B+
Huntsman – A-
Daniels – A-

Tonight, the momentum grew for the Ayotte campaign, as she continues her meteoric rise in the polls. After months of struggling in debates, Senator Ayotte finally broke out of her shell tonight, despite early skeptisicm. This performance can be reminded of Governor Palin's 2008 VP debate - many expected a poor performance, but the fact that she was able to mostly hold her own against Senator Biden caused many to believe (in despite of perhaps actually doing worse than him) she actually did better, as she far exceeded expectations.

Governor Huntsman, Daniels, and Senator Hutchison all gave strong responses, and it only reinforces the notion that these three would all match up well against President Obama in a Presidential debate. Governor Huckabee was also strong, though his decision to continue attacking his opponents hurt him with voters, as well as his decision to ignore the question on tuition for illegal immigrants, which was directed to him. This only adds on to what has been a bad couple of weeks for the Huckabee campaign.

This turn will last for 72 hours! Please PM me on which states would would like to see polled.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #360 on: July 01, 2013, 11:32:03 PM »

Jesse Ventura Campaign Schedule: January 16 - 21

January 16
-Rally in Clark, NV
-Rally in Henderson, NV
-Rally in Sparks, NV
-Rally in Spring Valley, NV
-Rally and Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV

Folks, don't buy this stuff that the media is putting out, about me being too aggressive for the presidency. There's always an excuse for why I'm apparently not a qualified candidate. Back when I ran for governor, they called me a joke and that I shouldn't be taken as someone who's experienced for the job, even though I ran Minnesota's sixth-largest city for four years. Now that I'm getting attention again, they want to demean me and my supporters down just because we don't represent the two-party system in this country and that I won't back down from my views. This campaign is a campaign of solutions, and the solution this November is clear: don't vote for the Democrat or Republican!

January 17
-Rally in Paradise, NV
-Rally in Carson City, NV
-Rally and Fundraiser in North Las Vegas, NV
-Appearance on Anderson Cooper 360°
-Appearance on Fox & Friends

January 18
-Rally and Fundraiser in Minneapolis, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Saint Paul, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Duluth, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Brooklyn Park, MN

JESSE VENTURA MONEYBOMB

Email sent to supporters days before: I need your help. Although I've been rising in the polls nationally and the message has been slowly getting out, we're not without some obstacles. The media is trying to slander my name as they've done throughout my political career, and we need the resources to combat these allegations. On January 18, I need you to pledge whatever you can to my campaign so that the movement can continue to grow. The money you raise will not only finance ads to go on television, radio, and the internet, but will also be used for setting campaign headquarters in different states and organizing a strong grassroots operation. Together, we can show the establishment that the people really are fed up, and want a true third choice this November.

January 19
-Rally in Rochester, NH
-Rally in Nashua, NH
-Rally in Concord, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Manchester, NH

Ah, New Hampshire, the Live Free or Die State. Sounds like a motto I can live by. [chuckles] Well, I have to tell all you people out there, I'm glad you decided to come here tonight. My campaign is doing better than any third-party candidate has for over a decade, and that's because I think people sympathize with my message of freedom for all. I need to count on you to go independent this year, New Hampshire, because together we can send a message to all the politicians in Washington happy with the way things are that it's not going to play like that anymore. We need to hold our elected officials' feet to the fire here, and the good news is that it looks like that's happening more actively now than it has in a while. You better bet they're scared of me, too. I won a statewide election before. Why can't I win one nationally?

January 20
-Rally in Pocatello, ID
-Rally in Idaho Falls, ID
-Rally in Caldwell, ID
-Rally and Fundraiser in Boise, ID
-Appearance on The O'Reilly Factor

January 21
-Town Hall in Elko, NV
-Town Hall in Enterprise, NV
-Town Hall in Whitney, NV
-Town Hall in Winchester, NV
-Town Hall in Mesquite, NV

TV Ad: Too Aggressive?

Hello, folks, I'm Governor Jesse Ventura. Recently those pundits in the mainstream media have called me "too aggressive" to be president. But is that the case? While I'm assertive in my convictions, I'm not someone to personally attack a person's character for no reason and be ineffective as a leader like they think. Just look at my record. I was steadfast in what I wanted done as governor of Minnesota, and I had two parties in opposition to myself. Despite all this, I worked with the state legislature to accomplish many things for the state, including cutting the income and property taxes for all citizens, giving the first sales tax rebate for more money in people's pockets, and constructing light rail for better transportation in metropolitan areas. So I ask, am I really aggressive enough to not be a serious candidate? I think the American people know better. I'm Jesse Ventura, and I approve this message.

Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #361 on: July 01, 2013, 11:55:37 PM »

Barry Goldwater, Jr. (Ventura Surrogate) Campaign Schedule: January 16 - 21

I'm hearing that they're calling Jesse "too aggressive" now. To me, I'm pretty sure they mean "too principled," because they don't like the fact that he won't back down from what he stands for, no matter how unpopular it may be. That's something I respect, and which I can relate to. My father withstood many similar attacks during his presidential campaign, because he was unwilling to compromise his beliefs. Governor Ventura has a proven track record to actually get things done in office without having to compromise what he stands for. These allegations are baseless.

January 16 to 18: Barnstorming in Nevada

January 18 to 21: Barnstorming in Montana
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #362 on: July 02, 2013, 01:39:22 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2013, 02:06:35 AM by Governor Spamage »

Kay Bailey Hutchison Campaign Schedule January 16th-21st

"In just a few days voting will be finished, the campaigns will move on, and to many of the other candidates, as well as the media, South Carolina will be forgotten, but not by me. South Carolina, y'all have been wonderful and I am thankful for your Southern Hospitality. Without each one of y'all here my campaign wouldn't exist and I wouldn't have been able to meet so many wonderful people, all united by one thought, the path our nation is currently on is not sustainable. The President brands his policies as everything but what they really are, a failure. He's hurt business in America, killed jobs, and now too many Americans remain unemployed or underemployed. We can change this however, and thanks to y'all this idea is a reality. By simply voting on Primary Day you are ensuring that real change will come to Washington!"

Monday January 16th, 2012- SOUTH CAROLINA

Appearance on "the TODAY Show"
Speech to voters in Columbia with John Kyl
Speech to campaign volunteers in Greenville
Rally in Columbia with Lindsey Graham focused on Hunger in America
Open forum with voters in Greenville focused on jobs and job creation

Tuesday January 17th, 2012- SOUTH CAROLINA
Appearance on "Morning Joe"
Rally in Charleston with Jan Brewer and Republican Women
Town hall in North Charleston focusing on Foreign Policy
Speech on Iran, North Korea, and Cuba in Charleston
Fundraiser in Columbia with Lindsey Graham

"Ladies, look how far we've come! Within a hundred years we've gone from being unable to vote to Senators, Governors, and Representatives. While so much progress has made, there's 1 place we still haven't seen a women in Washington, the Oval Office. Its time to change this and I know y'all want to, I certainly do (laughter)! The GOP truly is the party of women when you look at its policies and is often unjustly criticized. So ladies, lets prove the critics of us and our beliefs wrong and get a woman in the White House, its about time ain't it?"

Wednesday January 18th, 2012- SOUTH CAROLINA
Rally with Lindsey Graham, Chris Christie, John Kyl, John Cornyn, Jan Brewer, Connie Mack, and Jeb Bush
Speech in Myrtle Beach on the debt and the national outlook
Speech in North Charleston on Energy and Oil
Rally in North Charleston with undecided voters alongside Susan Collins and Lindsey Graham
Appearance on the O'Reilly Factor

Thursday January 19th, 2012- SOUTH CAROLINA
Speech in Aiken on the importance of small business alongside Jeb Bush
Interviews on Local TV Stations discussing the race in SC and nationally
Lunch with campaign volunteers in Columbia
Speech to Young Republicans in Columbia with Mark Kirk

"As I open, I would like to thank all of you for gathering here today, young Republicans are probably one of the most important groups in our Party at present and the fact that y'all would even come to here the speech of this old lady is worth millions to me (laughter)!
       Unemployment among the nation's youth is ridiculous and unacceptable and this Administration has done little to tackle the problem. Instead they hammer on requirements, regulations, and restrictions alongside taxes to small businesses all across the nation. I recently met with a young man who discussed with me how he has been unable to find work at any local small businesses, something my generation often took for granted, and is currently facing eviction from his apartment. Many youth get their first jobs at small businesses and the truth is, stories like this young man's are all to common. If we punish one of the biggest employment groups of our nation's young people it creates a high unemployment rate with intense competition for the few positions that are open. This is unacceptable, as President I'll work with Congress, be it Republican, Democratic, or divided to get this under control because at present all we're doing is hurting those, like y'all, who will have the reins of this nation in a decade or two."

Friday January 20th, 2012- SOUTH CAROLINA
Speech to undecided voters with John Kyl and Olympia Snowe
Rally in Columbia near the State Capitol with Republican Women
Speech with Chris Christie focusing on the Economy
Appearance on the Rachael Maddow Show
Fundraiser in Charleston

Saturday January 21st, 2012- SOUTH CAROLINA

Rally in Columbia with Chris Christie, Lindsey Graham, Mark Kirk, Jeb Bush, Jan Brewer, Susana Martinez, Susan Collins, John Kyl, John Cornyn, Olympia Snowe, Tim Scott, Connie Mack, Mary Bono Mack, and NRA Leaders
Meet and Greet with voters in Columbia with Tim Scott
Local TV Interviews reminding voters to go vote
Meet with voters in Charleston
Meet with Voters in North Charleston
Watch results at campaign headquarters in Columbia
Speech following results in Columbia

Tweet from Hutchinson Campaign:
     "Today is Primary Day, or do I even have to remind y'all that? Remember to cast your ballots, every vote matters. "

Tweet from Lindsey Graham:
     "SC Voters, I strongly urge you to cast your ballot for KBH. She represents the REAL change we need in Washington and will be a wonderful President."

Tweet from Jeb Bush:
     "Remember to go and vote today SC, its of the utmost importance. Its time to show Obama what real leadership looks like, and let me say she won't campaign when there's a problem, she'll solve it.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #363 on: July 02, 2013, 01:47:23 AM »

Spamage, you're consistently spelling your candidate's name wrong.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #364 on: July 02, 2013, 02:07:12 AM »

Spamage, you're consistently spelling your candidate's name wrong.

My mistake Smiley
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #365 on: July 02, 2013, 07:55:08 PM »

Kelly Ayotte Campaign Schedule January 16th-21st Part 1

Monday Jan 16th

7:30 AM   
Hosting press conference and town hall
Plaza of the Americas Gainesville, FL
2012-01-16 at 7:30

1:30 PM   
Attending town hall Meeting
University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine 2015 Southwest 16th Avenue Gainesville, FL
2012-01-16 at 1:30

3:15 PM   
Speaking to Crowd of Supporters
Hemming Plaza Jacksonville, FL
2012-01-16 at 3:15

4:45 PM
Speaking to Supporters
Jacksonville Public Library 303 North Laura Street Jacksonville, FL
2012-01-16 at 4:45

6:00 PM
Hosting Town Hall
Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront ‎225 East Coastline Drive Jacksonville, FL
2012-01-16 at 6:00

Tuesday Jan 17th
9:00 AM   
Hosting town hall meeting on USS Yorktown
USS Yorktown, Charleston, S.C.
2012-01-17 at 9:00

11:30 AM   
Speaking to Supporters
Francis Field West Castillo Drive St. Augustine, FL
2012-01-17 at 11:30

1:00 PM   
Speech on Health Care
Flagler Hospital ‎400 Health Park Boulevard St. Augustine, FL
2012-01-17 at 1:00

2:00 PM   
Hosting town hall meeting News-Journal Center‎ 221 North Beach Street Daytona Beach, FL
2012-01-17 at 2:00

8:00 PM   
Hosting rally
Sea Dip Beach Resort 1233 South Atlantic Avenue Daytona Beach, FL
2012-01-17 at 8:00

Wednesday Jan 18th

7:15 AM   
Speech on Space
Jetty Park Campgrounds 9035 Campground Cir Cape Canaveral, FL
2012-01-18 at 7:15

10:45 AM   
Hosting town hall meeting
Amway Center 400 West Church Street #200 Orlando, FL
2012-01-18 at 10:45

12:45 PM   
City of Orlando City Hall 400 S Orange Ave Orlando, FL
2012-01-18 at 12:45

5:00 PM   
Willie Mays Park 2092 Willie Mays Parkway Orlando, FL
2012-01-18 at 5:00

Thursday Jan 19th

Hosting rally
Lakeland Public Library 100 Lake Morton Drive Lakeland, FL
2012-01-19 at 1:00

4:00 PM   
Speech about Education
Lakeland Public Library 100 Lake Morton Drive Lakeland, FL
2012-01-19 at 4:00

10:30 PM   
Sarah Palin
John McCain
Kelly Ayotte
Rick Santorum
Going on 'On The Record with Greta Van Susteren'

Friday Jan 20th

11:00 AM   
Curtis Hixon Park East Zack Street Tampa, FL
2012-01-20 at 11:00

1:45 PM   
Howard Johnson Plaza - Tampa Downtown Riverfront 111 West Fortune Street Tampa, FL
2012-01-20 at 1:45

4:30 PM   
The Dali Museum Dali Boulevard St. Petersburg, FL
2012-01-20 at 4:30

7:15 PM   
Speaking at Coquina Key Park
Coquina Key Park 3595 Locust Street Southeast St. Petersburg, FL
2012-01-20 at 7:15

Flight to South Carolina

Saturday Jan 21st

Visiting Greenville-Mission Polling Station with Rick Santorum
1115 Pelham Road, Greenville, S.C.
2012-01-21 at 12:45

2:30 PM   
Visiting Amicks Ferry Polling Station with Rick Santorum
960 Amicks Ferry Road, Chapin, S.C.
2012-01-21 at 2:30

6:30 PM   
Rick Santorum
Kelly Ayotte
John McCain
Sarah Palin
Hosting a primary night party at The Citadel
The Citadel, Buyer Hall, Mark Clark Hall, 2nd Floor, The Avenue of Remembrance, Charleston, S.C.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #366 on: July 02, 2013, 08:25:40 PM »

SOUTH CAROLINA PRIMARY

Huckabee Campaign Schedule: January 16-21
Huckabee campaigns in Charleston, SC

January 16: South Carolina
-Rally in Charleston, SC with Chuck Norris
-Rally in Myrtle Beach, SC with Chuck Norris
-Speech on Education in Columbia, SC
-Speech on Education in Greenville, SC
-Meet and Greet at Smoke on the Water in Greenville, SC
-Interview with Hannity, Live from Greenville, SC

Hannity: Governor how do you feel going into Saturday's contest?
Huckabee: I feel that we're going to win. I say that because of our operation here on the ground. We've gearing up a terrific get-out-the-vote effort across the state and while some polls have us done, our internals show us coming on strong.
Hannity: This has been a competitive contest and at points, it's been downright nasty. Do you regret the tenor of this campaign and has Ronald Reagan's Eleventh Commandment been broken?
Huckabee: Sean, this is a competitive race because each of us are concerned about the direction of this country and want to replace Barack Obama. Now I happen to believe that I am the strongest candidate who not only defeat the President, but articulate the conservative message effectively and broaden our party electorally. Now, my approach to the campaign has it been perfect? No, but am I satisfied with it, yes. Now it may lead to a disagreement or to. I have great respect for all the candidates and frankly anyone of us would be better than Barack Obama, I simply believe, otherwise I wouldn't be running that I am the better candidate and I am simply trying to point that out and addressing that in the race I am the more conservative candidate and one that the party faithful should flock to and nominate.

January 17: South Carolina
-Rally in Mount Pleasant, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint
-Rally in Irmo, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint
-Town Hall in Hilton Head Island, SC
-Phone Bank in Hilton Head Island, SC
-Door Knocking in Hilton Head Island, SC
-Rally in Goose Creek, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint

January 18: South Carolina
-Town Hall in Anderson, SC
-Town Hall in Florence, SC
-Town Hall in Columbia, SC
-Phone Bank at Columbia HQ
-Meet and Greet at Harper's Restaurant Columbia, SC
-Appearance on On The Record from Columbia, SC

January 19: South Carolina
-Appearance on Good Morning America from Columbia, SC
-Appearance on The Today Show from Columbia, SC
-Appearance on The Daily Rundown from Columbia, SC
-Rally in Columbia, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint and Chuck Norris
-Rally in Rock Hill, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint and Chuck Norris
-Rally in Walterboro, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint and Chuck Norris

Huckabee Thumbs up for South Carolina
"We're going to win."

January 20: South Carolina
-Barnstorming South Carolina with Sen. Jim DeMint and Chuck Norris
-Phone Banking at Columbia HQ
-Door Knocking in Columbia, SC
-Door Knocking in Georgetown, SC
-Door Knocking in Charleston, SC
-Phone Bank at Charleston Office
-Rally in Charleston, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint and Chuck Norris
-Meet and Greet at Five Guys, Charleston, SC with Chuck Norris
-Final Rally at Fort Sumter, with Sen. DeMint, Sen. Talent, Rep. King and Chuck Norris.

January 21: South Carolina Primary
-GOTV Effort
-Appearance on Good Morning America from Charleston, SC
-Appearance on Fox News from Charleston, SC
-Appearance on MSNBC from Charleston, SC
-Appearance on CNN from Charleston, SC
-Phone Calls from Charleston, SC office
-Phone Calls from Columbia HQ
-Watch Results from Columbia Marriott
-Victory Party at the Columbia Marriott

Final Huckabee South Carolina Ad: The Plan

"I'm Mike Huckabee and I approve this message."
"Four Years ago we elected a President based on smooth rhetoric and empty promises. I'm running for President and unlike our current leader I have a plan and it's four steps.

1. Reform The Tax Code by implementing a Flat Tax
2. Repeal and Replace Obamacare with market based solution and let people choose.
3. Cap Federal Spending at 19% of GPD
4. Balance the Budget by the end of 1st Term

"I have a prove record of success as Governor of Arkansas and unlike the President I'll make good on promises as President."

VOTE FOR MIKE HUCKABEE ON JANUARY 21st
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #367 on: July 03, 2013, 01:52:52 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2013, 12:57:45 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Huntsman Campaign Schedule: January 16th-January 21st.

January 16th, 2012.
10:00 AM: Fundraiser at the Mandaly Bay Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada.
3950 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119

12:00 PM: Lunch and Meet and Greet at Little Caesar’s Pizza in Las Vegas, Nevada.
6623 W Cheyenne Ave, Las Vegas, Nevada 89108 ‎

4:00 PM: Rally with Senator Dean Heller at Mills Park in Carson City Nevada.
1111 E William St, Carson City, NV 89701 ‎

8:00 PM: Rally with Senator Dean Heller at Lowry High School in Winnemucca, Nevada.
5490 Kluncy Canyon Rd, Winnemucca, NV 89445 ‎

January 17th, 2012.
9:00 AM: Rally with Senator Dean Heller at Great Basin College in Elko, Nevada.
1500 College Pkwy, Elko, NV 89801 ‎

12:00 PM: Rally with Senator Dean Heller at Panaca City Hall, in Panaca Nevada.
1050 Main St, Panaca, NV 89042 ‎

5:00 PM: Rally with Senator Dean Heller at the Beatty Club in Beatty, Nevada.
114 W Main, Beatty, NV 89003 ‎

10:00 PM: Flight to Phoenix, Arizona.

January 18th, 2012.
9:00 AM: Rally at Civic Space Park in Phoenix, Arizona.
Arizona State University, 444 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85004 ‎

11:00 AM: Rally at Grady Gammage Memorial Auditorium in Tempe, Arizona.
1200 S Forest Ave, Tempe, AZ 85281 ‎

1:00 PM: Meet and Greet with young voters at Hayden Lawn, Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona.
1151 S Forest Ave, Tempe, AZ 85287

3:00 PM: Townhall at Scottsdale City Hall, in Scottsdale, Arizona.
3939 N Drinkwater Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 ‎

5:00 PM: Rally at Mesa High school, in Mesa Arizona.
1630 E Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85204 ‎

8:45 PM: Flight to Florida.

January 19th, 2012:
9:00 AM: Rally at Springfield Park, Jacksonville Florida.
3rd St, Jacksonville, FL 32206 ‎

10:30 AM: Meet and Greet at McDonalds in Middleburg, Florida.
2485 Blanding Blvd, Middleburg, FL 32068 ‎

12:00 PM: Speech to the Starke Chamber of Commerce in Starke, Florida.
100 E Call St, Starke, FL 32091 ‎

3:00 PM: Rally at RJ Gators Florida Sea Grille in The Villages, Florida.
1015 Lake Shore Dr, Lady Lake, FL 32162 ‎

5:00 PM: Townhall at South Sumter High School in Bushnell, Florida.

7:00 PM: Touring the Tropicana Plant in Bradenton, Florida.
1001 13th Ave E, Bradenton, FL 34208 ‎

January 20th, 2012.
9:00 AM: Meet and Greet at the Port Charlotte Public Library in Port Charlotte, Florida.
2280 Aaron St, Port Charlotte, FL 33952

11:00 AM: Rally at Gilchrist Park, Punta Gorda Florida.
400 W Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda, FL 33950

1:00 PM: Rally at the Riverside Park Bandshell in Bonita Springs, Florida.
10450 Reynolds St, Bonita Springs, FL 34135

4:00 PM: Town hall at River Park Community Center in Naples, Florida.
301 11th St N, Naples, FL 34102 ‎

6:00 PM: Fundraiser at the Marriot in Marco Island, Florida.
400 S Collier Blvd Marco Island, FL 34145

January 21st, 2012.
7:00 AM: Touring Miami-Homestead Speedway in Homestead, Florida.
1 Speedway Blvd Homestead, FL 33035

10:00 AM: Meet and Greet with students at the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida.
1301 Memorial Dr #215 Coral Gables, FL 33146

12:00 PM: Rally at Bicentennial Park in Miami, Florida.
Miami, FL 33130

3:30 PM: Townhall at the Elks Lodge in Vero Beach, Florida.
1350 26th St, Vero Beach, FL 32960 ‎
 ‎
6:00 PM: Addressing a Tea Party rally at Lake Eola Park in Orlando, Florida.
Orlando, FL 32801 ‎

Huntsman campaign ad: “Choices”.
Voiceover: When you go to vote, you make a choice.
(Video of Mitch Daniels and George Bush airs)
Voiceover: Do you want President Bush’s budget director as our nominee?
(Video of Mike Huckabee airs)
Voiceover: Mike Huckabee is not much better. Judicial Watch ranked him one of the ten most corrupt politicians in America.
(Video of Jon Huntsman)
Voiceover: Jon Huntsman had the best job creation record in the country. He reformed entitlements and left office with sky high approval ratings. He has served as a CEO and as a diplomat. When you go to vote, vote for experience. Vote for the conservative choice! Make the right (pun intended) decision and vote for Jon Huntsman.
Huntsman: I am Jon Huntsman and I approve this message.

(Ad airing in the highlighted states)
Huntsman speech in Orlando, Florida.
“If the state of Florida is known for anything besides sunshine and oranges, its being the new bell weather state. Since 1996, Florida has been picking oranges and presidents! It is crucial that we nominate a conservative candidate who can appeal to all sectors of American life. We have pro life candidates in this race; one candidate has gone out of his way to appear to be the only pro-life candidate in the race. Yet National Right to Life compared our records on life as governors, and found I had the stronger record. One candidate talks about the economy and spending, yet he was part of the administration that chiseled away at our surplus. One candidate, who is perhaps one of the most moderate members of the Republican Senate caucus, called me out as the most moderate candidate. We need a candidate who talks the talk and walks the walk, and I am the only candidate who fits that requirement.”
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #368 on: July 03, 2013, 01:56:07 PM »

Kelly Ayotte Campaign Schedule January 16th-21st Part 2

Announcements, Messages and Other Things:

1.- Surrogates:

• Rick Santorum

Monday Jan 16th

Rick Santorum
    Meeting with voters at YesterYears Restaurant
    YesterYears Restaurant, 140 S Palmer St., Ridgeway, S.C.

7:00 PM   
    Rick Santorum
    Holding a rally
    Historic Springdale House & Gardens, 3150 Platt Springs Road, Columbia, S.C.

11:00 PM   
    Rick Santorum
    Appearing on Fox News's 'Hannity'

Tuesday Jan 17th
    9:00 AM   
    Rick Santorum
    Hosting town hall meeting on USS Yorktown
    USS Yorktown, Charleston, S.C.
    2012-01-17 at 9:00

11:30 AM   
    Rick Santorum
    Speaking to the Aiken Republican Club
    Newberry Hall, 117 Newberry St., Aiken, S.C.
    2012-01-17 at 11:30

Rick Santorum
    Appearing on 'America Live with Megyn Kelly'
    2012-01-17 at 1:00

Rick Santorum
    Hosting town hall meeting at Flight Deck
    The Flight Deck, 109A Old Chapin Road, Lexington, S.C.
    2012-01-17 at 2:00

8:00 PM   
    Rick Santorum
    Hosting rally at Fuddruckers
    100 Destination Blvd., Anderson, S.C.

Wednesday Jan 18th

7:15 AM   
    Rick Santorum
    Appearing on 'FOX & Friends'
    2012-01-18 at 7:15

10:45 AM   
    Rick Santorum
    Hosting town hall meeting at Beacon Drive-In
    The Beacon Drive-In, 255 John B White, Sr. Blvd., Spartanburg, S.C.
    2012-01-18 at 10:45

Rick Santorum
    Hosting town hall meeting at Capitol Theatre
    Capitol Theatre, 104 South Public Square, Laurens, S.C.
    2012-01-18 at 12:45

5:00 PM   
    Rick Santorum
    Summit Point Conference Center, 805 Spartan Blvd., Spartanburg, S.C.
    2012-01-18 at 5:00

Thursday Jan 19th

12:00 PM   
    Rick Santorum
    Holding a rally at Westin Hilton Head
    Westin Hilton Head, 2 Grasslawn Ave.,Hilton Head, S.C.

3:00 PM   
    Rick Santorum
    Hosting a town hall meeting
    Beaufort Yacht & Sailing Club, 30 Yacht Drive, Beaufort, S.C.

7:00 PM   
    Rick Santorum
    Hosting a town hall meeting
    The Daniel Island School, Multi-Purpose Room 2365, Daniel Island Drive, Charleston, S.C.

10:30 PM   
    Sarah Palin
    John McCain
    Kelly Ayotte
    Rick Santorum
    Going on 'On The Record with Greta Van Susteren'

Friday Jan 20th

11:00 AM   
    Rick Santorum
    4952 Sunset Blvd., Lexington, S.C.
    2012-01-20 at 11:00

1:45 PM   
    Rick Santorum
    Hosting town hall meeting at Captain Steve's
    1975 Highway 21 Bypass, Fort Mill, S.C.
    2012-01-20 at 1:45

4:30 PM   
    Rick Santorum
    Hosting town hall meeting at Clock Restaurant
    3597 Boiling Springs Road, Boiling Springs, S.C.
    2012-01-20 at 4:30

7:15 PM   
    Rick Santorum
    Speaking at the Citadel Patriot Dinner
    The Citadel, Charleston, S.C.
    2012-01-20 at 7:15

9:00 PM   
    Rick Santorum
    Appearing on CNN's 'Piers Morgan Tonight'

Saturday Jan 21st

Rick Santorum
    Visiting Greenville-Mission Polling Station with Kelly Ayotte
    1115 Pelham Road, Greenville, S.C.
    2012-01-21 at 12:45

2:30 PM   
    Rick Santorum
    Visiting Amicks Ferry Polling Station with Kelly Ayotte
    960 Amicks Ferry Road, Chapin, S.C.
    2012-01-21 at 2:30

6:30 PM   
    Rick Santorum
    Kelly Ayotte
    John McCain
    Sarah Palin
    Hosting a primary night party at The Citadel
    The Citadel, Buyer Hall, Mark Clark Hall, 2nd Floor, The Avenue of Remembrance, Charleston, S.C.
  • Sarah Palin, John McCain
    Campaigning in Florida with Each other.
  • Frank Guinta, Pam Bond
    With me.

2.-Ads
Ad Showing in MA, VT, FL, NV, ME, and SC

Kelly from her Debate
I'm Kelly Ayotte and I approve this Message.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #369 on: July 03, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2013, 06:52:42 PM by JerryArkansas »

Right now here is a polling map with delegate numbers.  I am guessing on the Delegates and just giving them out with winner take all.

All polls are out on the thread, and I just wanted us to see how it looks right now.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #370 on: July 03, 2013, 08:18:10 PM »

Hutchison Surrogate Schedules Pt. 1
January 16th-January 21st, 2012

John Kyl

16th- Speech in Columbia with John Thune on the Economy
17th- Meet Young Republicans in Charleston, discuss Hutchinson Candidacy
18th- Appearance for Kay on CNN Newsroom
19th- Rally in Myrtle Beach with undecided voters
20th- Fundraisers in Columbia
21st- Meet with voters, appear alongside Hutchison following results

John Thune

16th- Speech in Columbia with John Kyl on the Economy
17th- Local TV Interviews
18th- Meet and Greet with Jeb Bush in Columbia
19th- Rally with Lindsey Graham and gunowners
20th- Appearance on Hannity

Jeb Bush

16th- Speech in Charleston to unemployed workers
17th- Rally with students in Columbia
18th- Meet and Greet with John Thune in Columbia
19th- Speech with Susana Martinez to seniors
20th- Appearance on NBC Nightly News

Susana Martinez

16th- Appearance on "The Rachael Show"
17th- Meet with local Republican officials in Myrtle Beach
18th- Fundraisers in Myrtle Beach
19th- Speech with Jeb Bush to seniors
20th- Rally in Greenville with undecided voters

Lindsey Graham

16th- Meet with undecided voters, discuss economy
17th- Speech to campaign volunteers in Columbia
18th- Canvassing for Hutchison in North Charleston
19th- Local TV Interviews and Appearances
20th- Speech to undecided voters on foreign policy

Tim Scott

16th- Speech to Black Republicans
17th- Meet with Small business owners in Columbia
18th- Appearance on local TV and Radio Stations
19th- Rally in Charleston with unemployed workers
20th- Speech to campaign volunteers in Myrtle Beach

Olympia Snowe

16th- Meet with Students in Columbia
17th- Rally with Republican Women in Charleston
18th- Rally with undecided voters in Charleston
19th- Appearance on "The View"
20th- Film interview for ABC News

Chris Christie

16th- Speech to Seniors in Greenville
17th- Rally with undecided voters in Columbia
18th- Meet and Greet in Columbia
19th- Appearance on Erin Burnett Out Front
20th- Meet with campaign volunteers in North Charleston

John Cornyn

16th- Meet with local Republican leaders in Greenville
17th- Appearance on local TV Stations for Hutchison
18th- Rally in Columbia with young voters
19th- Fundraiser in North Charleston
20th- Rally with undecided voters in North Charleston
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #371 on: July 03, 2013, 09:25:05 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2013, 09:42:12 PM by Emperor SJoyce »

OOC: Gonna be gone for three weeks with little to no internet access. I have, of course, allowed myself an opening to return, in a manner.

Buddy Roemer Withdraws

Well, we've done good. But after a wonderful campaign, I don't see any route forward to winning the nomination. I want to thank my family - my wife, my children, my sisters and brothers, as well as my campaign manager, Carlos Sierra, and all the others on Team Roemer - you know who you are, and that includes the thousands of volunteers, who gave up your time and energy to help push this campaign forward.

And I'm proud of what we did. We fully disclosed every donation, none above $100, none from any PACs, Super PACs, corporations, or lobbyists. Over our admittedly brief run, we've beaten the top two winners in South Carolina, as well as Congressman Paul and Governor Huckabee. We took on no debt, and we ended this campaign with a surplus, thanks to the donations, on average less than $50, from Republicans, Democrats, and Independents, from all 50 states. We're still polling at 5% nationally.

This nation is at risk. Job prospects are inadequate, our trade isn't smart or fair, our tax code is unreadable; our budget, unsustainable; our healthcare, unhealthy. We have no energy strategy, no small business strategy, our banks are too big to fail, and our immigration system is still broken. We must take the battle to the special interests who don't want change from the status quo, and are spending billions to keep it their way, who have the incumbents bought, who are trading favors and information and jobs for amendments, legislation, and earmarks. They own the politicians and the parties, and it's wrong.

We've seen people - what people? Not the 98% who don't give to these campaign. Wall Street, the corporations, the labor unions, Big Oil, Big Defense, Super PACs, lobbyists, not average Americans - they're the ones who invented too big to fail, who killed Glass-Steagall, who created these insurance monopolies, these profit protections, these contracts, these earmarks, these $675 hammers for the military, paying no income taxes and getting subsidies - that's got to change. That's what's causing this gridlock, this corruption, and this do-nothing Washington. Campaign finance reform is necessary to break from our addiction to special interest money.

And that's what I plan to do. Now that I am no longer a candidate, I can spend my time enacting reform, lobbying for the American people rather than corporate clients. We will highlight this corruption, find solutions, build coalitions, and fix this mess. It won't be easy. A fight against powerful entrenched enemies is never an easy one. But we must win. It'll take a team effort, and it'll require setting aside our differences on other issues to achieve real reform: contribution reform, reapportionment reform, and term-limit reform. This can't be and isn't a 'me' effort. It must be a 'we' effort. This'll take people from both political parties: both of which have members addicted to special interest money, joined at the billfold, who don't want reform. But both parties have people who are willing to work together to change that.

Join us. Don't be afraid. We'll put together a new organization, using the power of the people and new media to achieve our goals, and we'll work with others to build this team of reform, re-energizing our republic.

Thank you for standing with me. And, if I can ask you one final thing: don't give up. Don't lose hope. Together, we will continue to reform our country, and make America great again. Although this campaign is ending… we are just getting started.

Campaign Postscript

Governor Roemer will be issuing his endorsement in the Republican primaries at a later date, probably in mid-March.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #372 on: July 03, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »

DeMint/Norris Campaign Schedule: South Carolina

Sen. DeMint:
Jan. 16: South Carolina
-Appearance on Good Morning America from Columbia, SC
-Rally in Charleston, SC
-Rally in Port Royal, SC
-Appearance on The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell from Columbia, SC

Jan. 17: South Carolina/Florida
-Appearance on The Daily Run from Greenville, SC
-Rally in Greenville, SC
-Rally in Anderson, SC
-Fundraiser in Tampa, FL with Gov. Scott

Jan. 18: South Carolina
-Fundraiser in Columbia, SC
-Rally in Myrtle Beach, SC
-Appearance on Hardball from Myrtle Beach, SC 

Jan. 19: South Carolina
-Barnstorming South Carolina with Gov. Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Appearance on On The Record from Greenville, SC

Jan. 20: South Carolina
-Barnstorming South Carolina with Gov. Huckabee and Chuck Norris
-Interview with WLTX

Jan. 21: South Carolina
-GOTV Effort in South Carolina
-Interview with WZRB
-Interview with WYFF
-Victory Party in Columbia, SC

Chuck Norris:

Jan. 16: South Carolina
-Barnstorming with Gov. Huckabee

Jan. 17: South Carolina
-Barnstorming South Carolina

Jan. 18: South Carolina
-Barnstorming South Carolina
-Fundraiser in Columbia, SC

Jan. 19: South Carolina
Barnstorming with Gov. Huckabee and Sen. DeMint

Jan. 20: South Carolina
-Barnstorming with Gov. Huckabee and Sen. DeMint

Jan. 21: South Carolina
-GOTV Effort
-Victory Party in Columbia, SC
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #373 on: July 03, 2013, 09:37:55 PM »

Ayotte Campaign Statement on Buddy Roemer Withdraw
The Senator would like to thank Governor Roemer on his run for the white house.  He brought light to a important issue which should be dealt with, and will be under a Ayotte white house.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #374 on: July 03, 2013, 09:40:11 PM »

Huckabee Campaign Statement:
"We will miss Gov. Roemer's presence in the Republican Primary. He brought to light important issues, such as campaign finance reform that as President Governor Huckabee will look to champion. We wish him well and thank him for a hard fought contest and for infusing new ideas into the Republican Party."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies