2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 02:08:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 81600 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2013, 11:18:34 PM »

ok, screw it, lets see it tonight.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #251 on: June 19, 2013, 11:31:43 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2013, 11:59:00 PM by Jayhawker »

Iowa: 3% Reporting
Mike Huckabee: 25%
Ron Paul: 24%
Mitch Daniels: 22%
Kay Bailey Hutchison: 17%
Jon Huntsman: 5%
Buddy Roemer: 4%
Kelly Ayotte: 2%

Well folks, the results are starting to trickle in - thanks to a few precincts in southeast Iowa, the region Paul is expected to perform strongest in, Ron Paul shot out to an early lead, and is now essentially tied with Huckabee. Mike Huckabee is performing strongly in the northwest part of the state, just like 2008, while Daniels is performing better out east, similar to Romney's 2008 strengths, though his numbers appear to be stronger.

What can we discern from the early results? This is going to be a long night - no candidate is going to surprise everyone and win by a large margin.

Iowa: 10% Reporting
Ron Paul: 24%
Mike Huckabee: 24%
Mitch Daniels: 21%
Kay Bailey Hutchison: 19%
Jon Huntsman: 5%
Buddy Roemer: 4%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2013, 12:01:49 AM »

Iowa: 27% Reporting
Ron Paul: 22%
Mitch Daniels: 22%
Kay Bailey Hutchison: 18%
Buddy Roemer: 5%
Jon Huntsman: 4%

We are now ready to project that Kelly Ayotte will finish last in the Iowa Caucus.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #253 on: June 20, 2013, 12:21:10 AM »

Iowa: 44% Reporting
Mitch Daniels: 24%
Mike Huckabee: 24% (Trails by 44 votes)
Ron Paul: 20%
Buddy Roemer: 6%
Jon Huntsman: 3%

We are now ready to project that Buddy Roemer will finish 5th in Iowa, with Jon Huntsman finishing 3rd. Though a small one, Roemer can claim victory tonight, as he headed into tonight in last place. A decent showing in Iowa could show New Hampshire voters that his campaign may be more serious than the pundits are claiming.

Iowa: 56% Reporting
Mitch Daniels: 25%
Mike Huckabee: 23% (Trails by 44 votes)
Ron Paul: 19%
Buddy Roemer: 6%

While the order is still TBD, we are ready to project that despite strong polling numbers (With Iowa State University actually having her in the lead), Kay Bailey Hutchison will not win the Iowa Caucus, and we can project that her and Ron Paul will finish third and fourth, though it remains to be seen which slot each will get.

With that, the race is effectively down to Mike Huckabee and Mitch Daniels.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2013, 12:27:38 AM »

Iowa: 71% Reporting
Mitch Daniels: 23% (Trails Huckabee by 186 Votes)
Kay Bailey Hutchison: 20%
Ron Paul: 20% (Trails Hutchison by 12 Votes)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #255 on: June 20, 2013, 12:45:22 AM »

Iowa: 80% Reporting
Mitch Daniels: 24%
Kay Bailey Hutchison: 21%

We are now ready to project that Kay Bailey Hutchison will finish third and Ron Paul will finish fourth. Ron Paul is probably the biggest surprise of the night - polling had him in the mid-teens beforehand, yet he led for part of the night and is currently hovering around 20%. Despite a stronger than expected performance, barring a miracle in New Hampshire, tonight's fourth-place finish likely means the end of the Ron Paul campaign, or at least puts the campaign at almost no chance of winning. While the Hutchison camp is certainly disappointed at finishing third and not vying for the victory at this juncture, they should remain grateful that they were able to avoid falling to fourth, and pray that their momentum in South Carolina continues. Few expected Hutchison to win tonight, so a loss shouldn't affect her standing.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #256 on: June 20, 2013, 02:02:12 AM »

Iowa: 94% Reporting
Mitch Daniels: 25%
Kay Bailey Hutchison: 20%
Jon Huntsman: 3%

...30 minutes later...

Iowa: 98% Reporting
Mitch Daniels: 25.3%
Mike Huckabee: 25.2%
Kay Bailey Hutchison: 20.9%
Ron Paul: 18.9%
Buddy Roemer: 4.2%
Jon Huntsman: 3.4%
Kelly Ayotte: 2.1%

Currently, Mitch Daniels leads Mike Huckabee by 88 votes, with just a few precincts left to report. There have been reported voting machine issues in Crawford County - looking at where votes are outstanding, Mike Huckabee appears to have the slight edge on those precincts, should he perform as expected. But will it be enough to overcome Mitch Daniels lead?

And with a few more precincts trickling in, here are our updated totals, with just a few precincts remaining...

Iowa: 99% Reporting
Mitch Daniels: 25.2% (Leads by 65 votes)
Kay Bailey Hutchison: 21.0%
Ron Paul: 18.9%

Four precincts have yet to report in Crawford County, and it has been announced that they will not be releasing their results until tomorrow morning. Currently tallies have Mike Huckabee narrowly leading there. Additionally, one precinct has yet to report in Sioux County. Unlike Crawford, Huckabee currently leads by a 40-20-19 margin there, with Daniels narrowly trailing Hutchison.

Will Daniels hold on to his slim lead, or can Governor Huckabee eek out an upset? How will Iowa affect the race? Will anyone drop out? Results to be announced tomorrow!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #257 on: June 20, 2013, 12:13:24 PM »

And finally, at 1:03 PM, we have received the final precinct numbers from Crawford County...

Iowa: 100% Reporting
Mitch Daniels: 25.2% (+41 votes)
Kay Bailey Hutchison: 20.9%
Ron Paul: 19.0%

We are now ready to project that Indiana Governor and former Bush OMB Director Mitch Daniels has won the Iowa Caucus by a very narrow margin over former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee!

Projected Winner

This race came down to the wire, and some consider it an upset, as Huckabee had spent more time in Iowa and had won in 2008. However, a good ground game by Governor Daniels, plus strong turnout in the larger cities, helped him just narrowly defeat Governor Huckabee.

What will happen next? Stay tuned: The next update, which is when the next turn will begin, will be in a few hours - in the meantime, candidates are welcome to post concession/victory/withdrawal/etc speeches. Smiley

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2013, 12:15:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sidenote: Please remember that every little thing your campaign does, as small as it may seem, will help.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2013, 12:43:38 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2013, 12:45:34 PM by Emperor SJoyce »

Quasi-victory speech

Well, friends, we've done it. Virtually unknown, trailing a bit behind margin of error in the polls, gone from last to… not quite first, but we've jumped past two candidates from where the pundits and polls said we were. We showed em tonight - the talking heads have been saying that "Roemer's got no shot, no way he wins, no lobbyist money? No PAC money? Only taking money from ordinary folks?" Well I think they've been decisively disproven today. This is a serious campaign with a serious chance of winning - the other candidates can outraise me massively, but tonight we showed them that no matter how much money we raise, the common man can still have a say! We're going to go on to New Hampshire - we got some practice in for New Hampshire here, beating both candidates who lead in the polls there! [Applause] And after that, we're going to go on to South Carolina, on to Nevada, on to Tampa, and then we're going to go all the way to take back Washington!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2013, 04:20:50 PM »

Victory Speech

"We did it, Iowa! What a night! What a wonderful night! (Applause) Our message of compromise, of efficiency, of conservative values and fiscal responsibility has won tonight, and despite the fact that it was a close one, it is a true victory for you and for me. We started in October as one of many options, and consistently behind Gov. Romney and Gov. Huckabee in the polls. During these months of campaigning across the country, our campaign has been both the underdog and the frontrunner, and I won't forget the lessons I have learned so far. I feel I must congratulate Sen. Hutchinson, Rep. Paul and Gov. Roemer on their strong showings, since it has been an honor to share the campaign trail with them. Now, speaking about Gov. Huckabee... (Laughs) No, seriously, my most sincere congratulations on his showing tonight. Many people wonder why he, considering the polls favored him, and I take tonight's victory as proof that the voters grew tired of his attacks, and his supposed claims that he was the only one articulating the message that the voters wanted.

But this night is not for speaking about Gov. Huckabee, this night is about the victory of our own message! A message that you, Iowa, have so eloquently sent to President Obama. And this message is quite simple: Yes, we want to end our economic woes, yes, we wish an end to America's current weakness, yes, we want to change the course, yes, we want a better country, and yes, a loud yes, we can do these things! Four years of Obama are more than enough, and the time to recover our nation begins now! For that same reason, I really don't know how to express how grateful I am to all of you. (Applause) To my dear wife and family: for their support. To the many members of my campaign: for their continued and hard work. To my endorsers: For campaigning with me without a second thought. And specially, to the voters: For receiving, accepting and sending our message to this country!

And here we go! Here we go, to strong showings in New Hampshire and South Carolina, to victories in several of the early states, to a grand triumph in Super Tuesday, to the convention, the nomination, and finally, to the White House! This is not the time to stay silent, this is the time to speak, to discuss, to debate, to get out and vote, so we can achieve the things we want for this country! I will not forget what you have done for me Iowa, nobody will! And now it's time to go back to the campaign trail! (Applause, Daniels hugs his family and his endorsers and staffers begin the real victory party)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2013, 04:53:17 PM »

Thank you. Thank you for the warm and wonderful introduction. Well, I'd say tonight we had quite a showing, not quite where we wanted, but to be forty one votes shy, not bad at all. [Applause] I want to first acknowledge Governor Daniels on his victory tonight. [Applause] He certainly worked hard and I cannot deny it. I congratulate him and his supporters on their victory tonight. They've earned our praise and respect.

I am so thankful and will be forever grateful for all the support I received in this campaign and from our staff and supporters here in Iowa. To Representative King, thank you and to Chuck Norris, thank you my friend. [Cheers] You poured your hearts and souls into the campaign here and while we were not able to win here tonight, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. The effort Iowa this year has surpassed our front from four years ago. We came close to victory tonight, but fell a little short. All of you are devoted to this cause because you believe, you believe that this country can do better and frankly must better. [Cheers]

Now the question remains where do we go from here? [Keep Fighting! Don't Stop!] Yes, yes. Well I appreciate the enthusiasm in this room and it is very encouraging and certainly inspiring, because it is not only here in Iowa, but South Carolina and Florida and all across this country. Across this land there are millions of people who see things as you do and believe as you do and want America a certain way, to be that great shining city on a hill.

There are many more contests down the line, one caucus victory does not a nominee make. So this campaign will go on from here. [Applause/Cheers] I'm going to keep talking, I'm going to keep pushing our message and making our case to be the nominee of the Republican Party and the next President of the United States. [Applause] God Bless you and God Bless the United States of America.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #262 on: June 21, 2013, 01:43:28 AM »

January 4th - 8th starts now!!!

The New York Times

Polling Update

NATIONAL

Daniels: 32%
Hutchison: 23%
Huckabee: 17%
Huntsman: 9%
Paul: 6%
Ayotte: 6%
Roemer: 3%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 4%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Ayotte: 22%
Huntsman: 20%
Daniels: 17%
Hutchison: 17%
Roemer: 10%
Huckabee: 5%
Paul: 3%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 5%

SOUTH CAROLINA

Hutchison: 25%
Daniels: 23%
Huckabee: 22%
Huntsman: 10%
Ayotte: 5%
Paul: 4%
Roemer: 2%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 9%

Daniels Wins Iowa!

Mitch Daniels can brief a sigh of relief - his campaign will not suffer a result similar to Giuliani's in 2008. Polls have him up nationally, but he shouldn't feel too comfortable - polls have him down in New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Florida, so he still has his work cut out for him, as do the rest of the candidates.

Will try and get someone to moderate a mini-debate THIS turn! Details forthcoming. Smiley

This turn will be open 48 hours, potentially longer with the debate.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #263 on: June 21, 2013, 11:09:46 AM »

Jesse Ventura Campaign Schedule: January 4 - January 8

January 4
-Rally in Gary, IN
-Rally in Bloomington, IN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Evansville, IN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Fort Wayne, IN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Indianapolis, IN

Great to be here in Indianapolis again. I see I have a lot of enthusiastic fans here. Well, apparently I'm on the home turf of a certain governor running for president, who did rather well in Iowa last night. Fantastic. What are his solutions, though? They don't seem much different than what we got from George Bush, and in fact, he even worked in his cabinet, so there ya go. Here's where I'm different from all of those Republicans running right now: I'm serious about cutting spending and shrinking government. I realize that not only do we have to do something about our massive entitlement programs, but we also must tackle defense spending, which has increasingly gone up as well and has resulted in such futile efforts like the War on Terror. Every time a Republican comes into office, they talk about scrapping the useless and distracting regulations, which I agree with, though have they ever enacted upon those promises in Washington? My record as governor shows that I'm serious about these issues. I was able to cut income and property taxes while still turning our state deficit into a surplus, and I gave that surplus money back to the people as it should belong, which was later coined as "Jesse Checks." If you put me in the White House, I'll act with the same rigorousness to really change the status quo.

January 5
-Rally in Muncie, IN
-Rally in Hammond, IN
-Rally in Elkhart, IN
-Rally in Anderson, IN
-Appearance on The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell

January 6
-Rally in Irving, TX
-Rally in Amarillo, TX
-Rally in Grand Prairie, TX
-Rally and Fundraiser in Austin, TX
-Appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher

Listen, Bill, even liberals should be disappointed in this president. Obama said he'd close Guantanamo Bay--has he done that? He said he'd end the wars, but we still have 50,000 "peacekeeping troops" in Iraq, we had a troop surge in Afghanistan, and we've greatly expanded our drone warfare in places like Pakistan and Yemen. He wanted to get rid of the PATRIOT Act and other similar wiretapping legislation, but he renewed that bill! Remind me again how he's any different than Bush on this stuff. In fact, I would wage that he's gone even worse than him at this point. I'm the only guy who's stayed consistent on these issues, and they'll be my first priorities going into office.

January 7
-Rally in Kenosha, WI
-Rally in Green Bay, WI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Madison, WI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Milwaukee, WI

January 8
-Town Hall in Anaconda, MT
-Town Hall in Whitefish, MT
-Town Hall in Laurel, MT
-Rally and Fundraiser in Billings, MT

TV Ad

Hi, I'm Governor Jesse Ventura. We've seen how big money can influence our politicians, with so many of them placing their donors above their own constituents. The problem has only gotten worse since the Citizens United ruling from the Supreme Court, where it was decided that corporations have the same rights as people and that money is free speech. This has opened Pandora's Box for incessant lobbying and corruption abound. While the two parties may be in delight and have used this for their advantage, I'm different. As governor, I never met with a lobbyist and never will. I don't accept lobbyist or PAC money, only money from the people, because this is what this campaign is about: the people. Join me, and together we'll make a change. I'm Jesse Ventura, and I approve this message.

Also to be aired as a radio ad nationwide.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #264 on: June 21, 2013, 12:22:09 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2013, 12:50:13 PM by NHI »

Huckabee Campaign Schedule: January 4-8

Huckabee: Press Conference

Are you Disappointed by the Iowa results and do you consider the loss a major setback for the campaign?

Huckabee: Obviously, it's better to win than lose, but we had a strong showing in the state. A loss by 41 vote is not a crushing defeat, to simply put it Governor Daniels ran a better campaign in the state and we got beat, but it's one and 0 now, so I'm not discouraged and by no means is this a setback for us. We were prepared for a loss in Iowa and are prepared to go for the long haul.

By heading straight to South Carolina are you effectively righting off New Hampshire?

Huckabee: I never write off any state and expect to be in New Hampshire in a couple days. However, I'm not foolish. Senator Ayotte is the senator from that state so I'd be surprised to see her not win that state.

What is your campaign's plan going forward?

Huckabee: To win. [Laughter] Though, in all seriousness, to keep making the case that I'll be the strongest nominee against Barack Obama and that I'll actually do something if elected.

DeMint Campaigns For Huckabee: I believe in Huckabee
A close one in Iowa, but I'm not discouraged. Iowa has a fluke record each year it seems, with one candidate winning it and then fading from view very quickly. South Carolina is the real test for the Republican Nomination. Since 1980, no candidate has won the nomination without winning South Carolina. So we're going to work our hearts out! Not, not to have a strong showing in South Carolina, but to win South Carolina for Governor Huckabee, so he can build the momentum to win the nomination and defeat Barack Obama in November. I believe in conservatism. I believe we don't have to settle. I believe we don't have forgo our principles. I believe in Mike Huckabee!"

Jan. 4: South Carolina
-Press Conference in Columbia, SC
-Rally in Columbia, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint
-Rally in Florence, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint
-Town Hall in Charleston, SC
-Town Hall in Greenville, SC
-Town Hall in Greenwood, SC
-Appearance on Hannity from Greenwood, SC

Jan. 5: South Carolina
-Town Hall in Georgetown, SC
-Town Hall in Walterboro, SC
-Town Hall in Port Royal, SC
-Phone Bank at Columbia, SC HQ
-Meet and Greet at the Liberty Tap Room in Columbia, SC

Huckabee Campaigns in Florence, SC
"I am prepared to go in for the long haul. This campaign is a marathon, not a sprint and defy anyone who says that this race should be over quickly and decided. Competition is good, competition produces the best and strongest nominee possible. A nominee that will defeat Barack Obama. So I intend to make our case to each voter and win their support and when the time comes in Tampa in August I look forward to accepting the nomination for the party.

Jan. 6: South Carolina
-Rally in Camden, SC with Sen. DeMint
-Town Hall in Newberry, SC
-Town Hall in Anderson, SC
-Meet and Greet at Baron's Steak and Spirits, Myrtle Beach, SC
-Town Hall in Clinton, SC with Sen. DeMint

Huckabee: I believe
"I believe in our campaign! I believe in our supporters. I believe in cause. I believe in the tested principles of conservatism. Now, South Carolina I ask you to believe in me. Believe in me and I promise you that I will not let you down."

Jan. 7: South Carolina
-Pancake Breakfast in Conway, SC
-Town Hall in Lancaster, SC
-Town Hall in Rock Hill, SC
-Town Hall in Oak Grove, SC
-Rally in Summerville, SC with Sen. DeMint and Chuck Norris
-Rally in Folly Beach, SC with Sen. DeMint and Chuck Norris

Jan. 8: New Hampshire
-Rally in Plymouth, NH with Chuck Norris
-Town Hall in Kingston, NH
-Town Hall in Nashua, NH
-Rally in Durham, NH
-Rally in Manchester, NH with Chuck Norris

Huckabee Takes Questions From Voters in Nashua

Huckabee in Manchester, NH
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #265 on: June 21, 2013, 12:47:12 PM »

Huckabee Surrogate Schedule: Jan 4-8 (Chuck Norris)

Norris Blasts Daniels
"I respect Governor Daniels. He comes from a great conservative state, but he is not a conservative and that' okay, but don't try to pretend to be something you're not. [Cheers] You either are or you aren't. You either understand it, or you don't. [Cheers] Mike, gets it. Mike understands it. Mike is the real deal. He is the conservative leader for our time and I cannot wait to see him take office after soundly defeating Barack Obama! [Applause] So Governor Daniels, lookout because Mike Huckabee is coming.

Jan 4: New Hampshire
-Speaking to Sommeworth Republican Committee in Sommersworth, NH
-Speaking to Rockingham County Republicans in Brentwood, NH

Jan 5: Florida
-Rally in Jacksonville, FL with Gov. Scott
-Rally in Orlando, FL with Gov. Scott
-Appearance on The O'Rielly Factor

Jan 6: Florida/New York
-Fundraiser in Tampa, FL with Gov. Scott and Sen. DeMint
-Fundraiser in NYC

Jan 7: South Carolina
-Barnstorming South Carolina with Gov. Huckabee and Sen. DeMint

Jan. 8: New Hampshire
-Barnstorming New Hampshire with Gov. Huckabee

Huckabee Surrogate Schedule: Jan. 4-8 (Sen. Jim DeMint)

DeMint Campaigns in SC
"I believe in Mike. I believe in what he stands for and what he'll do as President. I need you South Carolina to believe with me. To believe in this great and honorable man and help elect him the nominee of our party and the next President of the United States!"

Jan. 4: South Carolina
-Barnstorming South Carolina with Gov. Huckabee
-Appearance on The O'Reilly Factor

Jan 5: South Carolina
-Barnstorming South Carolina for Gov. Huckabee

Jan 6: South Carolina/Florida
-Rally with Gov. Huckabee in Camden, SC
-Rally in Tampa, FL with Gov. Scott
-Fundraiser in Tampa, FL with Gov. Scott and Chuck Norris
-Town Hall with Gov. Huckabee in Clinton, SC
-Fundraiser for Gov. Huckabee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Jan 7: South Carolina
-Barnstorming South Carolina with Gov. Huckabee and Chuck Norris

Jan 8: Florida/Arizona/Colorado
-Rally in Miami, FL with Gov. Scott
-Rally in Phoenix, AZ
-Rally in Boulder, CO
-Fundraiser in Denver, Co
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #266 on: June 22, 2013, 01:20:27 AM »

Mitch Daniels Surrogate: Herman Cain Campaign Schedule

"New Hampshire needs someone who will fight all across the nation to beat Obama. Last time I checked, I aint never see Kelly Ayotte leave New Hampshire! Whats her deal! Is she frozen there! I am tired of that kind of campaigning. Mitch Daniels will fight in every state and give conservative solutions to huge problems and point out that Obama has destroyed this country. Kelly Ayotte will stand by and watch Obamacare ravage this great NATION."

January 4-6, 2012:
Rallies in New Hampshire

January 7-8, 2012:
Rallies in South Carolina
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2013, 01:34:20 AM »

Ron Paul Speech in Nevada:
Today I mark the end of my campaign, it has been a good run. (Boos from audience) the Republican Party has lost it's way, and I fear that there is no turning back. But there is a voice of liberty! There is a man who is ready to take up the Revolution! I ask you to support Jesse Ventura, the independent! He has stood for liberty and freedom! He has my vote! End the two-party system that is destroying this country! Vote Jesse Ventura! (Cheers)
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #268 on: June 22, 2013, 02:55:43 AM »
« Edited: June 22, 2013, 03:30:55 AM by Spiral »

Statement from Governor Ventura

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #269 on: June 22, 2013, 11:16:54 AM »

OOC: Great news for Ventura, seems like he is going to make Nader in 2000 look like a major failure. Still, I have the feeling that we are going to need another third party challenger to even things out.

Mitch Daniels's Schedule: January 4 to January 8, 2012:

Giuliani No More: (Or: Damn, that was close!)

January 4st:

Bus Tour in Concord, NH, with Condi Rice.
Bus Tour in Derry, NH, with Condi Rice.
Bus Tour in Nashua, NH, with Condi Rice.
Rally in Concord, NH, with Condi Rice.

January 5st:

Town Hall in Exeter, NH, with Rob Portman.
Rally in Durham, NH, with Rob Portman.
Town Hall in Windham, NH, with Rob Portman.
Rally in Hampton, NH, with Rob Portman.

January 6st:

Barnstorm in Nashua, NH, with Dick Lugar.
Barnstorm in Rochester, NH, with Dick Lugar.
Barnstorm in Salem, NH, with Dick Lugar.
Rally in Nashua, NH, with Dick Lugar.

"I have the feeling that many of you here have a certain idea of myself. Perhaps you might have heard my comments about the "truce", perhaps you might have seen me answering to the attacks, and perhaps you might even have seen me in a debate or two. (Laughter) I know many people call me weak, or "moderate", or sometimes a wimp. But the reason behind all of that is that I am not a divisive as most of them. Let's face it, I'm not angry about everything everyday. Can you imagine how dangerous would that be?"

January 7st:

Rally in Manchester, NH, with John Sununu (both of them).
Barnstorm in Manchester, NH, with John Sununu (both of them).
Fundraiser in Manchester, NH, with John Sununu (both of them).

January 8st:

Rest during the morning.
Barnstorm Manchester, including visits to stores, streets and holding small conversations with groups of voters when possible.
Final NH Rally with Rob Portman, Condi Rice and the Sununu Family.
Party in NH Campaign HQ.
Speech on the NH results. (To come later)

Announcements, Messages and Other Things: (OOC: I must admit, having a schedule for surrogates is a wonderful idea. My apologies, but I'll be making my own version of it.)

1.- Final New Hampshire Rally:

"New Hampshire! We are coming from a great night in Iowa, and I really expect that you will give another good night! Perhaps we might not beat Senator Ayotte and Gov. Huntsman for the first place, but I want you to show that our campaign is strong and competitive. Sadly, I couldn't spend as much time in this wonderful state as I would have liked, but I'm confident that you will prove the idea that the man who goes to a state the biggest amount of times is the man who wins. The ideas are what counts! And I think our ideas are exactly what America needs! Get out and vote, New Hampshire, get out and give this campaign a great night!"

2.- Press Conference in January 4th:

Reporter N°1: Any words on the current state of the race, Governor?
Daniels: To be honest, I couldn't be more satisfied. The Iowa victory gave our campaign a great boost, and while the polls don't show us winning NH or SC, neither did the Iowa polls. Thus, I want to have a very strong showing in New Hampshire, so I can achieve victory in South Carolina and put some of this campaign's myths to rest.
Reporter N°2: And what about Congressman Paul?
Daniels: It's quite sad to see him leave the race and endorse a candidate outside the party, but that's his choice and it okay.
Reporter N°3: Don't you think this will hurt the GOP in November?
Daniels: Perhaps. But I like to think that Governor Ventura is not a vehicle for disaffected GOP voters. I'd say he's trying to reach out to voters that both parties could have neglected, and there's just no way of knowing what will happen from now on to November.

3.- Surrogates:

-Herman Cain: (Schedule released)

-Condi Rice, the Sununu Family, Dick Lugar and Rob Portman: (Campaining with me in NH)

-Rick Perry and John Kasich:
Holding rallies in Columbia, Charleston, Greenville and Summerville from January 5 to 8.

4.- New Ad: "Values"Sad (To be played in South Carolina)

Voice Over: With the approaching South Carolina Primary, voters will want a choice that holds the social views of our party. While Mitch Daniels has been very concerned about the state of our damaged economy during his work in Indiana and the campaign, he has never neglected social issues. His record is pro-life and his views are pro-family. Mitch is the kind of person who will identify the problems, prioritize them, and address them.

Mitch Daniels: While Iowa has given me a major boost, I will need your vote in South Carolina to help us win the nomination and defeat President Obama. I need your choice, South Carolina, and that's why I approved this ad.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #270 on: June 22, 2013, 12:01:41 PM »

REPORTER: Governor Ventura, what do you think about Congressman Paul endorsing you last night?

VENTURA: Oh, it's wonderful for my campaign, and I appreciate that Ron did that. He did a great job running in the primaries when he did, and with that he had a deep donor base and fervent supporters. I'll need both if I'm going to have a fighting chance in the general election, so I'm quite excited to see where all of this takes us by November.

REPORTER: Many have called you a spoiler for the Republicans because you're generally attracting conservative and libertarian voters. Does this endorsement by Congressman Paul just verify and reinforce that perception of your campaign?

VENTURA: Honestly, I don't buy this notion that I'm going to throw away this election to Obama. Back when I ran for governor, they were saying that I was going to be a spoiler for the Republican, Norm Coleman, and that Skip Humphrey would be assured a victory because I'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Well, quite the contrary happened: While I was rising in the polls, Coleman's numbers stayed relatively steady, but Humphrey shed a lot of support in the final weeks and eventually placed third in the election. So, if that experience has taught me and everybody else anything, it's to never trust pundits. [chuckles]

REPORTER: Final question: Many people are speculating that you'll pick Ron Paul as your running mate. Would you say that's a fair guess?

VENTURA: I'm definitely considering him, along with a few other people in mind who are sympathetic to my cause. I really don't know for sure who I'll pick, because it's still early on in the game, so I can't make any promises if that what you want me to do.

[OOC: I'd really like to see how I match up in the general election now.]
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #271 on: June 22, 2013, 01:25:25 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2013, 01:28:03 PM by Clinton1996 »

Biden Campaign Schedule for Week of January 4th
"Folks, the GOP voted in Iowa last night for the man from Indiana. The Governor to be exact. An y'know what his job was before that. He was Bush's top economic guy, the head of the Office of Management and Budget. This is the guy the Republicans are looking at to oversee the recovery of our economy, the man who was in charge of it before the crash."

1/4/2012
-Flight to Colorado
-Campaign Rally in Boulder, CO
-Meet and Greet in Aurora, CO
-Town Hall in Denver, CO

1/5/2008
-Flight to Arizona
-Campaign Rally in Phoenix, AZ
-Campaign Rally in Tucson, AZ
-Town Hall in Mesa, AZ
-Meet & Greet in Casas Adobes, AZ
"Folks, Immigration Reform has been and always will be a focal point of Barack's Agenda. We tried to pass it back in 2010, but y'know what happened. We got blocked by the Obstructionist Republican Party. Give us 4 more years and a Democratic Congress, and we'll give you the DREAM Act."

1/6/2008
-Flight to Nevada
-Campaign Rally in Reno, NV
-Campaign Rally in Sparks, NV
-Meet & Greet in Spring Valley, NV
-Town Hall in Clark, NV

"No where has the Housing Collapse hurt worse than here in Nevada. Forclosures were skyrocketing when we took office back in '09. But Barack never quit on you. We've got a bill before Congress right now to let you refinance your homes. Forclosures are falling, but we're not there yet. Give us four more years, we'll restore this economy back to where it was befor the Republicans got a hold of it and drove it into the ground."

1/7/2008
-Flight to New Hampshire
-Campaign Rally in Derry, NH
-Campaign Rally in Manchester, NH
-Town Hall in Amherst, NH
-Flight to Washington, DC

"Tomorrow you guys are going to vote for the Republican Nominee. Now wouldn't it be hilarious if the Democrats went and voted in the GOP Primary like the Republicans did to us in 2008. And voted for the weakest candidate. I'm not saying do that. God sakes, please don't do that. But take advantage of the Open Primary. Go vote for the best GOP Candidate. They've got a few moderates running here."

1/8/2008
-VP Stuff
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #272 on: June 22, 2013, 09:52:51 PM »

Ayotte Campaign Schedule for Week of January 4th

January 4st:

Meet and Greet in Salem, NH
Lunch with supporters in Berlin, NH
Meet & greet in Dover, NH

January 5st:

Morning breakfast in Dover, NH
Meet and greet in Portmouth, NH
Lunch in North Hampton, NH
Meet and greet in Hampton, NH
Town-hall in Rye, NH

January 6st:

Meet and greet in Eaton, NH
Meet and greet in Derry, NH
Lunch in Wakefield, NH

January 7st:

Breakfast with supporters in Concord, NH
Meet and greet in Concord, NH
Lunch in Franklin, NH
Townhall in New Hampton, NH

January 8st:
Meet and greet in Manchester, NH
Meet and greet in South Hookestt, NH
Townhall in Hookestt, NH

Announcements, Messages and Other Things:

1.- Surrogates:

-Sarah Palin, Frank Guinta, Gene Chandler: (Campaigning with Me.)

-Rick Santorum: (Campaigning in SC)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #273 on: June 23, 2013, 01:06:50 PM »

Roemer Campaign Schedule: New Hampshire

Roemer Press Conference

Reporter: Governor Roemer, are the results in Iowa more of a disappointment or a celebration?

Roemer: Well, obviously we could've done a couple percentage points better, but going in in last and ending up beating the two people who are leading in New Hampshire is pretty damn good.

Reporter: How are you expecting to do in New Hampshire?

Roemer: Well, we entered Iowa polling at 2%, last place, and ended up getting more than double that and jumping over two people. No promises, but if we could double our score in Iowa and we're polling at 10% in New Hampshire, you do the math.

Reporter: Will your campaign make an effort in South Carolina?

Roemer: Yes, yes - with three other Southerners in the race it won't be easy, but we will take the fight to South Carolina, and you'll see a heavy campaign presence there in the weeks leading up to the primary.

January 4th (with King)
Meet and greet in Dover, New Hampshire
Rally in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Meet and greet in Stratham, New Hampshire
Townhall in Raymond, New Hampshire

January 5th (with King)
Meet and greet in Chester, New Hampshire
Lunch in Derry, New Hampshire
Townhall in Salem, New Hampshire
Rally in Merrimack, New Hampshire

Great to meet y'all today. Haven't been to this part of the state recently, but y'all are as friendly as the rest of em - and just as receptive to my message of getting corruption out of politics. And this campaign will be working across the entire state, and the entire nation, to get that message out.

January 6th (with Odell and Bosworth)
Meet and greet in Goffstown, New Hampshire
Rally in Concord, New Hampshire
Rally in Laconia, New Hampshire
Townhall in Littleton, New Hampshire

People have questioned how serious this campaign is. Well, those people have been pretty quite since Iowa! Look at who's leading the polls in this state: Kelly Ayotte and Jon Huntsman. But look at the Iowa results, and look who beat Ayotte and Huntsman - me! This is a serious campaign, with a serious message, and if the polls in this state are any indication, we're going to do quite well here.

January 7th (with Bosworth and Choate)
Rally in Berlin, New Hampshire
Meet and greet in Woodsville, New Hampshire
Meet and greet in North Haverhill, New Hampshire
Townhall in Lebanon, New Hampshire

January 8th (with Choate and Odell)
Rally in Claremont, New Hampshire
Rally in New London, New Hampshire
Meet and greet in Warner, New Hampshire
Townhall in Henniker, New Hampshire
Townhall in Rindge, New Hampshire

Also, this ad will be showing in the targeted markets (Burlington, Portland, maybe Boston) over this week.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #274 on: June 23, 2013, 06:49:14 PM »

January 8th- KAY BAILEY HUTCHINSON for President (rest of my schedules been turned in prior to my absence)
Speech in Charleston: "You know, when this campaign started we had dismal numbers in almost every state, save one. Now we are on a real path to the nomination. While winning Iowa would've been fantastic, the results showed that voters aren't quite sure on who they want as the nominee. While I know every candidate thinks themselves ready for the job, I'm one of the few in this race who actually is. I've spent years on Capitol Hill fighting for the American values our Party espouses and I see now that more and more people are recognizing this, due in large part to y'all. This grassroots campaign is the reason why we are competitive in the first 3 states, actually all the states. People see our message, and they like it, and that's why I know we'll be the winners of this primary campaign as well as the general election."

Rally in Columbia, South Carolina
Speech in Charleston, South Carolina with Lindsey Graham, Chris Christie, Jan Brewer, Susana Martinez, and George H.W. Bush
Town hall in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Rally with Undecided voters in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies