Bomb attack in Boston
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 06:15:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bomb attack in Boston
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]
Author Topic: Bomb attack in Boston  (Read 45064 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: April 18, 2013, 11:29:59 PM »

Just saw this picture on Twitter. Not graphic. Check the people on the left side.

http://i.imgur.com/I1dF69f.jpg

Looks too clear to be fake.

It is in fact real.  The guy who took the picture says he turned the pic over the FBI:

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/18/new-higher-resolution-image-of-boston-marathon-suspect-emerges/

I have to imagine that this "white hat suspect" is inevitably going to get turned in now.  I mean, that's a pretty clear picture, even in profile.  Someone's got to know who this guy is and turn him in.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #526 on: April 19, 2013, 12:16:58 AM »

Just saw this picture on Twitter. Not graphic. Check the people on the left side.

http://i.imgur.com/I1dF69f.jpg

Looks too clear to be fake.

It is in fact real.  The guy who took the picture says he turned the pic over the FBI:

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/18/new-higher-resolution-image-of-boston-marathon-suspect-emerges/

I have to imagine that this "white hat suspect" is inevitably going to get turned in now.  I mean, that's a pretty clear picture, even in profile.  Someone's got to know who this guy is and turn him in.

Not if he already left the country ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #527 on: April 19, 2013, 12:31:39 AM »

The guy looks to have his origin somewhere in the Gulf region.

I see those people every summer around here, just that the people here are tourists and not "likely" terrorists.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #528 on: April 19, 2013, 12:41:43 AM »
« Edited: April 19, 2013, 01:08:35 AM by HagridOfTheDeep »

There's a picture online of white hat guy less than two feet away from a backpack on the ground. The backpack is pretty clearly the backpack from the FBI video. Also visible in this photo is the eight year old boy who died. He's almost right beside the backpack.

So I don't think he's just a "likely" terrorist. I was a bit uneasy with them releasing pictures at first, but I think it's pretty clear that these are the folks who did it.

Also, one of the victims from the first blast ("wheelchair guy") provided a description of the culprit almost immediately after regaining consciousness post-amputation. Wheelchair guy said he looked the bomber straight in the eyes and remembered seeing him put a bag down virtually right at his feet. The description he gave was identical to black hat guy.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #529 on: April 19, 2013, 01:26:07 AM »

What kind of idiot wears such an identifiable hat and then doesn't take it off as soon as he drops off the backpack.

FBI's released high res pics of the suspects:

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #530 on: April 19, 2013, 07:05:29 AM »

What kind of idiot wears such an identifiable hat and then doesn't take it off as soon as he drops off the backpack.

Someone officially more clueless than Raskolnikov.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #531 on: April 19, 2013, 07:51:32 AM »

Since this thread is not getting as much posts, let me repeat what I said in the MIT shooting thread.  I took a look at the marathon blast footage again, and it looks to me that the first blast was close to the Russian flag, which makes a certain perverse sense since the suspects are now known to be Chechyn.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies