How did these industries voted in the 2012 election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:17:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How did these industries voted in the 2012 election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How did these industries voted in the 2012 election?  (Read 3987 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« on: July 03, 2013, 01:19:40 AM »

Most industries and sectors vote Republican. There are a lot of Democrats who stay at home and don't have to work due to large incomes or they're on welfare and food stamps. Working leads to conservatism. I've worked in grocery, retail, sales, fast food, construction, and office buildings. I have yet to find a liberal base of employees at any job I've ever had.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »

Most industries and sectors vote Republican. There are a lot of Democrats who stay at home and don't have to work due to large incomes or they're on welfare and food stamps. Working leads to conservatism. I've worked in grocery, retail, sales, fast food, construction, and office buildings. I have yet to find a liberal base of employees at any job I've ever had.
There are also a lot of Republicans that don't work in the a/m sectors, as they are housewives.  Female professionals overwhelmingly voted Obama. Considering the gender gap, I think it is quite likely that the medical and airline industries leaned Obama, probably alongside sectors that are not on the list such as retail and beauty/wellness.

Voter turnout in retail is very low. Did the medial field really vote for Obama? Age gaps are something to consider with the female vote altogether. Single women voted for Obama at a much higher rate than married women and single women tend to be younger than married women. I'm not sure the Democrats have the lock on women they claim to as much as they do with young and single women.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 10:50:15 PM »

That is a total lie.

We can debate it all day and because we have different ideologies, we won't ever agree and there's nothing wrong with that.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 08:30:46 PM »

That is a total lie.

We can debate it all day and because we have different ideologies, we won't ever agree and there's nothing wrong with that.

We'll never agree, that's true. But there's no doubt political views have nothing to do with your work ethic.

No but I think they go hand in hand. If you look deep into political parties, you'll find differences between Democrats and Republicans as far as which phones they're likely to have, which TV shows they watch, what music they listen to, the foods they prefer, and so forth. There was a time when some industries voted Republican and others Democratic, but income would be a larger influence than profession. My main point was the welfare system has become so great that most Democratic voters are receiving something for free from our government. There's an entitlement mentality. In my experience too, I have yet to work in a liberal environment and I've lived in mostly purple areas my whole life. A lot of my coworkers who have been liberal thought that they were singled out, treated unfairly, hated where they worked, thought the world owed them favors, and was always trying to bend rules. I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm looking in to what kinds of people are in different parties. Republicans are far from perfect too. Some tend to have a divisive mentality, not understand how government works, and are uneducated in religion. Everyone has their flaws.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies