Opinion of Ellen G. White
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:07:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of Ellen G. White
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: 3 days.
FF

HP

Neutral

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: Opinion of Ellen G. White  (Read 309 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »

I figured as probably the only Adventist on here, I should do this poll at some point.

I vote Neutral.  She was a good teacher, but I don't think her interpretation of the Bible was any more authoritative than any other teacher's, and I would only consider her a prophet in the sense that she brought a lot of people to God through books like Desire of Ages and Steps to Christ (not necessarily to the Adventist church, but just to faith in Jesus.)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:17:29 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2013, 12:37:19 PM by politicus »

FF in the sense that she fought for her beliefs and values. Especially being an abolitionist and arguing the equality of all races at a time when that was far from the established truth. Her thoughts on health care and education were also quite progressive.

I am surprised that someone voted HP. Besides having a negative view on masturbation (which most Christians did at her time), I cant see anything unlikable about her views.  

But maybe its the "false prophet" thing.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 11:57:29 AM »

FF in the sense that she fought for her beliefs and values. Especially being an abolitionist and arguing the equality of all races at a time when that was far from the established truth. Her thoughts on health care and education were also quite progressive.

I am surprised that someone voted HP. Besides having negative view on masturbation (which most Christians did at her time), I cant see anything unlikable about her views. 

But maybe its the "false prophet" thing.

Yeah her failed prophecies probably turned some off. Also I'm sure Catholics aren't too fond of her.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies