Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 07:09:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 45
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 79388 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: April 23, 2013, 10:32:05 PM »

Meh, bacon and eggs aren't that bad. Eggs are healthy; you should have two or so a day. Bacon is basically just fried fat strips, but just one or two every now and then is okay.

I had three scrambled eggs, four slices of bacon, and three pieces of toast.
A good guy like Lief goes out of his way to defend you and this is how you repay him? You need to work on your portion sizes Smiley

Eh, if you got rid of the bacon and made the toast whole wheat and used little to no butter, that would be a pretty healthy breakfast, even if it is a little hefty. Isn't breakfast supposed to be the biggest meal of the day so that you get your metabolism going or something?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #901 on: April 23, 2013, 10:33:14 PM »

Meh, bacon and eggs aren't that bad. Eggs are healthy; you should have two or so a day. Bacon is basically just fried fat strips, but just one or two every now and then is okay.

I had three scrambled eggs, four slices of bacon, and three pieces of toast.
A good guy like Lief goes out of his way to defend you and this is how you repay him? You need to work on your portion sizes Smiley

Eh, if you got rid of the bacon and made the toast whole wheat and used little to no butter, that would be a pretty healthy breakfast, even if it is a little hefty. Isn't breakfast supposed to be the biggest meal of the day so that you get your metabolism going or something?

It was whole wheat toast, fwiw.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #902 on: April 23, 2013, 10:48:12 PM »

I don't think Bushie eating bacon and eggs for lunch after whining about a bad tum tum was smart.  Unless the tum tum was an excuse not to walk.

The stomach eased up, but then turned into major stiffness and aches in the back and the joints.  I think its just weather related.  I get this way in cold, damp weather.  It is legitimate, but is nothing to be worried about it.

As for the bacon and eggs, it was either that or go get something.  We seriously don't have much in the house and have not had time to go to Walmart because of having to spend a lot of time with the family.  Mom and I are going to Walmart tomorrow after we take Grandma to eat.  Before we even go to eat, I will be walking another 20-25 minutes.  I took a break for one day from the walking trail, so I hit pause, but I definitely did not hit stop.  I've got four days left this week, so I should be able to walk all four days.  There are thunderstorm chances on Friday, so I'll have to see, but if it is dry in the morning, I'm getting out there and walking because it will be mild.

You don't have any cereal? Granola? Fruit? Nothing?

Not until tomorrow afternoon.  We haven't had a chance to get to Walmart in a few days.  I mean, we have cereal, but no milk.  The fruit we do have is old and we don't do granola.

It the fruit is bad, why don't you throw it out?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #903 on: April 23, 2013, 10:55:27 PM »

I'm looking forward to the last week of April and the first week of May.  Here is the lineup.

Tomorrow, 24 April -

11:00 - Mom, Dad, and I will be taking Grandma out to lunch for her birthday.
13:00 - Mom, Grandma, and I are going to Walmart
18:30 - Church Business Meeting

Thursday, 25 April

19:00 - 2013 NFL Draft Round 1

Saturday, 27 April

13:00-16:00 - My Pastor's 30th Birthday Party in Moore

Sunday, 28 April

09:40-12:30 - The final morning worship service of Age 30, my 31st year.
12:30-15:00 - Mom, Dad, Grandma, and I will celebrate my 31st Birthday with Grilled Hamburgers
17:30-19:30 - Final Worship Service of Age 30

Monday, 29 April

00:00 - My 31st Birthday, the beginning of my 32nd year.
20:12 - The exact minute I came out of my mother's womb

Tuesday, 30 April

The first anniversary of my mother's retirement from Tinker AFB

Wednesday, 1 May

18:30-21:30 - First Worship Service of Age 31

Sunday, 5 May

09:45-12:30 - First Sunday Morning Worship Service of my 32nd year
12:30-15:45 - My Cousins and I will celebrate my 31st birthday at their house
16:00-17:15 - Kenya Meeting
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #904 on: April 23, 2013, 10:57:06 PM »

I don't think Bushie eating bacon and eggs for lunch after whining about a bad tum tum was smart.  Unless the tum tum was an excuse not to walk.

The stomach eased up, but then turned into major stiffness and aches in the back and the joints.  I think its just weather related.  I get this way in cold, damp weather.  It is legitimate, but is nothing to be worried about it.

As for the bacon and eggs, it was either that or go get something.  We seriously don't have much in the house and have not had time to go to Walmart because of having to spend a lot of time with the family.  Mom and I are going to Walmart tomorrow after we take Grandma to eat.  Before we even go to eat, I will be walking another 20-25 minutes.  I took a break for one day from the walking trail, so I hit pause, but I definitely did not hit stop.  I've got four days left this week, so I should be able to walk all four days.  There are thunderstorm chances on Friday, so I'll have to see, but if it is dry in the morning, I'm getting out there and walking because it will be mild.

Not until tomorrow afternoon.  We haven't had a chance to get to Walmart in a few days.  I mean, we have cereal, but no milk.  The fruit we do have is old and we don't do granola.

Haven't gotten around to it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #905 on: April 23, 2013, 10:58:26 PM »

Haven't gotten around to it?  It'll take you 30 freaking seconds.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #906 on: April 23, 2013, 11:01:49 PM »

Haha, suprisingly none of those four establishments appeal to me.  I'm not a big candy eater, I don't care for wings, and I have no gold to sell.

You don't like Bdubs?

Nope.  If I am coerced to eat there, I will find something else on the menu besides wings, if that's possible.

Wings are about the only American junk food I actually enjoy...

I hate wings so much...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #907 on: April 23, 2013, 11:13:22 PM »

Haven't gotten around to it?  It'll take you 30 freaking seconds.

Who cares Inks?  No need to micromanage every detail of Bushie's life.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #908 on: April 23, 2013, 11:39:30 PM »

I find it interesting that Bushie's pastor is younger than him. I'm guessing that he makes Bushie feel pretty inadequate and that Bushie is secretly jealous of him.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #909 on: April 23, 2013, 11:57:29 PM »

I find it interesting that Bushie's pastor is younger than him. I'm guessing that he makes Bushie feel pretty inadequate and that Bushie is secretly jealous of him.

The only way I would be jealous would be out of purely selfish and worldly reasons.  He has only been a Christian for 12 years whereas I have been a Christian for nearly 27 years and have been called to preach for 25 years.  When I get jealous, I am reminded that God has His own will for my life, a plan that is suited just for me and that only I can do.  I am reminded of Jeremiah 29:11.

I couldn't be happier for him because he is the husband of my cousin and therefore my cousin-by-marriage.  I am proud to call him a cousin.  I'm still unsure what to call him, though, Pastor, Cousin, Pastor Cousin, Cousin Pastor, or just Nick.  He has 4 beautiful children two boys and two girls, 2 foster children, both sisters, and 3 nephews for which he is the biggest male influence in their lives.  Basically, he has 9 children, though only 6 live at his house.  The other three live with their mother who is also my cousin.  He is an excellent father, a godly husband, and what's more is he works full time as a letter carrier for the Postal Service.  He has internet, but only antenna TV, he doesn't waste his time with sports except taking his family to an occasional Oklahoma Redhawks baseball game.  He reads nothing but the Bible and books by trusted Christian authors.  While he is delivering the mail, he does not hesitate to pray with his clients or coworkers if they are having a tough day and he listens to podcasts of Christian pastors while walking through his route.  His clients and his coworkers know exactly where he stands.  He will give the shirt off his back to anybody off the street, but don't you dare get between him and his wife or his children, there will be hell to pay.  He is not without his flaws, but he is the epitome of what it means to be a well rounded godly man.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #910 on: April 24, 2013, 12:05:25 AM »

I think Bushie has a crush on this pastor cousin. He speaks of him a little too admirably. Can't say I approve of the prayer at work bit. He's getting paid to deliver mail. If he wants to pray, he should do it on his own time.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #911 on: April 24, 2013, 12:06:22 AM »

The plot thickens...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #912 on: April 24, 2013, 12:09:26 AM »

I think Bushie has a crush on this pastor cousin. He speaks of him a little too admirably. Can't say I approve of the prayer at work bit. He's getting paid to deliver mail. If he wants to pray, he should do it on his own time.

He only prays if the customer requests it.  Plus, what's wrong with talking to your God while you're at work?  He gave you the job, so the least you can do is talk to Him.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #913 on: April 24, 2013, 12:12:07 AM »

He only prays if the customer requests it.  Plus, what's wrong with talking to your God while you're at work?  He gave you the job, so the least you can do is talk to Him.

If only we could get Him to give you one, Bushie.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #914 on: April 24, 2013, 12:12:20 AM »

Plus, what's wrong with talking to your God while you're at work?  He gave you the job, so the least you can do is talk to Him.

Makes sense.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #915 on: April 24, 2013, 12:15:26 AM »

Wait the guy's just turning 30, and he already has four kids? There's Oklahoma for you, sheesh...smh
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #916 on: April 24, 2013, 12:15:45 AM »

He only prays if the customer requests it.

Does this happen often in Oklahoma?  That a mailman comes to your house to deliver a package, and you ask him if he'll pray with you?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #917 on: April 24, 2013, 12:21:31 AM »

What actor should play Bushie's pastor in the theatrical version of this?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #918 on: April 24, 2013, 12:23:13 AM »

What actor should play Bushie's pastor in the theatrical version of this?

For metaphor purposes, the pastor should be played by Ryan Gosling, toned and Drive suave, while Bushie should be played by Ryan Gosling, in a fat suit with a Lars and the Real Girl mustache.

Wait the guy's just turning 30, and he already has four kids? There's Oklahoma for you, sheesh...smh

Minnesota is 2nd in life expectancy while Oklahoma is 47th, so he's right on track given the circumstances.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #919 on: April 24, 2013, 12:25:41 AM »

He admittedly got his wife pregnant with the 1st child before they were married and before he became a Christian.  She became a Christian really early in life, as well.  However, he did things right, he married her before the first child was born.  They will be celebrating their 12th anniversary on Sunday, 28 April, meaning he was 18 and she was 17.  Their firstborn will be 12 on November 15.  She is from Oklahoma, but he is originally from Washington State.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #920 on: April 24, 2013, 12:32:44 AM »

This is a bit off topic, but do you guys believe that marrying baby mama is the right course of action in such a circumstance?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #921 on: April 24, 2013, 12:38:40 AM »

This is a bit off topic, but do you guys believe that marrying baby mama is the right course of action in such a circumstance?

Aborting the pregnancy would make more sense.

Do they have condoms in Oklahoma? Or are they considered sinful?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #922 on: April 24, 2013, 12:39:57 AM »

Yes, we do.  Every single, solitary child needs desperately to be raised by a mother and a father.  Single parent homes don't work too well most of the time.  Double parent homes are not perfect, either, but they have a higher success rate than single parent homes.  I was the same way.  When I had sex with Tiffanye and was scared she was pregnant, we were making plans to get rush the wedding up so the child would have two parents.  She didn't get pregnant, and we broke up pretty shortly thereafter, but still I was planning to carry my duty as a father.  If she had become pregnant, it would have been my baby and it would have been my responsibility to the child to marry its mother.  Now, there are cases where the father should not marry the mother, especially when physical, mental, spiritual, or emotional abuse is likely to either the mother or the baby.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #923 on: April 24, 2013, 12:42:48 AM »

He admittedly got his wife pregnant with the 1st child before they were married and before he became a Christian.  She became a Christian really early in life, as well.  However, he did things right, he married her before the first child was born.  They will be celebrating their 12th anniversary on Sunday, 28 April, meaning he was 18 and she was 17.  Their firstborn will be 12 on November 15.  She is from Oklahoma, but he is originally from Washington State.

Sheesh, you sure do know quite a few details of their lives!  I mean, I know the birthdays of my immediate family, and some of my friends, but keeping track of all their wedding anniversaries and kids' birthdays too?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #924 on: April 24, 2013, 12:43:22 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2013, 12:46:16 AM by 31: A New Bushie »

Aborting the pregnancy would make more sense.

Do they have condoms in Oklahoma? Or are they considered sinful?

Murdering the baby never makes more sense, especially since this wasn't a rape or incest and the mom's life wasn't in any danger.

Yes, they have condoms.

Please stop with this "Oklahoma is inferior" crap.  It's getting old.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies