What happens on page 11 of this thread?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:46:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What happens on page 11 of this thread?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of this thread?
freedom thread

horrible thread

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 171

Author Topic: What happens on page 11 of this thread?  (Read 40003 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2013, 08:18:11 AM »
« edited: February 26, 2022, 12:32:16 AM by Mr. Morden »

What is your opinion of this thread?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 08:18:50 AM »

Just to clarify, I'm talking about this thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=170381.0
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 09:34:44 AM »

Bored this morning are we?  Smiley
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 09:36:06 AM »

It's not morning for me!  It's night time here, I'm about to go to bed, and I await all the wonderful replies this thread will get by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »

lol
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »

Massive FT. Smiley
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 03:49:20 PM »

I'm on the fence.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »

Very dull without Simfan.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 04:41:41 PM »

Anyway, with regard to the thread in question, I thought Hagrid and opebo made some OK points in those very short posts they wrote, about halfway down the first page, but the thread didn't really come alive until there was that one picture of Bill and Hillary Clinton from their younger days, just after those posts by Hagrid and opebo.  It was pretty random, but still kind of a lol picture.  Though the post that came after that was kind of a letdown by comparison.

By the way, this is kind of off topic, but here's a funny picture of Bill and Hillary Clinton from their younger days:

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »

This is an excellent picture of Oksana Omelianchik on beam at the 1985 European Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Helsinki. She won gold on that event and bronze all-around.

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 06:18:19 PM »

Now it's a freedom thread.

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 07:50:22 PM »

Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 01:11:57 AM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 01:17:14 AM »

The first page is pretty bad, but it gets really good starting with page two. Freedom thread overall.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 02:59:34 AM »

The most memorable post is certainly the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that the most memorable post is the one where I say that
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 01:45:54 PM »

[/thread]
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 02:02:18 PM »

At some point Grumps declared the thread closed, but it didn't work.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 04:50:09 PM »

Quick, somebody get Naso. Let's make this legendary.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 07:28:12 AM »

Last week, we got the first cosmological results from Planck, which support the Lambda Cold Dark Matter model for the universe.  Nothing too shocking, though the Hubble constant is a bit lower than expected, and there's some kind of weird asymmetry across the sky, suggesting that there might be a preferred direction in the universe:

http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/mpa/institute/news_archives/news1303_aaa/news1303_aaa-en.html

Anyway, with regard to my opinion of this thread, the one thing I forgot to add in my last post was how cheap it was when I resurrected the thread to jump onto the "And now so-and-so supports SSM" thread craze.  He just took individual posts from the thread, and replaced the subject line with "And now such and such supports whatever".  Pretty lame.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 07:29:17 AM »

For example, in this post, I posted a picture of a cardboard bridge, just so I could have another "X supports Y" pun.

http://actu.epfl.ch/news/a-cardboard-bridge-that-supports-297-times-its-own/
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 10:38:21 AM »

In this post I didn't add anything of value; I had only privately giggled to my myself at the thread concept and bumped it in the hopes that it would continue.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 11:25:04 PM »

In this post I didn't add anything of value; I had only privately giggled to my myself at the thread concept and bumped it in the hopes that it would continue.

Lief said that it gets really good on page 2, so I'm looking forward to that.  Any guesses as to what ends up getting discussed on page 2?  Is there a huge flame war?  Or some deep discussion about some issue or other?  And what might the discussion be about?

Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 11:47:20 AM »

At some point, Zanas made a post that ended unexpotato.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 11:56:33 AM »

Lief said that it gets really good on page 2, so I'm looking forward to that.  Any guesses as to what ends up getting discussed on page 2?  Is there a huge flame war?  Or some deep discussion about some issue or other?  And what might the discussion be about?

Personally, I hope it gets derailed into a Spiderman thread.

Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 12:18:43 PM »

So this post starts the coveted second page... I'm not sure I can deal with the pressure, maybe I counted wrong, yeah, that's it, this is still on the first page. Therefore the nature of this post won't affect the second page...

EDIT: oh... I did count wrong, this is really embarrassing, but the second page is soon, so it won't be that big of a deal...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies