take a look at this video, it does a good job of explaining the religious right
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:37:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  take a look at this video, it does a good job of explaining the religious right
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: take a look at this video, it does a good job of explaining the religious right  (Read 436 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2013, 10:00:08 PM »

I'm not someone who agrees with the religious right, but I often can see their viewpoint. The video (audio actually) seems to be from around 1965, so it actually predates the rise of the religious right. Anyways this confirms my thesis that this new type of christian conservatism is rooted in the cold war.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QczCwEsDYc4
Oak Hills
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 02:07:38 PM »

I wonder how much information he took out of context or just plain made up?  I have little to no familiarity with the people and organizations in question, but one of his "facts" stuck out to me as untrue was his contention that W.E.B. DuBois "admitted he was a Communist", and therefore the NAACP was Communist.  He conveniently ignored the fact that DuBois did not become a Communist until 1961, long after he founded the NAACP.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies