NJ-Quinnipiac: Christie trails Clinton 49-45%; leads Cuomo 54-36%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:33:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NJ-Quinnipiac: Christie trails Clinton 49-45%; leads Cuomo 54-36%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-Quinnipiac: Christie trails Clinton 49-45%; leads Cuomo 54-36%  (Read 1732 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2013, 08:29:26 AM »

Quinnipiac poll of New Jersey:

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-centers/polling-institute/new-jersey/release-detail?ReleaseID=1851

Clinton 49%
Christie 45%

Christie 54%
Cuomo 36%

Christie beats Cuomo in every demographic, except Democrats and blacks.

In the Christie vs. Clinton matchup, the gender gap is enormous.  Clinton wins women by 26 points, and Christie wins men by 23 points(!).  If it's Christie vs. Clinton, are we going to have a race in which every single Independent votes according to their chromosomes?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 09:16:08 AM »

Currently, Christie and Clinton are at their heights of popularity.

This will not hold for both once they start running for President.

So, considering that this is a Democratic state, it's lean or safe for Hillary in the end.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 09:52:07 AM »

This makes me think, if Christie was the candidate in 2012, NJ would have been a lock thanks to Sandy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Smiley

This makes me think, if Christie was the candidate in 2012, NJ would have been a lock thanks to Sandy.

Christie being the nominee would have been a sight to see. Christie as the nominee with Sandy would have been astounding. The campaign would have abruptly halted but all eyes would have been on how a potential future President handles a crisis. Of course, there are those that think he would have resigned as Governor if he became the nominee so this would have been moot but if he didn't, it would have been remarkable to watch regardless of who you were supporting.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 09:58:05 AM »

Christie being the nominee would have been a sight to see. Christie as the nominee with Sandy would have been astounding. The campaign would have abruptly halted but all eyes would have been on how a potential future President handles a crisis. Of course, there are those that think he would have resigned as Governor if he became the nominee so this would have been moot but if he didn't, it would have been remarkable to watch regardless of who you were supporting.

In that alternative reality, was Obama also a sleeping pill in the 1st debate or not ?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 10:03:15 AM »

In that alternative reality, was Obama also a sleeping pill in the 1st debate or not ?

Thinking more about it: If Christie were the GOP candidate and still the Gov. of NJ, did he also raise as much money as Romney did ? Did he make any blunders (mostly by opening his mouth too much) ? What about the weight discussion (wouldn't be an issue for me, but for many Americans I guess) ? Foreign policy ?

And I guess, when Sandy hit, the Obama campaign would have behaved differently than with Romney as opponent: No joint appearance with Christie in the disaster area, but instead much more "campaigning" there to block Christie's popularity gain by making the President the more efficient helper. And so on ...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 10:26:39 AM »

I don't think that Obama campaigning in the state in the story's aftermath would be well received. Tongue Sure, he'd do a lot of touring but I don't think it would compete with the amount of coverage the Governor/Republican nominee for the highest office in the land would get. All eyes would be on Christie to see how he'd respond.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »

I don't think that Obama campaigning in the state in the story's aftermath would be well received. Tongue Sure, he'd do a lot of touring but I don't think it would compete with the amount of coverage the Governor/Republican nominee for the highest office in the land would get. All eyes would be on Christie to see how he'd respond.

Maybe, but nobody besides in NJ, NY, CT would have cared ...

Certainly not people in CO, NV and elsewhere.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »

What? Of course people in those states would care about how a candidate for President would respond to a disaster especially when it's just days before the election and the candidates were preparing to do something very different than cope with a hurricane. That's like saying no one outside of the Gulf Coast cared about how Bush handled Katrina.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 12:05:39 PM »

What? Of course people in those states would care about how a candidate for President would respond to a disaster especially when it's just days before the election and the candidates were preparing to do something very different than cope with a hurricane. That's like saying no one outside of the Gulf Coast cared about how Bush handled Katrina.

Still, it would have most likely been a "tie" in terms of handling the storm between Obama and Christie, if we consider that Obama would have stayed more in the desaster area and promised more helpers and federal aid.

Also: Did Christie trail by 10 ahead of the storm, was the race a tie or was Christie ahead in the national polls ?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 01:09:39 PM »

Clinton 49.5% -- 538
Christie 49.0% -- 0
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 01:13:27 PM »

Clinton 49.5% -- 538
Christie 49.0% -- 0

Hahahaha

Judging by the polling numbers we've been seeing, I can't wait for Montana and Georgia GE numbers from PPP.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 03:12:35 PM »

I look forward to seeing the WV/AR numbers.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 03:32:44 PM »

Clinton 49.5% -- 538
Christie 49.0% -- 0

lol so true
mattyman
Rookie
New Zealand

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 06:00:25 PM »

New Jersey is possibly the only state that knows both Christie and Clinton (everyone knows Clinton!) well. Polling Rubio Christie etc outside of their home states naturally Clinton will do well because so many people know her from being the former first lady and secretary of state. People who don't give much time for politics (most people) may just have just heard snippets on the news re Sandy, state of the union response etc.

But hey, gives the pollsters a job!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies