Official Office of Siren: Closing Shop
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 11:21:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official Office of Siren: Closing Shop
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Official Office of Siren: Closing Shop  (Read 7114 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 10:59:31 PM »

Endorsed for 2nd preference!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 10:53:35 PM »

Scientific Innovations: Procreation Equality

This is my first of a few posts I'm planning about scientific advancements.  This one focuses on LGBT rights.  I think most of us support equality and same sex marriage in Atlasia, and that's great.  Let's not stop there though when we can make so much more progress in the name of love.  What we really need to make LGBT families truly equal is research into the possibilities for same sex procreation.  I don't mean to knock adoption at all.  It's a great practice that brings needy children out of poverty.  Even still, there's something special about two partners contributing their own genes to a child.  If heterosexual couples can do it, and there's a possibility to learn how lesbians and gay couples might be able to also, I believe we have a responsibility to pursue that research.

I don't claim to be a science expert at all, but I've learned a lot from conversations with my friends and doing some research.  We actually aren't that far away from achieving the goal.

There's a few different ways through voluntary genetic research.  For lesbian couples, scientists have been able to grow immature sperm from bone marrow.  They then use in vitro fertilization to be able to contribute genes from both mothers to the child.  One of the only drawbacks is that lesbians would only be able to have daughters right now because they don't have Y chromosomes.  They could have a boy though if they were willing to take a donation from a man.

For gay couples, it's a little bit tougher so far, but there's been research done where two men might be able to contribute their genes to an unfertilized egg.  There's also research in the area of stem cell technology that we may be able to create an ovum from male cells.  There's even talk of possibly using artificial wombs in the future.

So my proposal is this: what we need to do as Atlasians is recognize the importance of procreation equality to LGBT couples.  We need to reject the naysayers that say it can't be done, take the most promising areas of research for same sex procreation, and fund those projects.  Funding these great scientific projects serves two purposes.  The first is obvious, scientific progress for LGBT couples.  The second is more symbolic.  It will show that we as Atlasians can come together to support procreation equality and scientific progress in the area of genetics.

Let's bottle up those genes Atlasians and make some progress for LGBT equality!  Let's do it in the name of love.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 11:30:59 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2013, 11:38:35 PM by Siren »

Hey there everyone,

After a long campaign, it's finally time to go to the polls!  I've really enjoyed making my posts, participating in the debate, and getting to know y'all.  Now it's time to see where the chips fall.

I'd like to thank everyone that's supported me during the campaign.  Special thanks to the Light Party and the Liberal Party for their endorsements, as well as everyone that voted for me at those conventions.  Also, really big SUPER SPECIAL thanks to Governor Scott, Former Assemblyman a Person, Senator Napoleon, TDAS04, and OAM for their support along the way.  Lastly, I want to thank everyone that's encouraged me or offered advice while I've been here.  It's a really long list, but y'all know who you are and you know you're in my heart - thanks! Smiley  

The Siren Campaign office is open for everyone that wants to hang out and watch the results.  We have cookies, necco wafers, fruit punch, and peppermint mochas.

I thought I'd end with one last song from Lindsey: Come With Us.

So yeah, come with us.  We can do anything we want.  Smiley
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 11:32:27 PM »

Endorsing you a little bit late =)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »

Thanks Speaker Superique.  I really appreciate the support!

Both the Senate and Presidential races are incredibly close.  I'm on the edge of my seat here, and I encourage every Mideasterner to go out and vote if they haven't yet.  Your vote could be the difference.  Smiley
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »

You ran a great campaign, Siren!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »

Hopefully you have a role in the upcoming administration - you're a great citizen.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2013, 11:31:40 PM »

Thank you for running a such a good campaign Siren! You, like Talleyrand and JCL, worked hard to make it a close and honest race.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 07:33:39 AM »

Congratulations on running such a strong campaign in spite of being a rather new addition to the game.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2013, 12:33:06 PM by Siren »

Hey everyone!  My campaign office is back open and ready for business.  My values are the same as they always have been - strongly progressive with a pragmatic and efficient approach to spending your hard earned dollars.  I look at every issue and think to myself, "what would be the best way to encourage more love?"

I strongly support scientific innovations, including ways to improve the lives of same sex families and to reduce the Atlasian carbon footprint.  I'm also a lover of art, music, and other cultural crafts and think we should find ways through legislation to encourage both the arts and scientific research through legislation in the Mideast Assembly.

Also, while immigration policy is the domain of the federal government, I will be looking at ways to improve the lives of immigrant families in the Mideast.  As the daughter of a German father and a Russian mother, I feel pretty close to this issue.  I also welcome any ideas from people who are immigrants or have visited another country on this issue!  Please let me know if there's anything that would help.  Smiley

Lastly but not leastly, I'm interested in what you Mideasterners want out of your Assembly.  If you come to me with ideas, I'll be sure to give them the highest priority.  I'm here to represent you after all.

Thanks and Good Luck to everyone else running for Assembly or any other office.  Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 01:06:12 PM »

Endorsed, naturally.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 02:35:48 PM »

Enthusiastically endorsed!
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2013, 04:24:39 PM »

Endorsed! Cheesy
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 05:19:31 PM »

Endorsed!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 06:01:18 PM »

Endorsed!!!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 09:33:57 PM »

Endorsed!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2013, 01:09:45 AM »

Fully endorsed! Smiley Best of luck.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2013, 01:14:13 AM »

Endorsed! Wow you and Sirnick both have great ideas, I like that.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2013, 05:10:15 PM »

As a fellow Political Science Major IR concentration, Endorsed!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2013, 01:10:28 PM »

To a good showing this weekend Siren.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2013, 09:53:16 PM »

Thanks GAworth!

Us polisci/IR junkies gotta stick together.  Wink
Definitely!!!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2013, 10:33:57 AM »

Wow, what a close election!  Thank you so much to everyone who supported me along the way.  I couldn't have done it without y'all, and I bet you know who you are.  Smiley  First, second, and even third preferences made a big difference in this election, and I was honored to receive each and every one of them.

Special congrats also to Governor ZuWo on his re-election and my fellow assemblymen-elect, Inks, Mr. X, JCL, and Oldies.  I'm looking forward to working with all of you in the next session.

To Assemblyman Njall, you did a great job, and I'm sorry we won't be able to serve together, but I'm sure you have a great future ahead of you.

Lastly but not leastly, big thanks to everyone in the Mideast!  I'm really excited to serve as your representative!  Hopefully we can work together to make the Mideast the best it can be.

Thanks again.  Don't forget to take a cookie or some fruit punch on the way out.  Cheesy
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2013, 10:35:44 AM »

Congratulations!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2013, 10:58:59 AM »

Congrats. Smiley lets have a productive session serving the people.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2013, 12:51:56 PM »

Congratulations on your election, Assemblywomen-elect Siren!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies