Hey, guys? Enjoy another one.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:04:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Hey, guys? Enjoy another one.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Hey, guys? Enjoy another one.  (Read 3818 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2013, 09:39:30 AM »

Marokai's posts here perfectly sum up why he's so very, very sad. And yes, I obviously don't like you but my criticism here isn't about cheating or unity tickets. You just pulled that one out of the sky. Another bit of proof of your bizarre behavior. And I don't see anything here from myself or bgwah that's a "long sermon."

Then what exactly is your criticism? Because if it's not about unity tickets, alleged "cheating" of the game's structure, or, well, anything related to the election, all I can basically make out of your posts here are "BWARGHHHARGHRR!"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 11:02:40 AM »

Yes, you're right, Marokai. I should stop that. This is very, very serious business.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 11:17:10 AM »

And FTR, I voted for Xahar in the last election. I guess I was holding my years-long grudge against him!

Roll Eyes
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 11:28:58 AM »

Yes, you're right, Marokai. I should stop that. This is very, very serious business.

In my experience, the folks who beat their chest shouting "It's just a game, you nerds take it all too seriously" the loudest, tend to take this place way too seriously.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2013, 11:47:47 AM »

In my experience, the folks who beat their chest shouting "It's just a game, you nerds take it all too seriously" the loudest, tend to take this place way too seriously.

Right, as evidenced by my several paragraphs long responses here.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2013, 11:51:14 AM »

Marokai, does it really matter? There are a few people who are crying about it, but the majority are not. Atlasia hasn't had a close election in over a year, and our ticket was hardly some structured unity ticket made between party leaders. The sane folks know it. Don't fuel the fire here. Tongue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2013, 11:54:16 AM »

I don't get this thread. You really can't blame Marokai/Duke for the fact that the presidential election is not very competitive. Yes, they are a very strong ticket but if, for example, the Liberal Party had nominated a ticket this election could have taken a very different turn.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2013, 12:03:59 PM »

It appears now I will never get a response. I guess I was too lowly to be paid any heed by Mr. Keystone Phil.

And yes, I realize it's not question now that I look at it. However, it still was a comment, and one that warranted a response from the OP.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2013, 12:09:54 PM »

I don't get this thread. You really can't blame Marokai/Duke for the fact that the presidential election is not very competitive. Yes, they are a very strong ticket but if, for example, the Liberal Party had nominated a ticket this election could have taken a very different turn.
But-but Snowstalker said the Liberal Party is dead!!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2013, 12:11:52 PM »

I recall something similar being said by someone in December 2010 about a certain left of center party. Marokai knwos what I am talking about. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2013, 12:17:54 PM »

I recall something similar being said by someone in December 2010 about a certain left of center party. Marokai knwos what I am talking about. Tongue

I know what you're talking about. You're talking about an angry man running for President who felt that he didn't deserve any oppositions from the JCP and thought that he should be on a unity ticket with their support. With hindsight, can anyone call the UDL anything other than a scam to elect Marokai president while divorcing him from the JCP label because he wanted the anti-JCP support. Yeah I just sent someone a link about that last night. Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2013, 12:22:57 PM »

Claims to not be motivated by years-old grudges, tries to re-litigate years-old issues.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2013, 12:23:04 PM »

I know what you're talking about. You're talking about an angry man running for President who felt that he didn't deserve any oppositions from the JCP and thought that he should be on a unity ticket with their support. With hindsight, can anyone call the UDL anything other than a scam to elect Marokai president while divorcing him from the JCP label because he wanted the anti-JCP support. Yeah I just sent someone a link about that last night. Smiley

Actually, I thought I was talking about a thread on the private forum created in December 2010 that predicted the imminent despise of the JCP, which Marokai latter commented in about how premature we were, after he joined the Party the next spring.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2013, 12:29:17 PM »

Just logged into the RPP forum to see if I could still access it. The answer is yes. Amusing fact: Some people were urging me to run for President in February last year, with Duke saying he'd be my running mate, and I refused. "February is a cursed month for me." Oh the memories of the RPP forum! Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2013, 12:31:56 PM »

Just logged into the RPP forum to see if I could still access it. The answer is yes. Amusing fact: Some people were urging me to run for President in February last year, with Duke saying he'd be my running mate, and I refused. "February is a cursed month for me." Oh the memories of the RPP forum! Tongue

I actually just replaced my profile image of William III because the previous one had quit working.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2013, 12:33:35 PM »

Speaking of the UDL, I had wanted Marokai to be President since back then. We are finally getting another chance to make him President, and so I voted for him. I think he will be a great President. In addition, I think Napoleon will be a great Senator (again). Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2013, 12:35:55 PM »

Speaking of the UDL, I had wanted Marokai to be President since back then. We are finally getting another chance to make him President, and so I voted for him. I think he will be a great President. In addition, I think Napoleon will be a great Senator (again). Smiley

That time period is interesting to me because I directly precedes my involvement. My first vote was for Oakvale/Snowguy. But it doesn't appear Marokai wanted much competition in that election...would have been interesting if he didn't quit.

And thanks Sbane. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2013, 12:37:12 PM »

I was fully expecting you to actually run again for the Senate at some point, as well. Enjoying freedom? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2013, 12:43:17 PM »

That time period is interesting to me because I directly precedes my involvement. My first vote was for Oakvale/Snowguy. But it doesn't appear Marokai wanted much competition in that election...would have been interesting if he didn't quit.

And thanks Sbane. Smiley

It is unfortunate that we lost Purple State in that mess. Funny thing is, I was just thinking about that fact a day or two ago. Must be a two year February reflection portal or something.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2013, 12:45:42 PM »

I have a feeling that, were Purple State around today, Napoleon would hate him. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2013, 12:51:56 PM »

I have a feeling that, were Purple State around today, Napoleon would hate him. Tongue

I wonder if he'll come back again for a day through the help of Fortuneteller Baba (sorry, obligatory DBZ reference was irresistable here) like he did a few months ago.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2013, 12:52:25 PM »

Maybe we can catch him and put him in a wax museum. Evil
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2013, 12:54:03 PM »

Rest assured, I PM him all the time, hoping he'll come back. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2013, 12:55:24 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2013, 12:57:17 PM by President Napoleon »

I have had talked with Purple State actually. And I am not a hater.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2013, 12:57:31 PM »

Rest assured, I PM him all the time, hoping he'll come back. Tongue

I would hate to see his inbox. Tongue

No wonder the forum is so slow these days, you probably sent him 10,000 by now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies