TJ's Result Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:36:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  TJ's Result Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TJ's Result Thread  (Read 8007 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 10, 2013, 09:10:45 AM »
« edited: May 10, 2013, 09:15:48 AM by Gass3268 »

One of the main things this shows is how Madison/Dane County needs to clean up their municipality lines!

Also that ward on campus is home to the two nicest dorms on campus and I think they cost the most too. Not surprising they are more conservative Tongue
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 04:51:18 PM »

Madison is up there with Columbus interms of messed up municipality lines. Though, Columbus is in a league of its own.

There still are a lot of townships that are slowly getting eaten up. The Town of Madison, which is between Madison and Fitchburg, though an agreement between the two cities, will be gone by 2020. I'm also guessing that a lot of Blooming Grove and Burke to the east of Madison will be gone too.   
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 10:41:29 PM »

I'm not sure what if anything else I'm going to do with this thread but I wanted somewhere to post this map of Madison, WI by ward with 2012 presidential results (by 2-party Obama vote):

Obama won every ward. His strongest areas were the eastern end of the isthmus and near east side.

Romney's best area was the Far West Side and to a lesser extent the Far East Side and campus. Interestingly, Madison is liberal enough that the campus area is relatively one of the more Republican parts of town. There were three wards where Obama was under 60%: two on the far west side and one on campus (and as far as I can tell the one on campus has only dorm buildings as far as residential buildings are concerned).

Do you have precinct result data from Milwaukee County, or Waukesha County, both of those would be very interesting, also the reason the eastern side is more democratic is because more native Madison people live there instead of Campus kids, on top of that there is more minority vote overall, even though Madison is a white city.

Actually the main minority neighborhoods in Madison are in the southern part of the city near Fitchburg. Also here is the Wisconsin voting data for 2012:

http://gab.wi.gov/elections-voting/results/2012/fall-general
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 10:43:41 PM »

I was visting grad schools during the primary, but if I was back home I would have voted for Santorum. Tongue
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 01:50:11 AM »

I already know, so I won't spoil anyone else's fun, but this map does a good job of also exposing some of the socioeconomic differences in the city.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies