2016 Official Polling Map Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:33:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  2016 Official Polling Map Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 Official Polling Map Thread  (Read 119346 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« on: July 05, 2013, 08:03:10 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks it's too early to call the 2016 race for anyone?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 01:44:36 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks it's too early to call the 2016 race for anyone?

No. Everyone knew in the spring of 1988 that George H W Bush was going to lose to Mike Dukakis. Whoops!

At this point I would not call a race between Chris Christie and Hillary Clinton anything but too close to predict. But the maps clearly show that Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, and Paul Ryan are not Presidential material. Hillary Clinton is.

Note the tie between Hillary Clinton and Chris Christie in Ohio. Ohio is about as close to a microcosm of America as any state can be, and has voted with the winner in all but two Presidential elections in the last century. Maybe Quinnipiac has some kinks to iron out in its Colorado and Ohio polls -- but Q did well in 2012.

Q was surprising because they pretty much had a Kerry landslide. Marco Rubio could easily win the presidency but I'm not predicting him or anyone to do so. Chris Christie and Hillary Clinton is a good possibility but Ben-Ghazi could come back when she least expects it. She also has a lot of ties to her "husband" not always in good ways. I think the map is very interesting as it shows a very typical election with all things being equal. The only thing is that things are never equal. Every election and in pretty much every state there are circumstances effecting voters. I agree Paul Ryan will lose early to in the middle of the primaries and so will Rand Paul. If Bob McDonnell was more popular he'd have a chance too. I can't think of a single Democrat who is electable in 2016 besides Hillary Clinton so if she runs she should be the nominee.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 06:07:08 PM »

I think Cory Booker is a qualified nominee for the democrats, the only problem is that he has such a low name recognition outside of the northeast that he couldn't win the primaries.

Name recognition is huge in primaries. By the general election both candidates have 95% name recognition or close to it. It's all speculation right now but fun to think about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies