47,076 people...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:55:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  47,076 people...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 47,076 people...  (Read 5342 times)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 03:20:41 AM »

I would like to know who the five people are who voted for Obama in King County, Texas.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2013, 05:03:51 AM »

The northern cluster of >60% precincts is the whitest part of the city (over 80% white), and appears fairly wealthy as well.

That cluster is the wealthiest part of the city. Pacific Heights right near the Presidio and just north of Jackson St (fun fact: Nancy Pelosi lives in this enclave, I've seen her in church). We are talking Hearst family and up type wealth. the real-life plutocrats.
We're talking the people who sacrifice human effigies to their owl god at Bohemian Grove, and as a sideline run the United States. Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 07:35:54 AM »

The northern cluster of >60% precincts is the whitest part of the city (over 80% white), and appears fairly wealthy as well.

That cluster is the wealthiest part of the city. Pacific Heights right near the Presidio and just north of Jackson St (fun fact: Nancy Pelosi lives in this enclave, I've seen her in church). We are talking Hearst family and up type wealth. the real-life plutocrats.
We're talking the people who sacrifice human effigies to their owl god at Bohemian Grove, and as a sideline run the United States. Smiley

Insert relevant homophobic Nixon quote here.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 02:20:42 PM »

How about the 21,381 people in DC who voted for the party whose core message is to destroy DC's economy?

Lobbyists.

I am surprised Romney didn't get more votes in DC since asides from history when you look at the demographics I would think Romney's support should be in the teens.  This means Obama got close to 80% of the white male vote and there are few if any other locations where Obama got over 2/3 of the white male vote.  In most parts of the US, the white males vote GOP but at the very least even in the more Democrat areas you always have quite a sizeable minority of white males who vote GOP.
timothyinMD

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 12:52:32 PM »

How about the 21,381 people in DC who voted for the party whose core message is to destroy DC's economy?

As opposed to the 90.91% of the city who voted themselves jobs and public assistance paid for with other peoples' money
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 03:50:52 PM »

As opposed to the 90.91% of the city who voted themselves jobs and public assistance paid for with other peoples' money
Right. Who doesn't want a job?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 05:55:44 PM »

I'm sure somewhere out there, there were at least a couple of Hipsters so deeply seeped in their own irony that they voted for Romney ironically.

Wouldn't it be more ironic to write in Nader or vote Jill Stein
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies