Hillary Clinton Debuts New Website
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:57:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton Debuts New Website
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Debuts New Website  (Read 7512 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2013, 01:01:07 AM »

I am frantically preparing to support anyone who isn't Hillary or Cuomo in the Democratic primaries in four years.

Kos would be so proud!

The Daily Kos is going to feel so weird to read if Hillary becomes president...

That trash is already unreadable. EmoProgs are only topped by Tea Party "Patriots" in their irrationality.

Don't know what you are talking about, Kos seems pretty excited for her potentially running:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/04/1184561/-2016-can-be-Hillary-s

If she can get the backing of the Kos types I don't see a viable alternative coming forth.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2013, 01:03:47 AM »

She's gonna look like a turtle when she's really old.

Just what will you look like when YOU get old ?..... #hateful. I believe she is aging gracefully but has had a difficult past couple of years. She needs some rest and she will be fine.

I'm not sure. What about you?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2013, 07:37:08 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2013, 07:38:59 AM by Plain Ol' Prole Griffin »

She's had work done before - I imagine she would again if she chooses to run. She'll also probably shed a few pounds over the next couple of years. They've certainly made her look thinner in the site's photo than she appears in video as of late. I think the main difference between 2008 and 2016 will be that she actually keeps her hair this time.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2013, 08:39:55 AM »

I am frantically preparing to support anyone who isn't Hillary or Cuomo in the Democratic primaries in four years.

Kos would be so proud!

The Daily Kos is going to feel so weird to read if Hillary becomes president...

That trash is already unreadable. EmoProgs are only topped by Tea Party "Patriots" in their irrationality.

Don't know what you are talking about, Kos seems pretty excited for her potentially running:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/04/1184561/-2016-can-be-Hillary-s

If she can get the backing of the Kos types I don't see a viable alternative coming forth.

Talking about the site in general (including the comments section), not just Kos himself. It seems most there are very critical of her (and any somewhat moderate).
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2013, 09:31:32 AM »

I think Clinton's aging well. The hair is really working for her.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2013, 10:10:29 AM »

It's kind of embarrassing that most of the comments on here are about her appearance rather than her actual abilities as a politician.
bballrox4717

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.65

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2013, 10:53:01 AM »

Cheesy
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2013, 11:12:24 AM »

The kos crowd isn't too pleased with her, and that would be a problem for her if she runs; I think she'd have to make some efforts to win over the netroots. There's no question about that.

IF she runs (and that's still by no means guaranteed), one of the issues she's going to run into is what she wants to run on. Running a hollow Mark Penn-style campaign like she did in 2008 would be the worst thing she could do. She needs to recognize that people respond to matters of the heart in campaigns, and that to run a successful campaign you need to appeal to people at that emotional level. She must avoid appearing as if she's just coasting on her reputation at all costs.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2013, 11:31:31 AM »

It's kind of embarrassing that most of the comments on here are about her appearance rather than her actual abilities as a politician.

There's a reason why there are no women on Atlas.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2013, 12:03:52 PM »

traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2013, 12:14:05 PM »

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2013, 03:13:22 PM »

Why did I make this thread?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2013, 03:26:24 PM »

Very embarrassing.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2013, 03:29:38 PM »

Hey, just look at the threads on Betty Sutton and Tulsi Gabbard. But it's okay guys. Once the idea of women in politics stops becoming such a novelty (if it ever does), the threshold for discussing looks will get a lot higher. Plus, we'll probably get some more female members in Atlas.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2013, 04:22:29 PM »

I couldn't care less how my President looks, male or female. I only care about how she would govern, and maybe how good a speaker/debater she is.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2013, 04:24:53 PM »

Very embarrassing.

Umm...weren't you the one who made a comment about her looking like a turtle when she gets older?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2013, 04:59:14 PM »

Very embarrassing.

Umm...weren't you the one who made a comment about her looking like a turtle when she gets older?

I remember posting something to that effect, but it wasn't a comment on her appearance. I can't control that some people interpreted it as a superficial comment. When I studied acting we had to look at our face and figure out how it would age (there are 2 different ways) so that we could properly apply stage and aging makeup. We didn't form superficial cliques based on how our faces would age. LoL
seanNJ9
United States

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2013, 05:07:43 PM »

Very embarrassing.

I remember posting something to that effect, but it wasn't a comment on her appearance. I can't control that some people interpreted it as a superficial comment. When I studied acting we had to look at our face and figure out how it would age (there are 2 different ways) so that we could properly apply stage and aging makeup. We didn't form superficial cliques based on how our faces would age. LoL

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2013, 05:53:41 PM »

Very embarrassing.

Based on your wonderful bold job you seem to be under the impression that just because Sbane interpreted my comment as a comment on her appearance that it is automatically true. As I made abundantly clear, it was a comment about the way she is going to age. Like I said, I can't control how superficial some people are when they take that to be a bad thing.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2013, 03:19:24 AM »

I wonder if anyone who isn't living under a rock would bet a large amount of money that she isn't running.
  Depends on what you consider large and what the odds are.  It isn't a bet I'd take at even odds, but even if she remains healthy, I don't consider it a forgone conclusion she will run.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2013, 04:19:41 AM »

If you think appearance won't be a factor in how well she does electorally, then the most charitable opinion I can have of you is that you are naïve.  Plus, in the case of Hillary, her appearance is the best available guide we have to speculate on whether she has the energy that would be needed to both run for President and hold that office if she were to win.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2013, 11:25:50 AM »

If you think appearance won't be a factor in how well she does electorally, then the most charitable opinion I can have of you is that you are naïve.  Plus, in the case of Hillary, her appearance is the best available guide we have to speculate on whether she has the energy that would be needed to both run for President and hold that office if she were to win.

I acknowledge that appearance is a strong factor for the success of female politicians (and male politicians, to a lesser extent), I just think that it shouldn't be that way.  Unfortunately large portions of the country are still stuck in the 1950's.  I just expected better from this forum.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2013, 05:03:17 PM »

I acknowledge that appearance is a strong factor for the success of female politicians (and male politicians, to a lesser extent), I just think that it shouldn't be that way.  Unfortunately large portions of the country are still stuck in the 1950's.  I just expected better from this forum.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2013, 08:29:35 AM »

I acknowledge that appearance is a strong factor for the success of female politicians (and male politicians, to a lesser extent), I just think that it shouldn't be that way.

Why? Physical appearance is a not unreasonable factor to use to judge the health and energy of a person, and those certainly are reasonable things to consider when electing someone to a political office.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2013, 11:29:11 PM »

I assume she will "rethink" her opposition to gay marriage rather soon?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies