Who would you rather appoint as a judge?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 11:27:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who would you rather appoint as a judge?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who would you rather appoint as a judge?
opebo

Inks

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: Who would you rather appoint as a judge?  (Read 3281 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 02:26:46 AM »

Depends on how long it'd take to read a lot of case briefs.

Well, I guess you don't have to read all of the case briefs... if you read the evaluation section in all of them, you'd get the general picture.  Although it'd still take at least 2 hours probably.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 02:33:35 AM »

Inks.  I can't imagine why anyone would think opebo would be a better judge than he.

Because he is so obsessed with enforcing the literal word of the law with no room for flexibility and leeway.

That's not true. The problem he just makes the law up himself, there is no literal word of the law.

Bullsh**t.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 10:29:49 AM »

Inks is the definition of Lawful Neutral.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 07:47:15 PM »

opebo
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 12:30:34 PM »

BRTD, I'm a bit disappointed you haven't accepted my offer.  Once again, forum members go around making untrue assumptions.
I'll accept.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 12:31:49 PM »

Anyone notice how no mod complaints since the judge recused himself in the last week?  I think this self-imposed timeout is good for Inks.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 01:25:04 PM »

Anyone notice how no mod complaints since the judge recused himself in the last week?  I think this self-imposed timeout is good for Inks.

Does Simfan's complaint not count?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »

Do I get to see the briefs?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 01:32:19 PM »

I wear Hane's boxer shorts.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »

Only mods get to see his briefs.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 01:39:10 PM »

... He's on the pro-Inks side, so that's to be expected?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 01:53:01 PM »

Yeah - PM me your email address.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »

Nope.  Unless you guys are taking over Nym and Dave's domain and infracting on the Atlas Board.   And I meant no complaints on the FC/OT boards, as I'm sure you know.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 02:06:50 PM »

Nope.  Unless you guys are taking over Nym and Dave's domain and infracting on the Atlas Board.   And I meant no complaints on the FC/OT boards, as I'm sure you know.

Oh - I thought you meant no mod complaints in general.  Wasn't that the whole point of the earlier discussion was that I'm allegedly the only one who overreacts and thus has the majority of complaints made against him?  So I thought you were referring to that.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 02:18:45 PM »

Oh - I thought you meant no mod complaints in general.  Wasn't that the whole point of the earlier discussion was that I'm allegedly the only one who overreacts and thus has the majority of complaints made against him?  So I thought you were referring to that.

Other than Simi's whining......any others you've noticed?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 02:20:24 PM »

So Simfan does it and it's whining, but someone complains about me and it's valid?  Bullsh**t.

And what's with your recent obsession with me and my moderatorship?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2013, 02:22:39 PM »

So Simfan does it and it's whining, but someone complains about me and it's valid?  Bullsh**t.

Nothing, I said it's good for you to take a time out, and I sincerely mean it, cause you're fine young lad who seems quite exasperated.  And I don't meant to be a dick, but if we simply count threads about moderator issues, whoever infracted Simi might not have one thread about him.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2013, 02:24:47 PM »

Nothing, I said it's good for you to take a time out, and I sincerely mean it, cause you're fine young lad who seems quite exasperated.  And I don't meant to be a dick, but if we simply count threads about moderator issues, whoever infracted Simi might not have one thread about him.

OK - but I've already taken a break from modding these boards... why are you continuing to kick the dead horse?  It's not like I'm coming back to modding the boards any time soon, if ever.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2013, 02:28:25 PM »

OK - but I've already taken a break from modding these boards... why are you continuing to kick the dead horse?  It's not like I'm coming back to modding the boards any time soon, if ever.

That wasn't my intent.....but ok.  You know you sound just like Phil.....I think you two are tooooooo much alike.  Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2013, 02:32:58 PM »

That wasn't my intent.....but ok.  You know you sound just like Phil.....I think you two are tooooooo much alike.  Tongue

The guy who's obsessing over me is saying other people act like Phil?  Irony of the year right there.

In fact - looking through The Atlas board, your whole premise for alleging that most of the complaints against mods is against me is bogus.  The only recent complaints were the Inks should be demoded and Inks posted a PM.  (Unless you're going to count Phil's thread as well, but then you'd have to count Simfan's, since Phil's thread complained about infractions, not the mod, and Simfan didn't name a mod since he didn't know who the mod was).

But in terms of complaining about infractions, compared to other boards, complaints about FC don't outweight the others that much if at all.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2013, 02:38:34 PM »

1) 20 something.
2) Pretty smart.
3) Republican.
4) Nasty temper.
5) Won't let things drop.
6) Must win at all cost.

Which poster am I describing?  Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2013, 02:48:58 PM »

Nasty temper? I've been pretty calm with you, considering my current thoughts at the moment.
Won't let things drop?  I was content with letting all this go away until you kept posting, "I thought you were on leave?"
Must win?  I've stopped modding... that's the ultimate loss.
The other three have nothing to do with personality.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2013, 12:41:52 AM »

yes, a ton, but it all happened earlier and was aimed at Inks.  Perhaps you missed it as you were standing in the eye of the whinicane at the time.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2013, 12:44:16 AM »

Leave Inks alone. He's left us alone, there's no reason to pile on him.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2013, 08:29:10 AM »

Leave Inks alone. He's left us alone, there's no reason to pile on him.

Actually he's leaving people alone now - its quite a new phenomenon.  The reason there is a little spate of venom at this point is - it was building up over the last few years, during which everyone was terrified of him.  Now, people feel they can safely speak out (whether this is reasonable remains to be seen) so they're airing their grievances and resentment.  It will all die down after he takes his medicine (if he does).  People will forgive and forget if in fact he does continue to lay off.

I for one forgive immediately, and welcome his mercy.  However I also understand and sympathize with those who don't.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies