decreasing sex drive
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:00:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  decreasing sex drive
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: decreasing sex drive  (Read 3083 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 03, 2013, 12:39:22 PM »

do any of our members around my age notice this?  I am certainly less and less consistently desiring of sex than I was at, say, age 15-19 or so.  it's still there but I can go a good several hours without thinking about it, and if I find myself sexually inactive for extended periods it does not beat me up inside like it used to.

keep in mind I am not complaining, I have long wished for this to happen, and at different points, and with different therapists have even referred to sex as "the defining negative of my life".
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 12:51:37 PM »

No, my poor memory prevents me noticing change.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »

Having your head stuffed up your own ass tends to do that.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 01:39:58 PM »

Isn't sex the ultimate form of production?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 05:27:46 PM »

All I can say is thank God! I don't have the same sex-drive I had when I was a teenager, I'd pretty much get nothing done!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 05:30:17 PM »

I noticed - in retrospect - that around my 22nd birthday, I did stop caring as much and the notches on my belt certainly slowed down. I've never been one that had that high of a sex drive anyway, but it was noticeable.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 05:53:10 PM »

When I moved out of my frat house and stopped getting ****** up all the time I noticed a marked increase in my interest in sex.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »

A lot of meds will do that to you. SSRIs are notorious for making people fat and uninterested in sex. And they don't work very well for their intended purpose either. If a pill's gonna make you fat and flaccid, it should at least make you feel like a million bucks.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 07:55:02 PM »

Fair point. Of course, not so much with rubber. Then it becomes an incredibly time-consuming form of recreation.

Truth. Rubbers are the worst.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 08:08:27 PM »

Fair point. Of course, not so much with rubber. Then it becomes an incredibly time-consuming form of recreation.

Nope. A loaded diaper is the worst.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 08:57:23 PM »

A lot of meds will do that to you. SSRIs are notorious for making people fat and uninterested in sex. And they don't work very well for their intended purpose either. If a pill's gonna make you fat and flaccid, it should at least make you feel like a million bucks.

good chance you've hit the nail on the head here.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 07:05:53 AM »

People seriously use condoms for birth-control?  That's bizarre.  I thought they were only used because of fear of hiv.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 07:59:10 AM »

People seriously use condoms for birth-control?  That's bizarre.  I thought they were only used because of fear of hiv.

Is that not a legitimate fear, in your opinion?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 07:59:04 PM »

So you would hope she was on the pill? or the Rhythm Method?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 07:23:43 AM »

Of course it is, sometimes, but obviously that depends on the situation.  For heterosexual middle class white kids doing serial monogamy at the university, no, its probably not a major consideration.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 12:15:17 PM »

Heterosexual seems like an odd disclaimer here, since it's obviously not a consideration for homosexuals.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 12:27:19 PM »

Heterosexual seems like an odd disclaimer here, since it's obviously not a consideration for homosexuals.

Sorry, I was talking about the disease factor.  I guess I got that backwards.  But yeah, I don't find pregnancy to be any kind of major concern at all.  I practiced the 'withdrawal' (or is it coitus interruptus?) method for decades and never had any problems at all.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 10:40:53 AM »

Sorry, I was talking about the disease factor.  I guess I got that backwards.  But yeah, I don't find pregnancy to be any kind of major concern at all.  I practiced the 'withdrawal' (or is it coitus interruptus?) method for decades and never had any problems at all.
You are aware of the fact that that is purely chance, but that method doesn't actually work 100%, aren't you ?

Of course if you are in a relationship, you can be able to know if your partner is on the pill or whatever, but if you have random partners, your best shot at not having to acknowledge an offspring 9 months later is the condom.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 11:08:45 AM »

Of course it is, sometimes, but obviously that depends on the situation.  For heterosexual middle class white kids doing serial monogamy at the university, no, its probably not a major consideration.

True, HIV transmission rates during vaginal sex, particularly from female to male, are incredibly low. Even taking into account that only 1/1000 or so are infected in most of Europe (slightly...but not a whole lot....higher in America).

But it should certainly be a concern the way you practice sex, opebo... Wink

That said, the best way to keep HIV rates low is to encourage safer sex. So I suppose it's a very good thing that most people think the odds at getting HIV are higher than they really are.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 12:30:29 PM »

Mainline testy, like Torie does.  Problem solved!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 12:39:25 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2013, 12:41:27 PM by Torie »

Mainline testy, like Torie does.  Problem solved!

I am about as virile now as I was at about 30 or so. Smiley  Of course, that makes me still less virile than most of the young studs that hang here. Sad  

Losing the flab and muscling up also helps a lot too actually. Life is not all about drugs - just most of it. Tongue
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 01:56:54 PM »

True, HIV transmission rates during vaginal sex, particularly from female to male, are incredibly low. Even taking into account that only 1/1000 or so are infected in most of Europe (slightly...but not a whole lot....higher in America).

That said, the best way to keep HIV rates low is to encourage safer sex. So I suppose it's a very good thing that most people think the odds at getting HIV are higher than they really are.
^^^^^^^^^^
Humanity really dodged a bullet with HIV. As destructive and sad as the pandemic has been, if it were easier to spread we could be looking at a new worldwide Black Death.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 05:19:04 PM »

Sounds a bit low - the percentage that's supposed to be infected in the US is like 1/150 if I remember rightly, and 1/1000 might be right for some Scandinavian/Benelux countries and Germany, but for the rest of Europe it is at least double that rate, generally more the further south you go.

As for Thailand it is more of a concern here because of the higher rate (1.3% or 1 in 78 people) as well as other factors.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 11:54:09 PM »

Sounds a bit low - the percentage that's supposed to be infected in the US is like 1/150 if I remember rightly, and 1/1000 might be right for some Scandinavian/Benelux countries and Germany, but for the rest of Europe it is at least double that rate, generally more the further south you go.

As for Thailand it is more of a concern here because of the higher rate (1.3% or 1 in 78 people) as well as other factors.

Well, it probably helps if some of the people you're sleeping with were born without a functioning uterus.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 07:55:50 AM »

it's more that i realized i was asexual to begin with the last year or so. sexual confusion is the worst.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies