Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:46:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 130571 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: March 20, 2013, 09:25:34 PM »

I went to church this evening, and while it wasn't a big service being only a Wednesday night, it was enough for tonight.  After the service some of the guys and I played a little pick up basketball outside on the basketball slab.  I played about 15-20 minutes before letting the younger fellas play themselves the last 15 minutes.  Then, I had a good talk with my pastor and cousin (same person, btw).  I look forward to joining him again in the ministry of that congregation as I prepare for my higher calling - missions in Kenya.  Many people serve as missionaries in all denominations, I am just called to be one of them, nothing more, nothing less.  If God is for me than who can be against me?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1701 on: March 20, 2013, 09:28:44 PM »

Patrick, that is really uncalled for.

he meets two African children over course of what a week and is proclaiming to be their father. I just can't process this. I just find it completely detached from reality and plain weird. I suppose it is an unkind analogy but the thought processes behind the pathology I find similar.  I really want Bushie to move forward and wish him the best but I really see no good for anyone coming from this.  He is just going to get his heart broken.

I agree it's weird, but positing hypotheticals that involve other posters committing serious crimes is probably something to be avoided.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1702 on: March 20, 2013, 09:35:06 PM »

I went to church this evening, and while it wasn't a big service being only a Wednesday night, it was enough for tonight.  After the service some of the guys and I played a little pick up basketball outside on the basketball slab.  I played about 15-20 minutes before letting the younger fellas play themselves the last 15 minutes.  Then, I had a good talk with my pastor and cousin (same person, btw).  I look forward to joining him again in the ministry of that congregation as I prepare for my higher calling - missions in Kenya.  Many people serve as missionaries in all denominations, I am just called to be one of them, nothing more, nothing less.  If God is for me than who can be against me?

Why don't you just become a full time pastor? They are paid, correct?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1703 on: March 20, 2013, 09:41:10 PM »

Why don't you just become a full time pastor? They are paid, correct?

He doesn't have any formal seminary or theological education (not a big deal to me granted as I have pastors that don't either, but then the second point) and he's obviously not charismatic or inspiring in any way. Like watch this guy. It's easy to see why he can inspire and convert people (even if you don't agree with him or what he's preaching, you can at least see why he's successful), now try to imagine Bushie in the same situation (and let's be honest, the fact that he doesn't look Bushie certainly plays a role too. Like I admitted, it's probably not coincidental that most of the females I've seen preaching have been quite attractive.)

Not to mention that he's blogged every detail of his life for the past 2 1/2 years, including many not too flattering or Christ-like aspects.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1704 on: March 20, 2013, 09:48:15 PM »

Also patrick's post at least made me laugh.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1705 on: March 20, 2013, 09:49:06 PM »

he meets two African children over course of what a week and is proclaiming to be their father. I just can't process this. I just find it completely detached from reality and plain weird. I suppose it is an unkind analogy but the thought processes behind the pathology I find similar.  I really want Bushie to move forward and wish him the best but I really see no good for anyone coming from this.  He is just going to get his heart broken.

I agree it's weird, but positing hypotheticals that involve other posters committing serious crimes is probably something to be avoided.

I was going more for a parallel universe steeped in some nice gender stereotyping, but I have deleted.

Hate to be a Greek chorus but this won't end well- Straight up delusional behavior.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1706 on: March 20, 2013, 09:50:23 PM »

I was going more for a parallel universe steeped in some nice gender stereotyping, but I have deleted.

Hate to be a Greek chorus but this won't end well- Straight up delusional behavior.

But immortalized in the Comedy Goldmine. Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1707 on: March 20, 2013, 11:08:11 PM »

Patrick just made this (pretty worthless on the whole) thread worth something.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1708 on: March 20, 2013, 11:16:48 PM »

The orphanage told you they were their father? Really? Typically your $35/month goes not only to them, but to the other kids as well, but who knows. I may research this Maisha to see for myself. That sounds insane that they would call you their father when you have not adopted them.

My recollection from how Bushie explained this when it first came up is that Bushie himself offered to call them his father on his initiative.  That he asked the orphanage if it would be appropriate to do so, and they said that since he's their only source of support, sure.  But he can correct me if I'm remembering this wrong.

No, you are correct.

So then this was a lie: "I only call myself their father is because that's what Maisha views me as, their father, because I am their sole financial provider."
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1709 on: March 20, 2013, 11:18:26 PM »

But, seriously, the time has come to lock the thread and ban the weirdo. This addiction is not good for any of you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1710 on: March 20, 2013, 11:20:20 PM »

It seems to me from doing some thinking and recollection is that fall 2015 may be too early to do an incubation period and fall 2016 may be too soon to move to Kisumu, however what I could do is start off in Nairobi in the Fall 2016 and then sometime later transfer over to Kisumu. I really believe that I will be in Kenya by Christmas 2016. At least in Nairobi, I can live in an "expat community" and still have quite a few of the comforts of Oklahoma, while living and working in Kenya. Then, I can either choose to live in the volunteer home at Maisha or, at my expense, live in an apartment or something like that. I've been doing some reading on expat living in Kenya. It's mainly talking about Nairobi, but I'm sure a lot is the same for Kisumu.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1711 on: March 20, 2013, 11:46:57 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2013, 11:59:40 PM by Eraserhead »

he meets two African children over course of what a week and is proclaiming to be their father. I just can't process this. I just find it completely detached from reality and plain weird. I suppose it is an unkind analogy but the thought processes behind the pathology I find similar.  I really want Bushie to move forward and wish him the best but I really see no good for anyone coming from this.  He is just going to get his heart broken.

Mr. Morden seems to have become something of a Bushie apologist interestingly.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1712 on: March 21, 2013, 12:09:02 AM »

I find it kind of startling that if my original plan for Kenya were to work out, I would be doing my "Kenya Move in Beta" one year from now and moving to Kenya officially in just two years.  That was before I received the plans from Maisha of the volunteer home.  Now, God could change things all of a sudden and I could leave next year or the year after.  Heck, I've got to be sensitive to the call.  He could lay on my heart to move down there this summer and I would have to scramble to make the necessary arrangements (plane tickets, employment, housing, vaccinations, etc) done really fast.  I have to be sensitive to His still small voice that He so often speaks in.  Thankfully, God has not called me to leave anytime this year, and I'm not sensing any calls for 2014 at this time, and I'm sensing of August 2016 at this present time.  I just have to be ready if He does decide to change things up.  He owns my life to use for His kingdom, so He can do with it what He wants.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1713 on: March 21, 2013, 12:52:45 AM »

he meets two African children over course of what a week and is proclaiming to be their father. I just can't process this. I just find it completely detached from reality and plain weird. I suppose it is an unkind analogy but the thought processes behind the pathology I find similar.  I really want Bushie to move forward and wish him the best but I really see no good for anyone coming from this.  He is just going to get his heart broken.

Mr. Morden seems to have become something of a Bushie apologist interestingly.

I haven't really changed.  It's just that the tone that everyone else is taking has gotten harsher.

I still have questions about how much of what Bushie says is real.  I had similar questions years ago, back when many here still believed everything he said.  I just don't see the point of constantly bringing those up in every post.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1714 on: March 21, 2013, 01:28:11 AM »

I find it kind of startling that if my original plan for Kenya were to work out, I would be doing my "Kenya Move in Beta" one year from now and moving to Kenya officially in just two years.  That was before I received the plans from Maisha of the volunteer home.  Now, God could change things all of a sudden and I could leave next year or the year after.  Heck, I've got to be sensitive to the call.  He could lay on my heart to move down there this summer and I would have to scramble to make the necessary arrangements (plane tickets, employment, housing, vaccinations, etc) done really fast.  I have to be sensitive to His still small voice that He so often speaks in.  Thankfully, God has not called me to leave anytime this year, and I'm not sensing any calls for 2014 at this time, and I'm sensing of August 2016 at this present time.  I just have to be ready if He does decide to change things up.  He owns my life to use for His kingdom, so He can do with it what He wants.

Do you have some sort of Godometer that you check every morning to determine what sort of masochistic actions He wants you to perform next? This is starting to sound pretty kinky!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1715 on: March 21, 2013, 04:58:52 AM »

Maybe you should just move to Kenya right now and go into survivalist mode. At least that will help with the weight loss.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1716 on: March 21, 2013, 08:40:13 AM »

Maybe you should just move to Kenya right now and go into survivalist mode. At least that will help with the weight loss.

Again, its a matter of timing.  The time just is not right.  I would love to move right now, but the time just is not right.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1717 on: March 21, 2013, 08:51:39 AM »

Wow, just wow.

Congratulations, Bushie. I never meet, even on the internet, a person who's more full of bulls**t than you.

For a long time I naively hoped you're just, to put it politely, not a bright bulb. It turns out to be worse.

You're using every opportunity to proclaim how big Christian you are. But are you acting like a good Christian? No, you committ a sin after sin with no remorse whatsoever. You're lying, scamming, taking advantage of everybody, including your own parents (while it should be you who supports them, are you 10 or something?) and manipulating with feelings of poor kids in orphanage for your own personal gratification.

It seems the only use you have from religion is pulling the "God's will" as an excuse to remain an egoistic, self-centered jerk.

I have no sympathy for you and if you insist to continue your low path, then I sincerely wish you burn in hell.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1718 on: March 21, 2013, 09:14:15 AM »

I love you, too, Kal!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1719 on: March 21, 2013, 09:58:32 AM »

Is it bad that I laughed at this? Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1720 on: March 21, 2013, 11:01:40 AM »

Hell no, I sigged it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1721 on: March 21, 2013, 12:39:44 PM »

So Jeff, are you going to actually acknowledge that you lied about why you call yourself these kids' "father"?  The fact that you do it is bad enough, but now you're lying about why you do it... get off the Internet and seek me help already.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1722 on: March 21, 2013, 12:41:03 PM »

So Jeff, are you going to actually acknowledge that you lied about why you call yourself these kids' "father"?   The fact that you do it is bad enough, but now you're lying about why you do it... get off the Internet and seek me help already.

Wait, did I miss an episode?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1723 on: March 21, 2013, 12:46:41 PM »

So Jeff, are you going to actually acknowledge that you lied about why you call yourself these kids' "father"?   The fact that you do it is bad enough, but now you're lying about why you do it... get off the Internet and seek me help already.

Wait, did I miss an episode?

No, I just forgot what I said almost a year ago.  The quote that Mr. Morden brought up is correct and still stands as correct.  So, what I will admit to is forgetting what I said, not intentionally lying.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1724 on: March 21, 2013, 01:14:44 PM »

If you wish to remain a pathetic fraud, be my guest.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies