Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 03:16:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 130765 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: March 18, 2013, 02:41:06 PM »

Are you now accusing me of taking over my father's bedroom when it was his idea, and his idea alone?  I just agreed to it.  I was perfectly fine living in those cramped quarters, but my father couldn't bear the sight of seeing me cramped up like that.

Yeah, I would have refused you Dad's offer to decamp myself, but that's just me.

Saint Torie.

It's sad that you think actually trying to find a job makes someone crazy.

Everybody thinks that Inks.  Please stop picking on Bush.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1551 on: March 18, 2013, 03:19:33 PM »

Application 5 has been submitted and there is enough time in the day that I am headed to application 6 before I bead home for the evening.

Inks, that was sarcasm. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1552 on: March 18, 2013, 03:41:53 PM »

Application 6 is submitted.  I am exhausted so I am calling it a day.  I drove by 2 additional places that I missed the app cutoff time, so I will hit these up on Wednesday.  So, I attempted 8 places, and successfully submitted 6 applications.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1553 on: March 18, 2013, 04:05:11 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bout .22 miles max eh? Assuming "a few" equals 5 times to be generous, we are up to about a mile per week. Splendid!  How long does it take for you to circumnavigate your parents' spread?

I walk further than that from my car to the office, and then from my office to my restaurant, and then it's probably about .2 miles roundtrip between my main restaurant and the tea cart that I visit 4-5 times per day at work.

I jut calculated it, and in an average day at work, I walk 2.8 miles.  And I'm just fine at the end of the day.

Do you weigh around 300 pounds?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1554 on: March 18, 2013, 04:21:22 PM »

After 6 hours, 118.6 miles, 6 applications and 2 drive-by's I am home. I wanted to maximize my time out today since I live so far from most things in Oklahoma City. I am pooped.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1555 on: March 18, 2013, 06:00:33 PM »

Yes, a 6 hour day must be exhausting.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1556 on: March 18, 2013, 06:08:42 PM »

I am advocating a work week under 30 hours, yes it's exhausting.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1557 on: March 18, 2013, 06:09:06 PM »

As for the question, I'll be paid a stipend while living and working down there, enough to survive on without becoming another mouth to feed.  The volunteer home won't charge any room and board, so I will have no housing bill.  I will either eat at Maisha or in downtown Kisumu, so the food bill remains a question and I will have some money to be able to shop at Nak-u-Matt (Kenya's version of Walmart) to get clothes or snacks or stuff like that.

I see, and are you also going to work (somewhere?) during your ~6 month trips back to the USA?  And staying with your parents then?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1558 on: March 18, 2013, 07:14:45 PM »

Done even a scintilla of physical exercise in the last week Bushie, other than perambulating from your room (that you took over from your father because it was more commodious for you) to the frig? 

I've done some walking.  Not near enough, but I am.

Are you now accusing me of taking over my father's bedroom when it was his idea, and his idea alone?  I just agreed to it.  I was perfectly fine living in those cramped quarters, but my father couldn't bear the sight of seeing me cramped up like that.

If your father couldn't see you suffer living in a small room, how could you see him suffer living in a room like that?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1559 on: March 18, 2013, 07:14:53 PM »

So how many applications per day does this average since you came back to Oklahoma?

So far, I've put in between 25-30 applications, so about 1 a day on average, which is pretty good considering I spent 20 of those days on my hiney doing nothing.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1560 on: March 18, 2013, 07:15:33 PM »

Done even a scintilla of physical exercise in the last week Bushie, other than perambulating from your room (that you took over from your father because it was more commodious for you) to the frig? 

I've done some walking.  Not near enough, but I am.

If your father couldn't see you suffer living in a small room, how could you see him suffer living in a room like that?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1561 on: March 18, 2013, 07:16:28 PM »

The only reason I quit when I did was the clock was running out.  I was starting to run into places that had stopped taking applications, so I figured it was time to call it a day.  Plus, 8 attempted applications and 6 successful applications is not too shabby, especially when I started off with only 3 places to go.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1562 on: March 18, 2013, 07:17:43 PM »

Please answer my question, Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1563 on: March 18, 2013, 07:25:01 PM »

He really didn't give me a choice.  He asked my opinion, but wasn't going to accept a no answer.  I told him it wasn't necessary, but he said "nonsense", so I just left it at that.  It's his house and he pays the bills so he gets to choose what room he sleeps in.  If he had never mentioned changing rooms, I would have never brought it up.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1564 on: March 18, 2013, 07:26:08 PM »

Yes, that worked out very well for you, didn't it?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1565 on: March 18, 2013, 07:28:28 PM »

It hasn't failed me, if that's what you are trying to get at.

In fact, I have not failed.  I have actually succeeded in doing things the right way, even though it's an unorthodox approach.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1566 on: March 18, 2013, 07:47:08 PM »

In fact, I have not failed.  I have actually succeeded in doing things the right way, even though it's an unorthodox approach.

No, I was not really thinking about failing. I was thinking about the way you are taking advantage of your parents. They are nice people, it must be said. Hopefully you will take good care of them when they get older.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1567 on: March 18, 2013, 07:53:18 PM »

No, I was not really thinking about failing. I was thinking about the way you are taking advantage of your parents. They are nice people, it must be said. Hopefully you will take good care of them when they get older.

Thanks for the kind word. Smiley  They are extremely nice people.  Almost too nice, I'll admit.  They are both in their early 60's (Mom 60, Dad 61), and since my brother will probably live in Florida after he retires from the Navy 15 months from now then I feel I owe it to them to stick close by and not only take care of them as they get older, but take care of my grandmother who has also been just as big of a help as my parents.  She will be 87 next month and is still in excellent health, but at 87 you never know what can happen.  I have never mentioned this, but her age is one of the biggest unspoken reasons I came back to Oklahoma last month.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1568 on: March 18, 2013, 08:13:43 PM »

They are both in their early 60's (Mom 60, Dad 61), and since my brother will probably live in Florida after he retires from the Navy 15 months from now then I feel I owe it to them to stick close by and not only take care of them as they get older, but take care of my grandmother who has also been just as big of a help as my parents.  She will be 87 next month and is still in excellent health, but at 87 you never know what can happen.  I have never mentioned this, but her age is one of the biggest unspoken reasons I came back to Oklahoma last month.

And if your grandmother is still alive when it's time to move to Kenya, will you still go?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1569 on: March 18, 2013, 08:15:23 PM »

They are both in their early 60's (Mom 60, Dad 61), and since my brother will probably live in Florida after he retires from the Navy 15 months from now then I feel I owe it to them to stick close by and not only take care of them as they get older, but take care of my grandmother who has also been just as big of a help as my parents.  She will be 87 next month and is still in excellent health, but at 87 you never know what can happen.  I have never mentioned this, but her age is one of the biggest unspoken reasons I came back to Oklahoma last month.

And if your grandmother is still alive when it's time to move to Kenya, will you still go?

She would want me to follow God's calling for my life, so yes.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1570 on: March 18, 2013, 08:23:30 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bout .22 miles max eh? Assuming "a few" equals 5 times to be generous, we are up to about a mile per week. Splendid!  How long does it take for you to circumnavigate your parents' spread?

I walk further than that from my car to the office, and then from my office to my restaurant, and then it's probably about .2 miles roundtrip between my main restaurant and the tea cart that I visit 4-5 times per day at work.

I jut calculated it, and in an average day at work, I walk 2.8 miles.  And I'm just fine at the end of the day.

Do you weigh around 300 pounds?

No, but I had a boss whose job was to go around and check on the locations, as well as do office work.  So if she did a round to all the restaurants, she walked a lot more than me, and she was over 300 pounds.  And I know of two employees who walk at least 1.5 miles a day to their restaurants, and they're pretty big (6XL shirt big).  We're talking 2.8 miles in a day, not at one time.  The point is that Jeff can handle a hell of a lot more than .22 miles a week.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1571 on: March 18, 2013, 08:24:38 PM »

After 6 hours, 118.6 miles, 6 applications and 2 drive-by's I am home. I wanted to maximize my time out today since I live so far from most things in Oklahoma City. I am pooped.

2 drive-by's in 6 hours!!!  Jeff, why didn't you tell me you were visiting Detroit?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1572 on: March 18, 2013, 08:27:25 PM »

2 drive-by's in 6 hours!!!  Jeff, why didn't you tell me you were visiting Detroit?

Sorry, forgot to tell you I was in your neck of the woods. Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1573 on: March 18, 2013, 08:29:32 PM »

Thanks for the kind word. Smiley  They are extremely nice people.  Almost too nice, I'll admit.  They are both in their early 60's (Mom 60, Dad 61), and since my brother will probably live in Florida after he retires from the Navy 15 months from now then I feel I owe it to them to stick close by and not only take care of them as they get older, but take care of my grandmother who has also been just as big of a help as my parents.  She will be 87 next month and is still in excellent health, but at 87 you never know what can happen.  I have never mentioned this, but her age is one of the biggest unspoken reasons I came back to Oklahoma last month.

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!  WE'VE GOT A WINNER, FOLKS!  Your parents are too nice, and whether you realize it or not, you're taking advantage of them.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1574 on: March 18, 2013, 11:14:38 PM »

A little update on my very tentative timeline for Kenya.  Note that the dates are different than what I posted a couple days ago.  These dates are still extremely tentative and can and likely will change.

Learn a New Trade for Both America and Kenya - August 2013 - February 2014 (4 months as of 4/1/2013)
Kenya 2013 - June 20-30, 2013 (3 months from 3/20/2013)
Kenya 2014 - October or December 2014 (18 or 20 months from 4/1/2013)
"Kenya Move in Beta" - September 2015 (29 months from 4/1/2013)
Kenya Move - August 2016 (40 months from 4/1/2013)

My primary mission will be to plant churches in Western Kenya, Eastern Uganda, and Northern Tanzania all around Lake Victoria.

As far as proper support, I would like to take the skills I learn, which looks like it will be Computer-Aided Drafting at Metro Technology Center in Oklahoma City in the 2013-2014 academic year and perfect them while I'm still in Oklahoma in 2014, 2015, and most of 2016 and take it with me to Kenya and set up shop in either Nairobi, or preferably, Kisumu, Kenya and then be able to plant churches while I'm down there.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies