Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 10:30:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 131080 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: March 13, 2013, 10:04:53 AM »

Bushie did 9 applications in an hour? That's about 6 minutes per application. How does one apply for a job in 6 minutes?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1451 on: March 13, 2013, 10:12:17 AM »

Bushie did 9 applications in an hour? That's about 6 minutes per application. How does one apply for a job in 6 minutes?

Call center jobs take that long.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1452 on: March 13, 2013, 10:24:58 AM »

Dude, relax.  Like a couple of your FB friends said, the doctor's office can call in a refill without seeing you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1453 on: March 13, 2013, 10:38:57 AM »

I know they can refill the prescription, but she said even that could take a day or two.  I had to split my last BP pill today so I can take half of it tomorrow.  I hate doing that as I could feel my blood pressure starting to rise this morning.  I just got some breakfast so hopefully that will help, but I'm kind of in a panicky state.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1454 on: March 13, 2013, 10:40:17 AM »

I know they can refill the prescription, but she said even that could take a day or two.  I had to split my last BP pill today so I can take half of it tomorrow.  I hate doing that as I could feel my blood pressure starting to rise this morning.  I just got some breakfast so hopefully that will help, but I'm kind of in a panicky state.

Here you'd be picking the script up today.....
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1455 on: March 13, 2013, 10:42:39 AM »

Keep calling the Doctor's office and make sure they call or fax in your refill. Also if they don't have done by this evening, I am sure you can get a few pills from your pharmacist to last you through the next couple of days.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1456 on: March 13, 2013, 10:54:45 AM »

Keep calling the Doctor's office and make sure they call or fax in your refill. Also if they don't have done by this evening, I am sure you can get a few pills from your pharmacist to last you through the next couple of days.

I'm going to call them when they get back from lunch at 1:00 which is two hours from now.  I've got an errand to run nearby the pharmacy/doctor's office, so I may just go down there after lunch as it would not be inconveniencing myself at all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1457 on: March 13, 2013, 12:06:34 PM »

Alright, some welcome news.  The nurse just called me back and she is turning in the medication request right now and to call the Pharmacy back about 3:00 today and see if  its ready.  Worst case scenario, I've still got a half pill I can take tomorrow so in case it is not ready until tomorrow, I'll at least have something.  It's not a full pill, but a half pill is better than no pill.  Furthermore, all my blood work came back NORMAL!!! The only thing is my sodium level was one point higher than what it should be!  My A1C (Diabetes) is sitting at a 5.0 and my normal range is between 4.5-6.5, so I'm closer than I'd like to be, but still I AM NOT A DIABETIC!!!  He'll go over that more in depth with me when I see him.  If I can get my medicine by tonight or tomorrow, I will have no worries about waiting until March 28 to see him.  I need to get my Tourette's medicine changed, but that seems minor right now and I've got enough of the current medicine to last me until middle April.  So, I'm going to wait to go down there and I'll just call the Tag Agency and see if I can find out some information before I go down there.  Anyway, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!  Keep praying I can get my medicine tonight, as that would be the best case scenario. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1458 on: March 13, 2013, 12:07:44 PM »

Also, I have my first interview from the 10 applications I put in this morning tomorrow morning, Thursday, at 9:30 am in Downtown OKC.  It's just meeting with the recruiter, but it's something!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1459 on: March 13, 2013, 12:10:36 PM »

Also, I have my first interview from the 10 applications I put in this morning tomorrow morning, Thursday, at 9:30 am in Downtown OKC.  It's just meeting with the recruiter, but it's something!
Well done on the applications, pal... good luck with the interviews!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1460 on: March 13, 2013, 12:28:57 PM »

What do you guys do in the pharmacy when the doctor can't be reached. Is there a loophole in the law that lets you sell just a few pills without a prescription? Or is it just overlooked? I'm sure things must be more rigid with controlled substances. Getting my adderall every month is a huge hassle!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1461 on: March 13, 2013, 01:00:30 PM »

What do you guys do in the pharmacy when the doctor can't be reached. Is there a loophole in the law that lets you sell just a few pills without a prescription? Or is it just overlooked? I'm sure things must be more rigid with controlled substances. Getting my adderall every month is a huge hassle!

In PA, if you go to the pharmacy you got the pills from, and it's something non-narcotic, like bp meds, cholesterol, etc....they'll give you a few and take them off of the total given when the script is filled.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1462 on: March 13, 2013, 01:49:28 PM »

Yes, for most maintenance medications which are not controls, we will usually give a few pills and then give the rest when the refill comes in from the doctor. So if you have 30 pills per refill, we might give 3 and then 27 after the prescription comes in. It doesn't happen with controlled drugs though.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1463 on: March 13, 2013, 01:54:45 PM »

Yes, for most maintenance medications which are not controls, we will usually give a few pills and then give the rest when the refill comes in from the doctor. So if you have 30 pills per refill, we might give 3 and then 27 after the prescription comes in. It doesn't happen with controlled drugs though.

Yeah, that seems universal.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1464 on: March 13, 2013, 02:59:35 PM »

Hallelujah!!! My medicine is ready!! I am leaving to go pick it up now. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1465 on: March 13, 2013, 08:23:39 PM »

I feel so much better this evening than I did for a good chunk of the day. I've got my medicine on my kitchen counter waiting on me to take it in the morning. BTW, I took the other half pill from this morning's dose before I left for Shawnee to get the med. I was able to enjoy the Wednesday Evening Worship Service tonight out of Revelation 18 from FBC Choctaw. Tomorrow, I will be up at 7:00-7:30 so I can get ready for my interview at 9:30 am in the Sonic Building on Reno. I will also be calling the doctor at 8:00 am to see if anybody has canceled their appointment so I can get it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1466 on: March 13, 2013, 08:27:19 PM »

Yeah, that seems universal.

That's what my Walgreen's Pharmacy did quite often, especially with my Tourette's Medication.  I take such an uncommon medication that the Walgreen's where I always got it filled never had a full 30 or 90 day supply on hand.  I always had to get 15 pills at first and then the last 75 pills after the shipment came in usually the end of the week.  It was quite frustrating having to go into the pharmacy twice for one refill, but at least I was able to get some medicine to tide me over.  I have never had that issue come up with my Indian Doctor/Pharmacy, so I don't know if they would do the same thing.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1467 on: March 14, 2013, 11:16:33 AM »

Bushie, this is a little off the wall, but how do you think your family would react if you bought one of those big boxes of cheap wine - white or red, up to you - and drank about a glass with lunch, three glasses with dinner, and one as a nightcap every day?

Because I think this would be a very good thing to do.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1468 on: March 14, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »

Yes, I agree that a little booze never hurt anyone. Just don't drink too much to where you'll want to have a self orgie in your shed.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1469 on: March 14, 2013, 11:56:18 AM »

I believe he needs a job before he can buy anything.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1470 on: March 14, 2013, 12:01:44 PM »

He can get food stamps for the fatback and lard, and get his momma to buy him a box of wine instead - net savings!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1471 on: March 14, 2013, 02:36:08 PM »

He can get food stamps for the fatback and lard, and get his momma to buy him a box of wine instead - net savings!
Is he eligible for food stamps? His "ownership" of a underwater property may prevent it. I don't know the rules exactly, but you're not allowed to have more than a pittance in assets. Just his car probably is enough to disqualify him.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1472 on: March 14, 2013, 02:39:53 PM »

Is he eligible for food stamps? His "ownership" of a underwater property may prevent it. I don't know the rules exactly, but you're not allowed to have more than a pittance in assets. Just his car probably is enough to disqualify him.

Pace, men.  He's saving up for Kenya 2013
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1473 on: March 14, 2013, 07:36:54 PM »

Pace, men.  He's saving up for Kenya 2013

If I start work or receive a guaranteed offer by April 15, I will be saving up for Kenya 2014 and staying in Oklahoma in June.  The plane tickets will be bought in the second half of April and I am not about to throw away a $2,000 plane ticket.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1474 on: March 15, 2013, 02:16:45 PM »

I haven't heard anything further from the job applications that I put in at Midnight Wednesday Morning, but I'm still holding out hope.  I'm going to try to fill out more applications later tonight and then look at the classified ads in this Sunday's newspaper to see what's new around town.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies