Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 04:56:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 130768 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: March 12, 2013, 07:07:46 PM »

Time to be honest and candid here:

I'm kind of nervous about my doctor's appointment tomorrow evening at 4:00 pm. I don't imagine it will be very pleasant. Monday's blood work was my third test for diabetes. I've been fortunate that the first two have both been negative. I wonder if I can get fortunate three times in a row? That's what I'm nervous about. I do know that I am slowly changing my ways by drinking anywhere between 4-6 glasses of water daily since last Thursday and cutting down. I'm not quite up to the 6-9 glasses I want to be at, but its better than nothing.  I cheated tonight, though, at Braum's. I got a big cheeseburger and fries. That's a big no-no. It helped that the only thing I had for lunch was an apple mid-afternoon, but still I know better. Whatever comes from this doctor's appointment tomorrow evening, I will be using Thursday to plan out the changes and start implementing whatever changes need to be made Thursday for dinner and a little over the weekend and then really get going Monday morning. Prayers would be appreciated tomorrow evening. Thank you! Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1426 on: March 12, 2013, 07:27:17 PM »

Unless you're sweating a lot from heat or exercise, there's no reason to drink a lot of water just for the heck of it. Drink when you're thirsty. Also, with hamburgers, just make them yourself. You can buy them at the grocery already shaped in a circle. Grocery food tends to be of higher quality than restaurant food. Just stay away from that whole aisle that's nothing but Doritos. That aisle needs to be thrown into a black hole.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1427 on: March 12, 2013, 07:33:46 PM »

Bushie throw out all the crisco in your house and never buy anymore ever again. That's gross.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1428 on: March 12, 2013, 07:40:24 PM »

Unless you're sweating a lot from heat or exercise, there's no reason to drink a lot of water just for the heck of it. Drink when you're thirsty. Also, with hamburgers, just make them yourself. You can buy them at the grocery already shaped in a circle. Grocery food tends to be of higher quality than restaurant food. Just stay away from that whole aisle that's nothing but Doritos. That aisle needs to be thrown into a black hole.

I've been drinking most of my water before 3:00 pm and then usually have a coke with my supper and then maybe another couple glasses of water in the evening, which I am currently drinking.  My mouth is generally so dry that I have to have something to drink at nearly all times, so I figure it's better to drink water most of that time than coke.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1429 on: March 12, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »

Unless you're sweating a lot from heat or exercise, there's no reason to drink a lot of water just for the heck of it.

It's recommended that one drinks 8 glasses a day so his numbers aren't off.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1430 on: March 12, 2013, 07:53:03 PM »

Unless you're sweating a lot from heat or exercise, there's no reason to drink a lot of water just for the heck of it.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1431 on: March 12, 2013, 07:57:23 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2013, 08:02:04 PM by Paul Kemp »

You should've posted that the first time Tongue

Either way, it might be worth it if it keeps Bushie drinking water and keeps soda out of his hands.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1432 on: March 12, 2013, 08:02:15 PM »

"The best general advice (keeping in mind there are always exceptions) is to rely upon your normal senses.  If you feel thirsty, drink; If you don't feel thirsty, don't drink unless you want to.."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1433 on: March 12, 2013, 08:03:55 PM »

You should've posted that the first time Tongue

Either way, it might be worth it if it keeps Bushie drinking water and keeps soda out of his hands.

Exactly.  Water can't hurt you that's for sure.  There is something called drinking too much, but that's a high number, not what most people get in a daily basis.  I'm not sure, but I think anything north of 12 glasses a day is a bit much.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1434 on: March 12, 2013, 08:55:57 PM »

How many jobs did you apply to today?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1435 on: March 12, 2013, 09:01:25 PM »

Sadly, none.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1436 on: March 12, 2013, 09:12:43 PM »

Tomorrow right before my doctor's appointment, I'm going to see how much it is to purchase a Citizen Potawatomi Nation license plate for my car. The CPN Tag Agency is just north of the Doctor's Office by 3/4 mile, so it will be right on my way. If I can, I'm going to go ahead and get a plate!

Under Oklahoma law, I have 30 days to switch my plates and license.  Since I re-established residency on Thursday, February 21, this means I have until Friday, March 22 to switch my tags.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1437 on: March 12, 2013, 09:18:26 PM »

Memphis, one key thing you are missing is that water fills up your stomach, thus reducing craving for food. And if he is always thirsty, and quenches his thirst by drinking coke, obviously it is better he drinks water instead. Even if that is 12 glasses or whatever. It's not going to hurt him.

Also, being thirsty a lot is a sign you may have diabetes. How many times per night do you go to the bathroom, Bushie?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1438 on: March 12, 2013, 09:22:10 PM »

Memphis, one key thing you are missing is that water fills up your stomach, thus reducing craving for food. And if he is always thirsty, and quenches his thirst by drinking coke, obviously it is better he drinks water instead. Even if that is 12 glasses or whatever. It's not going to hurt him.

Also, being thirsty a lot is a sign you may have diabetes. How many times per night do you go to the bathroom, Bushie?

Usually at most once every three or four nights.  Most nights I can stay in bed all night, even if that's for 8 or even 10 hours.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1439 on: March 12, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »

Jeez, you and your restaurants. None of the restaurants I go to have poor quality food, but then again, I avoid big chains like the plague because they only serve garbage.

But seriously, BushOK, there is no excuse to be using CRISCO in your cooking. It's like your family is trying to be unhealthy. If you don't use olive oil then use vegetable, peanut, anything but lard. I use olive oil in nearly everything I cook. I couldn't imagine life without it!

And keep drinking water. It makes you feel full and keeps your system clean.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1440 on: March 12, 2013, 09:33:10 PM »

I've had 6 glasses of actual water today and only one coke plus one glass of V8.

You're right, drinking water makes me feel full enough that I generally don't feel hungry for lunch.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1441 on: March 12, 2013, 09:41:10 PM »

Usually at most once every three or four nights.  Most nights I can stay in bed all night, even if that's for 8 or even 10 hours.

That's good to hear. Good luck tomorrow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1442 on: March 12, 2013, 09:41:59 PM »

That's good to hear. Good luck tomorrow.

Thank you. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1443 on: March 13, 2013, 12:30:55 AM »

I just rattled off 7 applications, including one very interesting application.

I went outside my standard of no call centers for a couple of these, just because I need some kind of income.

When I left Dell last year, I was told I could reapply in one year after my start date.  I was hired on permanent on March 13, 2012.  Today is March 13, 2013 so guess what?  I reapplied.  It may not go anywhere, but its worth a shot. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1444 on: March 13, 2013, 01:33:06 AM »
« Edited: March 13, 2013, 01:36:08 AM by Sooner State Bushie »

So, my application spree has rendered me sleepless... My mind is just racing with the possibilities that I may have just opened up! These possibilities include moving back into my house and taking it off the market, but getting a security system installed. I put in a total of 9 applications in one hour from 11:45 pm - 12:45 am so one of those is bound to come open!  Moving back into my house would take between 25-30 miles off my daily commute to wherever my job site is since it is already half way into Oklahoma City from where my parents live in Harrah.

If I get a job offer by April 15, I will cancel Kenya 2013 and wait for Kenya 2014.  3rd week April is the cutoff because that's when the plane tickets would be bought for the late June trip.  If I don't have a job offer by the time my tickets have been bought, then I'll just wait until July to look for a job.  There's no way I'm going to throw away $2,000 plane tickets.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1445 on: March 13, 2013, 01:45:58 AM »

I hope all of these applications were to public sector jobs.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1446 on: March 13, 2013, 01:55:37 AM »

Yes, they were.  All 10 of them as the count stands now.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1447 on: March 13, 2013, 02:01:40 AM »

Yes, they were.  All 10 of them as the count stands now.
Best of luck to you, hopefully you'll get one in these hard times of austerity.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1448 on: March 13, 2013, 06:59:29 AM »

Bleh. Fried foods are so brown and greasy. Can't even imagine frying in a solid fat. Pretty certain that, one way or another, my digestive tract would physically reject it.

Good lord man, you're missing out!

People still cook with crisco? Eek! At least switch to olive oil, which is actually a good kind of fat for you to eat.

Nonsense - you can't deep fry in Olive Oil, Duky.

Opebo, if you don't want to help him, why don't you shut up?

I do want to help him.  You guys all just want to jeer at him.  He's never going to be a salad-eating rich boy, face it.  I just want to keep him out from under the overpass, and enjoying a good fried meal before he goes the best way anyone can - by heart attack (who knows, maybe he'll even have health insurance someday to cover it).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1449 on: March 13, 2013, 09:59:55 AM »

Well, this sucks... My doctor called in sick today and they can't get me in again until March 28 at 1:20.  That would be okay, but I am out of my blood pressure medication with no refills!  Today was the last pill.  So, I had to call the pharmacy and get an emergency refill which she said may not be ready for a day or two.  She said to call back this afternoon and they might have it ready.  Also, she said to call back every day and see if they have a canceled appointment.  I've also got a message into the nurse to see if she can go over my lab results with me.  If I can't get medicine tonight, I will have to call my doctor in Edmond and get into see him.  This is so frustrating!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies