TX-PPP: It's really early, but Hillary could take the Lone Star State (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:21:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  TX-PPP: It's really early, but Hillary could take the Lone Star State (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-PPP: It's really early, but Hillary could take the Lone Star State  (Read 14650 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 21, 2013, 05:40:52 PM »

I thought Rubio would do well with Hispanics in TX. That's surprsing.

I don't think she'll win this state, but there's no doubt now that if she does run it will be a toss-up, slight GOP lean.  

From what I understand, Mexican Americans aren't too fond of Cuban Americans. I mean, they're both Hispanics but they came to the US under entirely different circumstances. Cuban immigrants are still popularly known as the wealthy white elite who fled to the US because their plantations were put under govt control and still expected everyone's deepest sympathies, while the Mexican immigrants were treated like absolute sh*t south of the border (usually due to their mestizo race) and came to America only to be treated even worse. So when Marco Rubio spins a yarn about his "American Dream" I think a lot of Mexicans all execute one collective eye roll.

Plus, his last name is Rubio, which might be Cuban but is not a common surname in any of the rest of Latin America.  If you don't know who he is, or even if you have seen him on TV but know nothing about him, you'd just assume he was some Italian guy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies