Dutchess County NY (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:11:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Dutchess County NY (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dutchess County NY  (Read 3318 times)
a83192
Rookie
« on: January 26, 2013, 09:10:34 PM »

I noticed that Dutchess County,NY voted for Bush twice and then it went to Obama twice. This is the Hudson Valley and the Suburbs of NYC.  I thought that was a surprising development given its support of Bush in 2000 and 04. 

I wonder what caused that given that 2012 Swung Romney but still lost.
a83192
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:42:38 AM »

It is pretty much a bellwether county.  Bush won it both times by rather narrow margins while Obama's numbers both times were pretty close to the national numbers.  Almost 20% are minorities and I suspect that group went massively for Obama as well as turnout was much stronger amongst that group than in 2004 and 2000 that probably is where the difference came from.  I suspect whites narrowly backed Romney much like they narrowly backed Bush in both 2000 and 2004.  Otherwise stronger turnout amongst younger voters and minorities as was the case across the nation is probably where the difference came from.

Interesting observation since I have relatives in Dutchess County that are hispanic and they went with Obama.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies