How the capital cities voted (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:48:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How the capital cities voted (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How the capital cities voted  (Read 4508 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: January 26, 2013, 09:54:01 PM »

Romney won Carson City in Nevada which was 53-44 for Romney.  Obama probably won Boise and definitely won Salt Lake City and probably Topeka.  Cheyenne definitely went for Romney.  I would also add Charleston, West Virginia might have gone for Romney although not sure.  Even Springfield, Illinois possibly did although I think Obama narrowly scraped by there.  Juneau definitely voted for Obama and by a sizeable margin too.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:02:07 PM »

We determined in another thread that Obama won Charleston and Springfield handily.

Springfield probably went for Obama but it would have been close.  Unless the surrounding areas of Sangamon county went 70% for Romney which seems unlikely it would have been close.  I am guessing Romney got around 60% in the surrounding areas meaning Obama would have narrowly won it.  Kanawha county went 55-43 for Romney so unless the rest of the county went massively for Romney I think he could have won Charleston.  Lets remember it is fairly white and is not a large centre, so I don't think it is a given Obama won this unless you have the actual raw numbers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies