Norwegian Parliamentary Election 2013 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:37:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Norwegian Parliamentary Election 2013 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Norwegian Parliamentary Election 2013  (Read 62048 times)
Lurker
Norway
« on: January 21, 2013, 12:14:41 PM »

As a Norwegian, I obviously thought that this election deserved a thread on here...

Some Background:

The Norwegian government, led by Jens Stoltenberg, is campaigning for å third consecutive term in office, which would be pretty unusual event for Norwegian politics - since 1965, no government has been re-elected more than once.

However, a third term for the "Red-Green" coalition looks pretty unlikely at the moment, as the opposition currently leads by about 20 points in most polls. The polls also shows Labour losing its position as the largest party in Norway; this would be an even more unique event as far as Norwegian politics are concerned, as Labour has been the biggest party at every election since 1921.

There are almost 8 months to go until the lection, and the polls may of course have changed by then. Still, the government is running out of time, and needs to quickly improve its polling to have any chance of winning in September.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 04:21:56 PM »

1. Welcome to the forum! Weird that noone had claimed the username 'lurker' yet.

2. You'd have to be a quite unfeeling person not to feel as an outsider that the Norwegian Labour Party deserves a victory this year. What do polls say exactly?

Thanks a lot! I've been following the forum for quite a while, so I found the name  fitting...
The polls do not look good for Labour at the moment, as stated. Though they are not polling that badly themselves, both of their coalition partners are hovering around the 4% treshold.  The opposition has held a pretty clear majority in the past few years - except for right after Utøya, when Labour's support greatly increased for a short while (due to Stoltenberg's handling of the tragedy and an obvious sympathy wave towards Labour)

aardal.info/gallup.pdf is a good website, listing the polls of all polling firms, and averaging them as well.

How was the government's handling of Breivik's massacre regarded?

Pretty good at first, and the PM was given much praise, even by many right-wingers. last year though the government was massively critizised for the handling of the massacre, after a "22 of July" Commission came out with a pretty devastating analysis. The opposition did milk this for all it was worth, and the country's biggest newspaper even (strangely) called for Stoltenberg's resignation. Now that the Breivik trial is over, the mood has calmed quite a bit, and I doubt that 22/7/11 will play much part in the election.

Why has the Norwegian government become so unpopular in the past year ?

The economy is still doing well, as far as I know. Something important happened ? Scandals ?

My own explanation would be that it is mostly due to government fatigue after 8 years of the Red-Greens. You are totally right in that the economy is doing well, at least when you compare with practically all other West European countries. Still, the opposition (for obvious reasons) and the media (where bad news and sensationalism is always better than good news) has created a narrative in which everything is somehow going wrong, or is not good enough - a narrative that the Red-Greens has not succeded in changing.
Other than 22/7, there have been several  scandals through the entire governing period, most of them obviously faux scandals and utterly unimportant. Real of imagined though, these "scandals" always get a lot of attention, and this may too be part of the reason why the govt is trailing so badly.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 08:13:11 AM »

Hey, welcome! I'm always happy when we get more people from different countries. AFAIK we have Danes, Swedes, and Finns but no Norwegians yet, so cool to have you here Smiley

Anyway, even if the right is winning at least the Progress Party is down. It looks like just from the seat estimates on Wiki that with current polling the center-right would have a majority without Progress, which would at least be tolerable (to me).

Thanks! Smiley Yeah, I've noticed there being many Swedes And Danes here, but none from Norway, strangely enough.

I don't think the center-right would have a majority without the PP from the current polling, and the chance of that happening is extremly unlikely, IMO. Unless my math is totally wrong, the Wiki page estimates that H+V+KrF will have 70 seats or so - and 85 is needed for a majority. Though there is a good chance that the three will, under such a result, form a minority government without the Progress Party.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 07:19:23 AM »
« Edited: January 23, 2013, 07:21:11 AM by Lurker »

if it happenned to Fianna Fail, it can happen to AP, at least its Hoyre and not FrP overtaking them

will Hoyre want a coalition with them though? surely a Bondevik-style coalition with confidence and supply is more likely?

is there any reason other than being part of the government for Senterpartiet and SV being down in the polls?

Høyre has traditionally been quite hostile towards FrP, and until recently very sceptical of bringing them into government. This has changed though, and Høyre these days appears positive towards a coalition that includes FrP - though Venstre and KrF are both very sceptical of governing with FrP, so a Bondevik-style solution may indeed be more likely at this point.

As for SV, 2012 was pretty much an annus horribilis for them, with their newly elected leader being involved in a scandal, and shortly afterwards a lot of (quite amusing) internal squabbling within the party.
Senterpartiet has also had some infighting and not many charismatic politicians in their leadership, but they are actually not polling that much worse than their "normal" rate, having a very low "roof" of potential voters due to the nature of the part. I suspect they will win their typical 5-6% at the election.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 07:00:55 PM »

Very good points by Swedish Cheese.
 It could also be noted that part of the reason that (many) rural areas in Norway has a "left-wing"/red-green majority is due to the large support for Senterpartiet on the countryside, which adds many votes to the combined "left". Senterpartiets alliance with the left is a very recent development, however, and the party has traditionally preferred to ally with the centre-right. Senterpartiets switch from the centre-right column to the left column of Norwegian politics therefore makes some rural areas appear much more "left-wing" than earlier (hope that made any sense).

As for the Norwegian cities, they vary a lot when it comes to the left/right divide. Oslo, by far the largest city, has been split pretty much 50-50 at the last two parliamentary elections, but has been right-leaning on the municipal level. Bergen and Stavanger (2nd and 4th larges cities, both in the west) are both clearly Conservative cities. Trondheim on the other hand, is slightly left-leaning. As you can see, it's a pretty mixed picture.

As Swedish Cheese states, there  is (and has always been) a strong element of class-based voting, and this is particularly true for the cities as far as Norway is concerned. The most clearest illustration of this might be Oslo, where the West of the city votes very right-wing, and the East is solidly left-wing
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 01:01:01 PM »

EDIT: I am mainly posting this in the hope that one of our Norwegian posters can explain why PP is bouncing up and down in the polls at the moment. It looks puzzling to me.

Probably just due to bad polling. Nothing has happened that would make them gain 5 points one day and then drop 5 days later. As to why the polls differ so much, I have no good answer, but as you can see from this link, wlidly fluctuating polls are nothing new for PP   --> http://www.aardal.info/hi_lo.pdf
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 06:38:52 PM »

Norwegian Venstre and the kind of issues that separates them from the other centre-right parties is closely parallel to Radikale Venstre in Denmark, so I tend to assume that PP hates Venstre the same way DPP hates Radikale Venstre and wouldnt want to work with them in any context, but this may be a false comparison.
How do you see the PP/Venstre relationship?

Your assumption is partly correct. FrP do probably hate Venstre in a very simillar way to the DF/RV relationship. However, FrP is desperate to enter government and would happily join a coalition government with Venstre if necessary. Until recently though FrP's feelings on this has not mattered much, seeing as Venstre used to be adamantly against the thought of a coalition with them. This has now changed though, and Venstre's leadership no longer rules out coalitioning with FrP.

The relationship is still obviously not very good, but seems less antagonistic than under the former Venstre leader Sponheim, who became enemy number 1. for FrP after the 2009 election. That was when Sponheim launched the slogan "Heller Jens enn Jensen" (rather Jens than Jensen)
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 05:29:14 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2013, 05:36:00 AM by Lurker »

It looks to me like it's game over already now.
Or has any incumbent Norway government ever made up a 25-30% deficit in just 3 months ?

Yes, it is certainly game over by now, and has been for a long time. No government has ever made up such a deficit in less than three months, as far as I know. There is no chance whatsoever that the government regain their majority in parliament. Looking at Swedish Chef's example, it should be noted that the Centre-Left in Denmark only had a lead of 10% (at the most) three months before that election. So the Norwegian government needs a swing that is basically twice as big.

It is however still unclear what kind of government the country will have after the election. The most likely alternatives are (not ranked):

1. Høyre/FrP (Will probably happen if these two get a majority alone)
2. Høyre/KrF/Venstre (repeat of Bondevik II, though with Høyre in a much more dominant role. Could well happen if FrP has a poor result)
3. Høyre/FrP/KrF/Venstre (A strongish FrP, but without a majority for FrP+Høyre could see this happen)
4. Høyre alone

All other combinations are completely unlikely, as far as I can see.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 06:34:10 AM »

Will Venstre really sit in the same government as Frp?
Wouldn't a Höyre/Frp/KrF government be possible if those three have a majority together?

Venstre are still very sceptical of ruling with FrP, particularly to to their massive differences regarding immigration and enviromental politics. But they have not ruled it out, unlike what they did in 2009.
I do think it is a possibility, but it would undoubtedly be tough for Venstre.

I think KrF would demand the inclusion of Venstre even if they are not needed for a parliamentary majority, in order to "balance" the right-wing lean of such a government (In 2001, Venstre was not needed for a parliamentary majority - they only had 2 MPs, just like today - but were still included in government).
Also, it would be in the strategic interest of Høyre to include Venstre as well, to prevent them from potentially co-operating with the Red-Gren "bloc", which could hurt the Centre-Right's chances in the next election.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 09:50:01 AM »
« Edited: August 04, 2013, 09:52:11 AM by Lurker »

Slightly off-topic, but it looks like there are now four Norwegian posters in this place,  all of whom have joined recently. Not bad - we should demand our own avatar. Wink
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 05:15:50 PM »

Slightly off-topic, but it looks like there are now four Norwegian posters in this place,  all of whom have joined recently. Not bad - we should demand our own avatar. Wink
You have two former colonial powers' avatars to choose from, so you're pretty well covered. Grin

True. Three if we're counting Germany. Wink
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 07:30:58 AM »

I agree with you about the poll. It seems unlikely that Venstre and KrF are both below the threshold, when most other polls have them somewhere between 5 and 6 %.

I have always wondered why Venstre isn’t doing any better. They have a platform well suited to appeal to the urban middle class. I think a lot of the problem is the party’s politicians, at least on the national level. Considering how Høyre have moved towards the center ground, there are issues (like spending and taxation) where Venstre could actually edge them out from the right.

As you say, the lack of well-known and popular leaders is a problem for them (I bet the majority of the population have no clue who Skei Grande is, for instance).

Another problem though is that they have no clear profile, no issues that clearly define them in the eyes of the voters, unlike all the other parties. Where KrF has moral conservativism/religious values, Sp has decentralization/Anti-EU, FrP has tough on immigration/crime, Høyre has lower taxes and so on. Venstre has IMO a lack of "identity", and this is could be a reason for their lack of success.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 03:56:35 PM »

The new Norstat poll gives the best combined result for Høyre+Frp that I can ever remember to have seen. 50,6% and 90/169 seats.

The poll does seem a bit of an outlier though, as Frp share of the right-wing vote is much higher than in most polls, with Norstat giving them 20,9%.

With such a result, I think Frp would have pretty good bargaining cards against Høyre, and could probably demand one of the "big three" posts in the government.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 09:45:11 AM »

Indeed. There are people that want to see Hadia Tajik as the Labour party leader at some point in the future. Obviously she will not be Stoltenbergs successor (as she is a bit to young), but she might emerge as a candidate after Trond Giske or Jonas Gahr Støre. First she will need experience from a "heavier" post than Minister of Culture.

I wouldn't be certain that she'll be too young, though. Many insiders are now claiming that Stoltenberg will still lead Arbeiderpartiet in 2017. If so, and if he wins then (many if's, but still), he'll probably stay for some years after that. She'd still be quite young, but could be a strong candidate, IMO.

Lurker
Norway
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 10:53:06 AM »

That really depends on whether or not they win the election next month. I can imagine Stoltenberg staying on as Prime Minister to 2017, but it is very unlikely that he will want to serve as the leader of Arbeiderpartiet in opposition. Since they will probably be out of office in a few months, they will need to think about a leader post-Stoltenberg. And it probably wont be Hadija Tajik, at least for eight-ten years.

Of the younger members of AP, can you think of other possible future contenders for the leadership? There is of course Anniken Huitfeldt, Annette Trettebergstuen and maybe even Eskild Pedersen.

I would have thought the same myself, that Stoltenberg would not stay on as leader of the opposition, but after reading some recent articles I think he may continue as leader. While the press always talk about him going for an international "top job", it's not like there are many of those available at the moment. If he were to go now though, I guess Støre would be the only possible replacement for Ap. If he were to decline, I have no idea who the favourite would be.

As for young leaders, it seems like Torgeir Micaelsen is a rising star, becoming head of the finance comittee at the age of 30. I think Huitfeldt is a bit too bland and not charismatic enough to become leader - then again, these type of things doesn't seem to matter as much here as in some other countries. And of course, Tajjik would probably be a very strong candidate, were she ever to run, as she has the perfect "profile": Young, female, immigrant, very ambitious and hard-working. And, just like Brundtland, her partner is a politician from Høyre, showing that she's skilled at bipartisanship. Wink
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 11:17:27 AM »

That really depends on whether or not they win the election next month. I can imagine Stoltenberg staying on as Prime Minister to 2017, but it is very unlikely that he will want to serve as the leader of Arbeiderpartiet in opposition. Since they will probably be out of office in a few months, they will need to think about a leader post-Stoltenberg. And it probably wont be Hadija Tajik, at least for eight-ten years.

Of the younger members of AP, can you think of other possible future contenders for the leadership? There is of course Anniken Huitfeldt, Annette Trettebergstuen and maybe even Eskild Pedersen.

I would have thought the same myself, that Stoltenberg would not stay on as leader of the opposition, but after reading some recent articles I think he may continue as leader. While the press always talk about him going for an international "top job", it's not like there are many of those available at the moment. If he were to go now though, I guess Støre would be the only possible replacement for Ap. If he were to decline, I have no idea who the favourite would be.

As for young leaders, it seems like Torgeir Micaelsen is a rising star, becoming head of the finance comittee at the age of 30. I think Huitfeldt is a bit too bland and not charismatic enough to become leader - then again, these type of things doesn't seem to matter as much here as in some other countries. And of course, Tajjik would probably be a very strong candidate, were she ever to run, as she has the perfect "profile": Young, female, immigrant, very ambitious and hard-working. And, just like Brundtland, her partner is a politician from Høyre, showing that she's skilled at bipartisanship. Wink

Not an immigrant, but Norway-born ... Wink

Yeah,"immigrant background"/ "second generation immigrant" would have been better. The point still stands though. Wink
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 07:19:06 AM »
« Edited: August 18, 2013, 07:24:41 AM by Lurker »

So, I heard something about the taxi customers having been paid or something? Did that become a thing?

Also, I heard that culture minister wants to give arranged marriages similar status to regular ones. Is this true and if so, is it controversial?

The taxi thing: Nobody cares. VG tried to make a thing out of it for a couple of days, but didn't really get any response.

Yes, Tajik has indeed defended arranged marriages. This caused much debate, but not nearly the controversy you'd have expected. Interestingly, many feminists seem to support Tajik's views on arranged marriages, which I find strange to say the least.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 08:32:47 AM »

The newest daily VG poll show Høyre+FrP at just 42,9% - far from a parliamentary majority. Venstre and KrF both get 5,9%, leaving the center-right bloc at 54,7%. If this is the result, the only certainty is that Erna Solberg will become PM - what form of coalition we'll get is more unclear.

Interestingly, Miljøpartiet De Grønne is now above the 4% treshold (as are all the current parliamentary parties).
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 05:32:25 AM »

The VG poll is really interesting, as it includes a lot of other information as well. For example what percentages the parties get in the different regions of the country. The North is as usual Høyres weakest area, with 25 % support for the party. More surprisingly Western Norway is where the party is doing best, with 32% of the vote. I assumed their strongest area would be Oslo and the Southeast in general.

Maybe they're picking up SP's losses...

Link?

Here's a link.:

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/valg-2013/artikkel.php?artid=10133011

By SP you presumably mean Senterpartiet. If so, no. First of all, their "base" and Høyre's base are very different, and secondly SP are at the same level of support as they were in the last election. A large number of the new Høyre voters in Western Norway would probably be former FrP voters (whose downslide in the West has coincided with Høyre's success.) They will also have captured quite a few who voted AP in the last election.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 04:16:20 AM »

As for the Swedish/Norwegian banter, a pretty good one came after Norway had inexplicably banned Monty Python's Life of Brian. The Swedish film poster had the tagline: "The movie so funny that it was banned in Norway" (Filmen som är så rolig att den blev förbjuden i Norge).
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 01:43:41 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2013, 01:45:53 AM by Lurker »

I love Scandanavia's random elections. I for one wish I could vote in a partisan church or school election Cheesy

Church elections aren't partisan (in that you vote for political parties) in Norway though, that's a Swedish thing. Tongue

School elections are very fun though, with organized debates at high schools featuring politicians (often youth politicians) from all the the parties.

For those who are interested, here are the results of the school elections by county: http://www.samfunnsveven.no/skolevalg/resultat/fylke/
That website also shows the results from each school in Norway, though that won't be very interesting for non-Norwegians of course.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 05:33:29 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2013, 05:35:49 AM by Lurker »

They look very mature. If they were held in Italy there would be a huge victory of extremist-populis parties like 5star movement.

They used to be won by the fringe parties (SV and FrP). Youth have become more moderate in recent years, though.

At my old high school (Valler), Venstre recieved 35,7%. FrP and SV recieved around 7,5% together.

Yeah, Frp was the largest party as recently as 2009.

Very surprising that Høyre didn't become the largest party at Valler, they are usually very dominant in Bærum

I wonder in which schools the parties got their best and worst results  - is this said anywhere? Handelsgym is Høyre's best school in Oslo, getting 63% of the vote there. Ulsrud seems to be APs best result with 67%.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 02:57:27 PM »

They look very mature. If they were held in Italy there would be a huge victory of extremist-populis parties like 5star movement.

They used to be won by the fringe parties (SV and FrP). Youth have become more moderate in recent years, though.

At my old high school (Valler), Venstre recieved 35,7%. FrP and SV recieved around 7,5% together.

Yeah, Frp was the largest party as recently as 2009.

Very surprising that Høyre didn't become the largest party at Valler, they are usually very dominant in Bærum

I wonder in which schools the parties got their best and worst results  - is this said anywhere? Handelsgym is Høyre's best school in Oslo, getting 63% of the vote there. Ulsrud seems to be APs best result with 67%.

There you go. Smiley

(I only considered schools at which at least 100 valid votes were cast.)

Best results for Høyre (Conservative Party)Sad
62.5 %, Oslo handelsgymnasium (Oslo)
57.0 %, WANG Oslo/WANG Toppidrett Oslo (Oslo)
56.1 %, Akademiet videregående skole i Drammen (Drammen, Buskerud)
56.0 %, Wang Toppidrett Tønsberg (Tønsberg, Vestfold)
55.0 %, Oslo private gymnasium (Oslo)

Best results for Arbeiderpartiet (Labour Party)Sad
66.5 %, Ulsrud videregående skole (Oslo)
56.5 %, Sofienberg videregående skole (Oslo)
53.4 %, Holtet videregående skole (Oslo)
53.2 %, Bjerke videregående skole (Oslo)
47.1 %, Etterstad videregående skole (Oslo)

Best results for Fremskrittspartiet (Progress Party)Sad
62.9 %, Hadsel videregående skole, skolested Melbu (Hadsel, Nordland)
52.1 %, Norheimsund vidaregåande skule (Kvam, Hordaland)
49.3 %, Meldal videregående skole (Meldal, Sør-Trøndelag)
49.0 %, Stangnes videregående skole (Harstad, Troms)
46.6 %, Polarsirkelen videregående skole, avd. Kongsvegen (Rana, Nordland)

Best results for Venstre (Liberal Party)Sad
35.7 %, Valler videregående skole (Bærum, Akershus)
29.4 %, Firda vidaregåande skule (Gloppen, Sogn og Fjordane)
26.2 %, Garnes vidaregåande skule (Bergen, Hordaland)
24.6 %, Knut Hamsun videregående skole (Hamarøy, Nordland)
23.9 %, Bergen Katedralskole (Bergen, Hordaland)

Best results for Sosialistisk Venstreparti (Socialist Left Party)Sad
26.3 %, Fyrstikkalleen skole (Oslo)
25.4 %, Ski videregående skole (Ski, Akershus)
22.9 %, Vadsø videregående skole (Vadsø, Finnmark)
22.1 %, Inderøy videregående skole (Inderøy, Nord-Trøndelag)
21.8 %, Hartvig Nissens skole (Oslo)

Best results for Piratpartiet (Pirate Party)Sad
12.5 %, Melhus videregående skole (Melhus, Sør-Trøndelag)
12.0 %, Fosen videregående skole (Bjugn, Sør-Trøndelag)
12.0 %, Meløy videregående skole, avd. Glomfjord (Meløy, Nordland)
11.7 %, Malvik videregående skole (Malvik, Sør-Trøndelag)
11.1 %, Andøy videregående skole (Andøy, Nordland)

Best results for Senterpartiet (Centre Party)Sad
46.2 %, Mære landbruksskole (Steinkjer, Nord-Trøndelag)
37.4 %, Nord-Troms videregående skole (Nordreisa, Troms)
35.2 %, Val videregående skole (Nærøy, Nord-Trøndelag)
34.1 %, Årdal vidaregåande skule (Årdal, Sogn og Fjordane)
29.3 %, Meråker videregående skole (Meråker, Nord-Trøndelag)

Best results for Miljøpartiet De Grønne (Green Party)Sad
31.1 %, Oslo By Steinerskole (Oslo)
14.5 %, Persbråten videregående skole (Oslo)
13.6 %, Hartvig Nissens skole (Oslo)
13.4 %, Stavanger katedralskole (Stavanger, Rogaland)
11.9 %, Bergen Katedralskole (Bergen, Hordaland)

Best results for Rødt (Red Party)Sad
38.8 %, Nord-Gudbrandsdal vgs., avd. Otta (Sel, Oppland)
27.6 %, Bjørnholt skole (Oslo)
25.2 %, Breivika videregående skole (Tromsø, Troms)
24.9 %, Vinstra vidaregåande skule (Nord-Fron, Oppland)
22.1 %, Lena videregående skole (Østre Toten, Oppland)

Best results for Kristelig Folkeparti (Christian Democratic Party)Sad
57.7 %, Drottningborg videregående skole (Grimstad, Aust-Agder)
56.8 %, Framnes kristne vidaregåande skule (Kvam, Hordaland)
54.8 %, Sygna vidaregåande skule (Balestrand, Sogn og Fjordane)
52.8 %, Tryggheim vidaregåande skole (Hå, Rogaland)
51.8 %, Lundeneset vidaregåande skole (Vindafjord, Rogaland)

Worst results for Høyre (Conservative Party)Sad
1.9 %, Val videregående skole (Nærøy, Nord-Trøndelag)
3.8 %, Mære landbruksskole (Steinkjer, Nord-Trøndelag)
6.1 %, Bardufoss Høgtun videregående skole, avd. Høgtun (Målselv, Troms)
6.7 %, Hadsel videregående skole, skolested Melbu (Hadsel, Nordland)
7.4 %, Vinstra vidaregåande skule (Nord-Fron, Oppland)

Worst results for Arbeiderpartiet (Labour Party)Sad
1.2 %, Lundeneset vidaregåande skole (Vindafjord, Rogaland)
1.6 %, Drottningborg videregående skole (Grimstad, Aust-Agder)
2.5 %, Framnes kristne vidaregåande skule (Kvam, Hordaland)
2.5 %, Oslo private gymnasium (Oslo)
2.8 %, KVS-Lyngdal (Lyngdal, Vest-Agder)

Worst results for Fremskrittspartiet (Progress Party)Sad
1.0 %, Bergen Katedralskole (Bergen, Hordaland)
1.1 %, Firda vidaregåande skule (Gloppen, Sogn og Fjordane)
1.1 %, Oslo By Steinerskole (Oslo)
1.4 %, Stavanger katedralskole (Stavanger, Rogaland)
1.6 %, Lakselv videregående skole (Porsanger, Finnmark)

Danke! Smiley

Lurker
Norway
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 04:20:40 PM »

Is my understanding correct that handelsgymnasium (Oslo, 62.5% Hoyre) is similar to the German "Wirtschaftsgymnasium", i.e. having a special curriculum focusing on accounting and finance? And the "Oslo By Steinerskole" (31.1% MDG) is probably named after antroposopher  Rudolf Steiner, and following Waldorf pedagogy, right? The "kristne" in "Framnes kristne vidaregåande skule (56.8% CDP) is easy to understand even for a foreigner. So, no surprises here.

As to the other schools, somebody minding to explain some patterns...

Your understanding is correct. These elections really tend to confirm stereotypes Wink.

As for other patterns:

Høyre's best schools are all private schools, with the exception of Oslo Handelsgymnasium.

Arbeiderpartiet's best schools are mostly in the Eastern parts of Oslo. Oslo has historically (and still is to a large degree) been split politically between a West side dominated by Høyre  and East side dominated by Labour. The West is obviously the wealthier area, and the East more working class (and these days, has a much larger number of immigrants).

Senterpartiet's best school seems to have some connection to agriculture. Their best results are all in rural areas, far from the larger cities.

KRF's best results are all in Christian schools, run by (conservative) Missionary organization. Those are the only places where youth will vote KRF in such massive numbers.

As for SV, Venstre and FrP, I can't immediately see any clear patterns, though maybe some of our other resident Norwegians could tell.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 04:47:52 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2013, 04:57:15 PM by Lurker »

Ah it wouldn't be a real Scandinavian election without DL coming on and complaining about the centre-right parties actions and political ideology. Makes me nostalgic for the good old Swedish election 2010 thread. Don't ya worry DL, next year around this time you'll be ranting about why people still vote for FP, and why Stockholm has turned so heavily to the right. I can't wait. Smiley

His view on Venstre cooperating with Frp is totally in line with Venstre's own view at the last election. Tongue
Though of course, they changed leaders since then. And I suppose four more years out of government has made them more accepting of making deals with Frp. Though their first choice is still a coalition with Krf and Høyre (which would be a minority government).
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies