Norwegian Parliamentary Election 2013 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:01:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Norwegian Parliamentary Election 2013 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Norwegian Parliamentary Election 2013  (Read 62317 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: May 01, 2013, 11:40:07 AM »

Why was there a big swing in from the Progress Party to the Conservatives?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 07:18:31 AM »

FrP: 47%
H: 44%
KrF: 37%

Everything else quite low. I didn't bother choosing what issues were important to me, but I imagine KrF would do better under that model.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 06:58:40 PM »

I love Scandanavia's random elections. I for one wish I could vote in a partisan church or school election Cheesy
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 09:07:24 AM »

I notice that KrP & Venstre are making decent gains. Do they take votes mostly from Hoyre, or Frp?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 09:38:44 AM »

Hopefully, Stoltenberg's Labour Party manages a surprise and defeats the Conservatives by 5-10% today and that the government comes within 5-10% as well (a win would be shocking).

The Stoltenberg-government has not really earned such a big defeat, like the polls are predicting: Unemployment in Norway is 3.5%, the oil fund for future pensions is worth 500 Bio. $ right now and tripled under the Stoltenberg-government, the average Norwegian earns ca. 6000$ a month, the social safety net works well.

Hopefully, Norway voters take a second look today and forget that these "small first-world problems" that the Conservatives and other opposition parties are talking about, are in fact what they are - small and meaningless in a global perspective - and give the Stoltenberg government another chance.

They've been in power for what, 8 years? Government fatigue kicks in eventually.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 11:32:49 AM »

Can someone explain how Norway's system works? I know there's a 4% threshold but apparently you can get a seat or 2 even if you get under that.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 06:34:27 PM »

The number of female parliamentarians will not increase from the last 4 year session and will still linger below 40%. Sad Only two parties will have a majority female group; the Rural Party with 70% female representation and the Labour Party with 28 females against 26 males. The Progress Party will have the most conservative multi-member parliamentary group with nearly 80% men to represent them. Now how sad and old-fashioned isn't that?

My expectation was that the female representation would actually increase, since the Progress Party did a considerably worse election than both 2009 and 2005, however that did not turn out to be the case. When will the parties stop to almost always nominate a male politician as their number 1 choice in the 19 regional "fylker"?

A party supported mostly by older men ran mostly old men on it's candidate list. Not too surprising. What does surprise me is that SV is majority male and Centre is majority female. I would've expected the opposite. can someone enlighten me why Centre runs so many/SV runs so few female candidates?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies