Norwegian Parliamentary Election 2013 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:37:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Norwegian Parliamentary Election 2013 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Norwegian Parliamentary Election 2013  (Read 62291 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« on: January 21, 2013, 03:49:19 PM »

From what I can gather on the wiki page, it seems the threshold to enter by PR is 4%, and there are also riding seats ? Can you, Lurker, since you started the thread, enlighten us a bit on the voting system, and maybe on the great movements of the campaign, i.e. why the government is so low, who's gaining and losing, and so on.

Thanks for starting it by the way, and welcome here ! Smiley
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 06:46:50 AM »

So, reduce the amount of an administrative unit with actual functions other than being electoral districts to achieve better gender balance in Parliament. Sounds entirely logical to me.

Once again, it's much easier on everyone if people who are concerned about this can go to the party meetings and help nominate women at the top of the lists.

Basically every party and politician seem to think that 19 fylker is way too much anyways. It's not some kind of revolution. The big question is not if the number of fylker should be reduced, but rather if they should be reduced or abolished altogether. The Conservatives and Progress Party seem to prefer an abolishment, while most other parties rather prefer bigger regions to substitute today's fylker. Personally I'm for a continuation of fylker, but I would like to see a reduction in the number. Preferably to about half of what it is today. I also think that the number of municipalities should be reduced with about 200%. Today we have 428 of them I think. I don't see why we would need more than about 100. The municipalities would be run much more efficiently and most of them would save so much money. Plus there would be so many other benefits as well.

Wow, we have about 290 of them in Sweden and we're twice your population. AND the smallest ones here are already ridiculously small.
Haha, you're both cute. Tongue
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 04:21:01 AM »

Though the importance of communes - except in urban areas where they're basically like any other local authority - is greatly exaggerated.
Well pardon me but I beg to differ. Ask any French in France where he lives, he will say the name of his commune first, then his département, and then you have all odds that he won't even know which region he lives in. The commune comes first, believe me. That's why it's so hard to reduce their staggering number.
Wow, we have about 290 of them in Sweden and we're twice your population. AND the smallest ones here are already ridiculously small.
Haha, you're both cute. Tongue

Come on, competing with France in the "ridiculous subdivisions" competition is like trying to fight the entire United States military with a slingshot. Cheesy

France ain't got nothing on Pennsylvania:

And that's just one county.
Well I see your 2562 municipalities gathering 12 million inhabitants in Pennsylvania, and I raise you my 2339 communes in the Lorraine région gathering 2.3 million inhabitants.

Noob.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies