Norwegian Parliamentary Election 2013 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:01:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Norwegian Parliamentary Election 2013 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Norwegian Parliamentary Election 2013  (Read 62345 times)
freefair
United Kingdom

« on: January 21, 2013, 04:54:10 PM »
« edited: January 21, 2013, 05:07:40 PM by freefair »

Norway's Centre Party is polling almost as badly as its Swedish neighbor (for differing reasons, obviously)
Seems like there easily could be a Conservative-Progress overall majority, which would liberate them from the need to include the Christian Democrat party, who remain uncooperative at a national level with Progress. It's be a pretty decent government from a libertarian perspective- but I don't approve of Progress's plan to spend the oil surplus, as a fiscal conservative (well, i guess a bit would be OK-  at most 20% in total)
Progress's supposed xenophobia seems to have been massively overstated, they're basically a eurosceptic FDP or socially liberal UKIP. Their requirements seem to be that all citizens and migrants of Norway of all races should practice and live by the basic tents and values of the Norwegian constitution and society- wholly reasonable and agreeable demands in my view. If I had to move there I'd bloody well do my best to learn Bokmal and actually respect national culture.
freefair
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 06:28:22 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2013, 06:44:03 PM by freefair »

The Maths suggests that they could just about do it without the KrDs, if they're Ok with a majority of 2. Given Progress Libertarian roots it shouldn't be that hard to create a neoliberal alliance devoid of religious traditionalism.
freefair
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 03:52:54 PM »

Oslo correlations-
Ap and Fr!
H and V!
SV & MG
KrF- Dead.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies