2008 Predictions... just for the hell of it.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:47:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Predictions... just for the hell of it.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: 2008 Predictions... just for the hell of it.  (Read 16373 times)
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2005, 11:55:35 PM »

Oh, I think you are coming off as very angry Bob. Either that or you use profanities for no particular reason. 

Being the pathetic little creature you are, I could well believe the latter scenario to be true but no I think my "drivel" has more than succeeded in causing you to have a temper tantrum. 

Come on now, be honest eh! LOL

Come on, admit it- you're a troll from DU! LOL
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2005, 11:56:42 PM »

On a slightly different note, I think most would agree that anyone who uses derogatory terms such as “fag” are fairly big TROLLS who deserve to be treated with the utmost contempt   

Er... no. The only troll here is you.
Er...no. There are no trolls here. Just some people who still need to work on their communication skills. Three of them.

Lewis, this guy is clearly trolling.
Secular Politico
Rookie
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2005, 11:57:58 PM »

I also think Bob needs to work on his anger issues R.P.

Can be very self destructive!  
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2005, 12:00:41 AM »

I also think Bob needs to work on his anger issues R.P.

Can be very self destructive! 

Lewis, this guy is clearly trolling.

I rest my case.
Secular Politico
Rookie
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2005, 12:02:42 AM »

Interesting how someone who disagrees with "Mr Angry" otherwise known as Bob the "Independent" from Oregon must be a member of DU!

I mean that must be the only logical conclusion that can be drawn from such a situation! LOL  

Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2005, 12:07:28 AM »

I've read some stupid things here before, but I think your comments take the cake for sheer idiocy. Have a prize! Smiley

Secular Politico
Rookie
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2005, 12:15:27 AM »

Thank you, although I think you are more deserving of it to be honest.

Though watch out everyone - that shiny trophy could become a lethal weapon in the hands of "Mr Angry"

I'm having great fun winding you up, I really am LOL LOL

But on a more serious note, how exactly could you consider voting for Santorum? Is he planning to run for the Senate from Oregon?!

No, its no contest.

The prize for sheer idiocy goes to......Bob, the angry "Independent" from Oregon!

Anyways, I've had enough fun for now. Time for bed.

Believe it or not Bob, some of us actually have lives and work and all that jazz!

Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2005, 12:18:27 AM »

Oh no, you are sadly mistaken. I'm the one winding you up! LOL LOL

BTW, what line of work are you in? Male prostitution? LOL

briancw
Rookie

« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2005, 12:21:13 AM »

Can we get back to the topic..
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2005, 12:29:42 AM »

If "Mr. Angry" otherwise known as Secular Politico stops posting here! LOL
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2005, 12:31:09 AM »

Former wookie:

me: That's Mister Milk_and_Cereal to you!

Mitt Romney as a "moderate"! Surely that is a bit far-fetched in light of recent comments on LGBT issues and stem cell research to name just two.

me:oh, I forgot stem cells and transgenderism is a HUGE political issue and not a wedge one that small interests groups complain about.

On LGBT , but indeed the national electorate where thissues, where he now apparently opposes not only gay marriage but civil unions also, not only is he out of touch with his own state where a small majority support marriage equalityose opposed to any legal recognition of gay unions are in fact in a minority (that figure was 37% in the '04 Election Exit Poll where the GOP turnout is generally agreed to have been higher)   

me: again, I'm sure when it comes right down to it, transgenderism is a hot button issue.  Honestly I don't know why gay marraige is such a big issue with people, but I doubt it'll play over in 2008 as big as it did in 2004.

And to underline just how deceitful and opportunistic he is, he actually expressed support for civil unions in late 2003/early 2004!

me:cummon, the people of Massachusetts LOVE flipfloppers.

On stem cells he has threatened to veto any bill that advances this much needed scientific research despite the fact that a recent poll indicates that 65% of voters support it. Again this is a national figure and one can safely presume that support is even higher in his home state, the most liberal/enlightened in the nation. 

me:65% of Americans support this?  News to me.  How are liberals open minded?  They seems rather close minded when it comes to capitalism.

Romney opporunistically ran under the guise of moderate Republican to be elected governor of Massachusetts but has shown his true colors more recently.

me: well yeah, it's politically advantageous for him if he's gonna run in '08.

Also from what position would you envisage him being nominated and then elected President in '08? Polls show him trailing a generic Democratic opponent for Governor in 2006 and indeed he might not even run for re-election. An ex-governor of a state loathed by national Republicans is hardly an election winning formula!   

me: anything can happen.  He could take the three seats in senate that Ted Kennedy's fat ass is occupying when he pick one: (retires/ dies of a heart attack/ dies from revenge by that girl's parents) in 2006.  He could also get a cabinet seat, or another good political job, he's well off enough to have some pull.

Honestly, who are you?   Tell me.  Who?  Who the hell are you to take a condescending tone to my map?  It's just a prediction, so what if it's wrong, I had a fun time making the map, so shut up.

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2005, 05:33:55 AM »
« Edited: May 31, 2005, 05:35:29 AM by R.P. McPorce »

I'm having great fun winding you up, I really am LOL LOL
Wow, no wonder Jake calls you transgendered.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2005, 10:40:16 AM »

Good for Senator Santorum, the mainstream compassionate conservative, steering a balanced,  moderate course, one that is fair to all Americans.

He is working to keep America from degenerating into a cesspool of immorality, debauchery and decadence.

America does not have to cow tow to the radical gay agenda, just because the raving looney left wingnuts say so.   
Are you on drugs?!?!
Secular Politico
Rookie
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2005, 12:20:45 PM »

Wookie-

I’m sorry but I find it very hard to debate with anyone who calls themselves Mr Milk_ and_ Cereal!! I’m sure there’s a perfectly good reason for it. Best keep it to yourself though 

Max Power-

Don’t you know that all these far right nuts are strung out on drugs! I mean how else could one explain their irrational rantings? What I’d love to know is where they get their stash from. I’m guessing it’s smuggled out by the Bush White House and transported to the “heartland” to keep the minions in check! LOL   

And last and certainly least, "Mr Angry" from Oregon-

It’s really sad, even by your pitiful standards, when you have to rob other people’s lines. Though hardly surprising going on your past diatribes and lack of originality. As regards your future “contributions” there can be only one response – YAWN!! (and maybe even the hint of a chuckle!)   

Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2005, 01:31:41 PM »

It’s really sad, even by your pitiful standards, when you have to rob other people’s lines. Though hardly surprising going on your past diatribes and lack of originality. As regards your future “contributions” there can be only one response – YAWN!! (and maybe even the hint of a chuckle!)   

It's called "irony"... not that I would expect you to know the meaning of that word! LOL
briancw
Rookie

« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2005, 01:41:18 PM »

Stop with the LOL. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2005, 01:44:10 PM »

Brian, on my part it's sarcasm. Sadly, he's being serious.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2005, 02:47:29 PM »

Good for Senator Santorum, the mainstream compassionate conservative, steering a balanced,  moderate course, one that is fair to all Americans.

He is working to keep America from degenerating into a cesspool of immorality, debauchery and decadence.

America does not have to cow tow to the radical gay agenda, just because the raving looney left wingnuts say so.   
Are you on drugs?!?!

No, I just speak the truth, and some don't like to hear it.

Out of curiosity, are you a Freeper?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2005, 03:02:16 PM »

I'd bet he is, we've had a large increase in the parrots of both sides arriving lately. Another reason not to advertise ourselves elsewhere.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2005, 03:14:57 PM »

He has a point. Santorum is not nearly as right-wing as some people like to pretend.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #170 on: May 31, 2005, 05:25:24 PM »

He has a point. Santorum is not nearly as right-wing as some people like to pretend.

They'll never accept that...
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2005, 05:29:44 PM »

He is possily one of the top 5 & definatle in the top 10 of most conservative Senators
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2005, 05:54:03 PM »

He is possily one of the top 5 & definatle in the top 10 of most conservative Senators

I'm not one to go by what the National Journal ratings are word for word but I do believe they come close in their analysis. What would you say about this - http://www.redstate.org/story/2005/2/11/154627/855  Santorum's not even in the top 10. If someone's so obviously conservative and one of the most conservative in the Senate, why isn't he there?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2005, 07:03:23 PM »

I'm not one to go by what the National Journal ratings are word for word but I do believe they come close in their analysis. What would you say about this - http://www.redstate.org/story/2005/2/11/154627/855  Santorum's not even in the top 10. If someone's so obviously conservative and one of the most conservative in the Senate, why isn't he there?

This is the list of Senators who recieved a 100% rating by the ACU, American Conservative Union, for 2004:

Jim Bunning (R-KY)
Conrad Burns (R-MT)
John Cornyn (R-TX)
James M. Inhofe (R-OK)
Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
Don Nickles (R-OK)
John E. Sununu (R-NH)
Craig Thomas (R-WY)

Note that Santorum's name is not in there.

Rick Santorum's ACU rating for 2004 was a 96 and he has a lifetime score of 90. While Conservative these numbers do not put him near the top of the pack.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2005, 07:27:08 PM »

Noticed at Red State how the header doesn't show Southern states--it speaks volumes to me Smiley

Why are those rankings different from the ones I got?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies