Most painful 2008 ==> 2012 map for you (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:05:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Most painful 2008 ==> 2012 map for you (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most painful 2008 ==> 2012 map for you  (Read 5443 times)
hopper
United States

« on: December 30, 2012, 05:43:11 PM »

North Carolina's gubernatorial election.

I think this is more for President, but I agree.

It was inexcusable that McCrory won Columbus and Richmond Counties. The damage along the eatsern coast was especially brutal (given Perdue's unique 2008 strength there). Onslow County went from 50-46 Perdue to 65-33 McCrory. Ouch.

The worse part, IMO, was that his coattails pulled Forrest past the finish line.
It's more depressing for me because:
      -Obama won in the end, whereas Dalton didn't;
      -McCrory will probably end up being a rubber stamp for the tea party General Assembly
      -McCrory has appointed Art Pope as the budget writer!!!
I live in NJ not NC but I saw the debate between McCrory and Dalton on C-Span. McCrory seems sort of moderate. You seem to think he will be Rick Snyder 2.0 though. There is no way McCrory is as right wing as Rick Scott though in my opinion.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »

North Carolina's gubernatorial election.

I think this is more for President, but I agree.

It was inexcusable that McCrory won Columbus and Richmond Counties. The damage along the eatsern coast was especially brutal (given Perdue's unique 2008 strength there). Onslow County went from 50-46 Perdue to 65-33 McCrory. Ouch.

The worse part, IMO, was that his coattails pulled Forrest past the finish line.
It's more depressing for me because:
      -Obama won in the end, whereas Dalton didn't;
      -McCrory will probably end up being a rubber stamp for the tea party General Assembly
      -McCrory has appointed Art Pope as the budget writer!!!
I live in NJ not NC but I saw the debate between McCrory and Dalton on C-Span. McCrory seems sort of moderate. You seem to think he will be Rick Snyder 2.0 though. There is no way McCrory is as right wing as Rick Scott though in my opinion.
McCrory doesn't really have a choice. The General Assembly is super-far-right, and they're likely  to pass legislation that advances their agenda. McCrory will probably be forced to sign any piece of wacky legislation, especially as the Republicans have a veto-proof supermajority.

Furthermore, McCrory might not be as moderate as you think. He has appointed Art Pope as Deputy Budget Writer, after all.
Nah, I was thinking McCrory could rein in the far right wingers in in the state legislature idealogically. McCrory was the Mayor Of Charlotte for a good amount of time so he does have alot of political experience unlike Scott and Snyder. I do think McCrory maybe wants to be VP or a US Senator sometime so I have a moderate amount of hope that he won't follow the far right wing loons in the state legislature.

I have no idea about Art Pope's political background.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies