Poll shows wide support for Scranton in GOP primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:00:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Poll shows wide support for Scranton in GOP primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poll shows wide support for Scranton in GOP primary  (Read 2222 times)
danwxman

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2005, 11:10:10 PM »

http://www.politicspa.com/FEATURES/Scranton_poll.pdf

Heheh. If he wins the primary, Rendell easily wins re-election.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 11:23:09 PM »

Scranton vs. Rendell or Piccola vs. Rendell means about a ten point (or more) victory for Rendell. I don't think either will get the nomination anyway.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 11:52:26 PM »

By the way, let's remember that this poll is based on name ID. It's always great to be recognized early on but campaigning hasn't really started. If Swann runs (I'll most likely be supporting Swann. Looks like we won't be having more than three candidates at most in this primary), his numbers will pick up and could win against Scranton and Piccola.

If it's just a Scranton-Piccola race (as bad as that would be) I'd have to go with Piccola; however, Scranton would probably win it.
danwxman

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 12:06:45 AM »

By the way, let's remember that this poll is based on name ID. It's always great to be recognized early on but campaigning hasn't really started. If Swann runs (I'll most likely be supporting Swann. Looks like we won't be having more than three candidates at most in this primary), his numbers will pick up and could win against Scranton and Piccola.

If it's just a Scranton-Piccola race (as bad as that would be) I'd have to go with Piccola; however, Scranton would probably win it.

Huh? I thought Swann was one with name ID? Lol, obviously not. Swann *should* have won the primary.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 02:03:35 PM »

Huh? I thought Swann was one with name ID? Lol, obviously not. Swann *should* have won the primary.

Swann should have won the primary? Hmm...odd. Last time I checked we didn't hold that yet.
danwxman

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 10:40:39 PM »

Swann should have won the primary? Hmm...odd. Last time I checked we didn't hold that yet.

I meant primary poll, duh. Either way....shouldn't Swann be polling a LOT higher if hes so popular?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 10:50:27 PM »

I meant primary poll, duh. Either way....shouldn't Swann be polling a LOT higher if hes so popular?

Few people even know he's running. Plus, this is one poll. If Swann runs, I'm sure his numbers will be higher than 17% or whatever he got in this last poll.
danwxman

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 10:54:39 PM »

Few people even know he's running.

You have the lamest excuses. Swann's announcement got more press then Piccola's or Scranton's.

I'll hold judgement until another poll comes out, but I'll say now that I don't think Swann has a chance in the primary.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 10:58:14 PM »

You have the lamest excuses. Swann's announcement got more press then Piccola's or Scranton's.

I'll hold judgement until another poll comes out, but I'll say now that I don't think Swann has a chance in the primary.

Swann didn't officially announce. Time to check up on these things, dan, instead of making them up...
danwxman

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 11:50:22 PM »

Swann didn't officially announce. Time to check up on these things, dan, instead of making them up...

But you even said "people don't know he's running" as if you assume he is. Why? Because people are assuming he is.

But it's even more sad...even the speculation of Swann running got more press then Piccola or Scranton. And yet he still gets creamed in the poll.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2005, 11:52:16 PM »

But you even said "people don't know he's running" as if you assume he is. Why? Because people are assuming he is.

People who follow politics assume he's running. Your average voter doesn't know. When Swann announces he'll go up.
danwxman

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 11:53:27 PM »

People who follow politics assume he's running. Your average voter doesn't know. When Swann announces he'll go up.

Your average Republican voter wants Scranton. Four More Years of Rendell!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 11:54:44 PM »

Your average Democrat was going crazy for Dean a few months before votes were even cast. How did that go?
danwxman

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005, 12:20:44 AM »

Your average Democrat was going crazy for Dean a few months before votes were even cast. How did that go?

Ehh, I don't see the comparison. The fact is the only guy who has a slight chance to beat Rendell got crushed in the first poll.

Let me say again that I want to see more polls, and I will pass judgement then. BUT, I am willing to predict that Swann will NOT get the nomination.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2005, 12:26:44 AM »

Ehh, I don't see the comparison. The fact is the only guy who has a slight chance to beat Rendell got crushed in the first poll.

Let me say again that I want to see more polls, and I will pass judgement then. BUT, I am willing to predict that Swann will NOT get the nomination.

Ehh, well open your eyes. People went with Dean in the polls. Dean went no where. Scanton won this one poll and now you're jumping up and down saying the people want him.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies