2013 Elections in Canada
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:34:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2013 Elections in Canada
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: 2013 Elections in Canada  (Read 13586 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2013, 01:33:25 PM »

Nova Scotia will probably be going to the polls this fall to pass judgement on their rookie NDP government.  There will be one fewer seat in the Legislature after a contentious redistribution process, where the government overruled the initial report of the independent electoral boundaries commission.

Here's a map of the Metro Halifax area that shows the results of the 2009 provincial election by polling division overlaid by the new electoral district boundaries.

All that orange is quite beautiful. I suppose this map will look quite different after the election- but not as bad as other parts of the province.

Has anyone calculated what the seat distribution would have been in Nova Scotia 2009 if it had been fought on these new boundaries?

I think Elections Nova Scotia did this.

Elections NS redid their site last month and the notional results were taken down in the shuffle Sad

Only thing that really changed was that the Inverness by-election would have been won by the Liberals instead of the Tories had it taken place with the new ridings.

Angry

Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2013, 06:16:03 PM »

I saved the PDF, so even if it's down, I think I still have it. Happened to take the external hard drive travelling with me, too, can probably email it to Earl in the next day or so (email me at the gmail account I sent you last week, so I have your address).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies