FDU polls name recognition and favorables of likely 2016 GOP candidates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:04:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  FDU polls name recognition and favorables of likely 2016 GOP candidates
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FDU polls name recognition and favorables of likely 2016 GOP candidates  (Read 2207 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 18, 2012, 12:56:23 PM »

Among all RV:

Now I’m going to ask about some people. If you haven’t heard of one of them, just say so. Have you heard of ... ?

80% Jeb Bush
79% Rick Santorum
68% Chris Christie
56% Marco Rubio
37% Bobby Jindal

Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of ... ?

55-20 Chris Christie
46-21 Marco Rubio
45-28 Bobby Jindal
32-30 Jeb Bush
31-37 Rick Santorum

Among Republicans only:

Now I’m going to ask about some people. If you haven’t heard of one of them, just say so. Have you heard of ... ?

89% Rick Santorum
86% Jeb Bush
78% Chris Christie
66% Marco Rubio
46% Bobby Jindal

Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of ... ?

74-5   Marco Rubio
70-10 Bobby Jindal
57-13 Jeb Bush
58-16 Rick Santorum
59-18 Chris Christie

The most recent survey by Fairleigh Dickinson University’s PublicMind was conducted by telephone from December 10, 2012 through December 16, 2012, using a randomly selected sample of 814 registered voters nationwide. One can be 95 percent confident that the error attributable to sampling has a range of plus or minus 3.4 percentage points. The margin of error for subgroups is larger and varies by the size of that subgroup. Survey results are also subject to non-sampling error. This kind of error, which cannot be measured, arises from a number of factors including, but not limited to, non-response (eligible individuals refusing to be interviewed), question wording, the order in which questions are asked, and variations among interviewers.

http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2012/2016gop
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 01:00:42 PM »

So, that PPP poll recently that showed Rubio ahead among 2016 GOP voters makes sense I guess ...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 01:25:12 PM »

More Republicans have heard of Santorum than Jeb Bush? Uh...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 01:32:16 PM »

More Republicans have heard of Santorum than Jeb Bush? Uh...

Santorum just ran for President.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 05:23:17 PM »

Jeb Bush has also been out of office for nearly 6 years.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 03:23:09 AM »

There's a caveat on how Tender Branson quoted the favorability numbers.  The favorable and unfavorable %ages are the %ages among those who have heard of the candidate in question.  That's how Jindal has a 45/28% rating, even though only 37% of voters claim to know who he is.  That's 45% of the 37%.  This is a decidedly different way of reporting the numbers than most other pollsters use.

In any case, look at the crosstabs on name recognition by age.  Younger voters really don't know $*@& about politics.  91% of people over 60 have heard of Jeb Bush.  Only 41% of those under 30 have.  46% of people over 60 have heard of Jindal.  Only 15% of those under 30 have.  This is certainly something to keep in mind when looking at 2016 primary polling.  Younger voters would be likely to pick among the most famous candidates, because those are the only names they know (if any).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 10:20:40 AM »

Jeb Bush has also been out of office for nearly 6 years.

Ah, ok...but Jeb Bush is...you know...a Bush. And people know him in his own right especially Republicans. And not to undercut my boy but even after running a Presidential campaign (just in the primary though. That's noteworthy. It's not like he was the nominee), Santorum still had no reason to be more well known than Jeb Bush.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 12:15:25 PM »

I think the numbers are way higher for Santorum and Bush......ugh.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 04:28:48 PM »

Christie will have a huge uphill battle in the primaries for sure if he chooses to run.

Christie will have a hard time getting social conservatives to vote for him, and his stance on gun control and illegal immigration will also be a tough sell. However, fiscal conservatives and more moderate republicans will support him. In my mind, it's the moderates who will back Christie, conservatives will back Rubio, but social conservatives will again back Santorum.
JonHuntsman2016
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 11:49:45 AM »

I think that we should throw Jon Huntsman out there. He would be like Reagan: Participated in a primary in one election, then came from behind as a rather unknown candidate. I think Jon Huntsman will run in 2016, and I think he will go down as a 21st century Ronald Reagan.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 11:59:01 AM »

Welcome to the forum, JonHuntsman2016! You're not alone in thinking that.  I certainly agree that Huntsman should run, and would certainly win if he got the nomination. He's been saying some good stuff about the party, and the direction it ought to take, and it would serve the GOP well to listen to him. Heck, I think he'd be a far better president than Reagan.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies