South Carolina (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:53:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  South Carolina (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South Carolina  (Read 3610 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: December 18, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »

Outside of Wando and Academic Magnent, most of the people I know went to private schools in Charleston.

I was kind of surprised at the voting here in 2012. We swung hard to Obama in 2008 and seemed to move back towards Mittens in 2012, but maybe he played well in Charleston as opposed to McCain. Many people in my community who voted for Obama in 2008 switched back because of the economy and taxes.

Voters here tend to be more liberal than the state has a whole. Charleston opposed the same sex marriage ban in 2006 when the state overwhelmingly approved the amendment. But we are getting whiter. Much of the property is being restored downtown and other places, and young affluent people are moving in, either graduates from the college or those who moved here from other places. Places that were dangerous or run down 12 years ago are now vibrant and new, with new communities springing up. So it's growing and changing a lot (pop is up 25% since 2000).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies