Is Romneys MA performance the worst home state performance in history?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:52:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Is Romneys MA performance the worst home state performance in history?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Romneys MA performance the worst home state performance in history?  (Read 2739 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2012, 11:18:16 AM »

Its got to be up there.  And I'm talking strictly about what state they were running out of on the day of the election.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 11:44:33 AM »

John Frémont in 1856 was worse. He got third place in his home state of California, about 19% of the vote and almost 30% behind Buchanan. Here's some more info for you. Yeah, Romney's result in Massachusetts really was that bad.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 11:56:13 AM »

John Frémont in 1856 was worse. He got third place in his home state of California, about 19% of the vote and almost 30% behind Buchanan. Here's some more info for you. Yeah, Romney's result in Massachusetts really was that bad.

Millard Fillmore also got creamed in New York that election, coming in third 26 points behind Buchanan. I know he was the third wheel of the election, but it's probably worth mentioning since he did manage to carry a state and over 20% of the popular vote.

In less diluted races, Adlai Stevenson lost Illinois by 19% in 1956, and Herbert Hoover lost California by 21% in 1932.. what's Romney officially at now, 23%?
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 05:03:21 AM »

Who cares? What about John W. Davis in West Virginia in 1924?; he came from there; then there was Adlai Stevenson in Illinois in 1956.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 05:58:13 AM »

Who cares? What about John W. Davis in West Virginia in 1924?; he came from there; then there was Adlai Stevenson in Illinois in 1956.

Appearently you cared enough to reply and then ask additional question.

Davis lost West Virginia by mere 5.38% Hardly a blowout of any kind. Stevenson lost Illinois by 19.23% which was certainly embarassing blowout for a former Governor (and worse performance than four years ago).
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 07:12:53 AM »

I wonder if Mitt Romney thought he'd win Massachusetts.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 02:12:44 PM »

Don't think Romney had any illusions about Massachusetts; he had bigger fish to fry, rather than be concerned about an ego issue of carrying his home state; guess what ever disappointment he would have experienced, would have been compensated by him winning the presidency, don't you think?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 03:51:35 PM »

We know reality wasn't Mittens strongest suit but I doubt he was that delusional.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 09:29:38 PM »

We know reality wasn't Mittens strongest suit but I doubt he was that delusional.

Dick Morris may have been.
timothyinMD

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 07:17:14 PM »

Even though he lost, as we all knew, he earned the best Republican performance since 1988.  I was hoping for 40.01% but that was clearly asking too much
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 11:13:18 PM »

Even though he lost, as we all knew, he earned the best Republican performance since 1988.  I was hoping for 40.01% but that was clearly asking too much

Doing only 0.7 points better than Dubya when Kerry was the Dem candidate is hardly an exploit...
timothyinMD

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 08:10:20 PM »

Doing only 0.7 points better than Dubya when Kerry was the Dem candidate is hardly an exploit...

Nevertheless, it is true.  It's not a surprise.  Mass is heavily Democratic in its presidential voting..
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 01:19:15 AM »

Nevertheless, it is true.  It's not a surprise.  Mass is heavily Democratic in its presidential voting..

MA wouldn't reelect Romney as governor either.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 02:01:15 PM »

MA wouldn't reelect Romney as governor either.

We knew from experience things about Romney that the rest of the country was only suspicious of.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies