America is trending Republican (or so this idiot thinks) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:51:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  America is trending Republican (or so this idiot thinks) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: America is trending Republican (or so this idiot thinks)  (Read 3863 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: December 05, 2012, 12:16:16 AM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11/28/forget-2012-long-term-demographic-trends-favorable-to-republicans.html

I've read several of his articles and Nate Silver could probably tear him to shreads but he's forgetting that those in their early 20s in 2008 (like me) will still likely vote Democratic even at later ages. The idea that young Obama voters are poised to start going to church and bible thumping is backed up by zero facts.

Michael Medved has got rocks.

He ignores that the voters born in the 1980s and early 1990s are already much more liberal than older generations on economics and social issues. They are fleeing the Religious Right, one of the most reliable constituencies for the GOP since the early 1980s. They are heavily in debt for student loans and are underearning for their abilities -- both tendencies tending to push people to vote for the more left-wing politicians. Their idea of a Republican President is the awful George W. Bush. Barack Obama is by every non-ideological criterion a far-better President.

Exactly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNcygbTNJyE
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 08:16:29 PM »

What else do you think of someone who defaults on a contract and blames you for it being faulty? i.e. giving you loans so you can work but not giving you a proper job and then comes to bleed your radish?

Nonsense. Student loans are contracts taken out to purchase an education. Whatever expectations the student has are irrelevant to the contract. If I play the ponies and my horse breaks a leg in the race, my bookie isn't an ass if he wants his money.
I encourage all people with student loans to not comply with repayments if possible(actually all loans).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies