America is trending Republican (or so this idiot thinks) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:38:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  America is trending Republican (or so this idiot thinks) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: America is trending Republican (or so this idiot thinks)  (Read 3865 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 05, 2012, 02:12:04 PM »

What else do you think of someone who defaults on a contract and blames you for it being faulty? i.e. giving you loans so you can work but not giving you a proper job and then comes to bleed your radish?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »

What else do you think of someone who defaults on a contract and blames you for it being faulty? i.e. giving you loans so you can work but not giving you a proper job and then comes to bleed your radish?

Nonsense. Student loans are contracts taken out to purchase an education. Whatever expectations the student has are irrelevant to the contract. If I play the ponies and my horse breaks a leg in the race, my bookie isn't an ass if he wants his money.
Lending out money that one has no intention of being paid back in order to simply gain a property interest in that person is not a simple gamble. It is predatory lending and people are not being greedy and/or dishonest in believing in such sentiment....or at least less so than the people they feel wronged by. 

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 08:50:29 PM »

Nonsense. Student loans are contracts taken out to purchase an education. Whatever expectations the student has are irrelevant to the contract. If I play the ponies and my horse breaks a leg in the race, my bookie isn't an ass if he wants his money.
Lending out money that one has no intention of being paid back in order to simply gain a property interest in that person is not a simple gamble. It is predatory lending and people are not being greedy and/or dishonest in believing in such sentiment....or at least less so than the people they feel wronged by. 

Predatory lending my butt. College prices, major-salaries are all readily available.
That's not everything. Unemployment rates? Underemployment rates? Sure for a certain major the salary might be 50,000, but what if there was a 7-9% unemployment rate after a year?  Is it hard to dig that up? And different majors have different salaries according to different people. Some say that Poli Sci and Econ are good degrees while some say you might as well have a degree in Art History.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies