2008 with No Financial Crisis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:50:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 with No Financial Crisis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 with No Financial Crisis  (Read 2933 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« on: November 29, 2012, 05:23:50 PM »

McCain definately picks up Indiana and North Carolina, and NE-02.  Probably Florida too.  Ohio is probably the dividing line here.  Im not sure which way it would have gone. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 08:49:31 PM »

I don't see the "increasingly liberal" DNC that you're talking about. I really don't.

With all due respect that is probably because you are a 17 year old Green Party supporter.

Appealing to suburban women won't help when you have Palin on the ticket, espousing views that are certainly not moderate. Pennsylvania might find itself in a position where it is more Republican than the country, for whatever reason, but 2008 is just not that year.

Without starting a whole debate about Palin because that is not what this is about. I gave my reasons for giving Pennsylvania to McCain and I stick by them. In an election where the economy was ok, confronted with Obama's change or McCain a guy they knew, a guy with experience blue collar workers would have went with McCain and many did but the poor economy gave enough of them to Obama to win him the state.

The myth that the economy was "OK" before the September collapse needs to be debunked.  The economy went into recession in late 2007 and consumer confidence(which matters most for the economy) plunged in the early months of 2008 and the stock market was also on a slow slide downward ever since its all time high in October 2007.  The economy was already poor before September 2008. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies