Rick Santorum: GOP needs to tell people we can help
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:36:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rick Santorum: GOP needs to tell people we can help
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rick Santorum: GOP needs to tell people we can help  (Read 2865 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2012, 08:24:49 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.freep.com/article/20121119/OPINION05/121119039/Rick-Santorum-GOP-needs-to-tell-people-we-can-help

Bolding mine.

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 12:11:17 AM »

There are quite a few minority voters who would on the issues likely vote for the Republicans were it not for the xenophobes in the party who make them feel unwelcome.  If the GOP had been able to get an extra 10% of each of the Black, Hispanic and Asian vote in 2012  (i.e. go from 6% Black to 16% Black, 27% Hispanic to 37% Hispanic, 26% Asian to 36% Asian) while keeping the same share of the White vote, then they would have picked up the states of Florida, Ohio, Virginia, and Nevada, and thus the White House.  Colorado and Pennsylvania would have gone to Obama by only a narrow margin and would be ripe for the picking with a better candidate than Romney.

Unfortunately for the GOP, while it is easy to see what they need to do, how to do it will be elusive.  Muting the xenophobes just ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 12:48:41 AM »

Respect and common decency is not a gift. The Republicans continue to demonstrate contempt for the public in suggesting that they are. This is the exact reason why the public continues to support the Democrats. That, and a willingness to go after terrorists who attack the United States.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 11:27:34 AM »

The ten most terrifying words in the English language: "I'm from the Republican Party and I'm here to help."
So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass!
Rockingham

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 11:33:41 AM »

I don't think we can help them. These are people who can't even get themselves a job, who rallied en masse behind Obama to the point of possibly stealing the election through voter fraud, who are frankly dysfunctional. What help can be given that might fix them?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 12:06:51 PM »

I don't think we can help them. These are people who can't even get themselves a job, who rallied en masse behind Obama to the point of possibly stealing the election through voter fraud, who are frankly dysfunctional. What help can be given that might fix them?

Over 60 million people can't get a job? Huh

Ah, who am I kiddng? Go troll elsewhere, punk.
Rockingham

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »

Well the ones with jobs are actually paying income taxes, yet are [insert here] enough to vote for the party that's wasting them and wants to raise them even further. How the hell are we going to reach them?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 12:29:54 PM »

What is this whole gifts philosophy? That's a ridiculous idea and we shouldn't listen to our old clown nominee.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 12:39:17 PM »

You do realize that the highest percentages of Americans paying no taxes come from the Bible Belt right?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 01:49:52 PM »

What's up with the income tax fetishism anyway? I pay a fairly trivial amount in income taxes. I pay substantially more in payroll and sales taxes. In any case, those who get the most welfare via the tax are those with minor children. Not a dem constituency.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 02:35:47 PM »

Well the ones with jobs are actually paying income taxes, yet are [insert here] enough to vote for the party that's wasting them and wants to raise them even further. How the hell are we going to reach them?
In line with your confession elsewhere of being a troll simply parodying the far right, cool it now.
Rockingham

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 07:58:03 PM »

In line with your confession elsewhere of being a troll simply parodying the far right, cool it now.
Not a "troll", a parody.

It wasn't "trolling", because I expected people would realize I was a parody the moment I adopted that blooming "Romney'll will win Rassachussetts" handle. I proceeded to make my posts more and more absurd the expectation that people would eventually realize(to your credit your one of the ones who eventually did).

A troll's modus operandi is to try and convince people that he is serious, the exact opposite of what I did.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 03:20:49 AM »

Oh hey Santorum, looks like we'll be seeing you in four years.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 1.83

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 11:27:14 AM »

Hearing Rick Santorum, of all people, harp about the need for a 'more inclusive' GOP is laughable, and I voted for him.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies