Realisticidealist's 2012 Precinct Map Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:10:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Realisticidealist's 2012 Precinct Map Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Realisticidealist's 2012 Precinct Map Thread  (Read 72280 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 06, 2012, 01:00:21 AM »

Do you have Harris County, TX, New York, NY, Los Angeles County, CA, Fairfax County, VA, Fulton County, GA, Nacogdoches County, TX, and Utah County, UT?
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 10:53:39 AM »

Do you have Harris County, TX, New York, NY, Los Angeles County, CA, Fairfax County, VA, Fulton County, GA, Nacogdoches County, TX, and Utah County, UT?

Fairfax, VA and Fulton, GA have already been posted in some form. Most of the others aren't finalized yet.

I just saw Fairfax, VA and Fulton, GA. Pretty interesting to see those, but I also saw the poster above for LAC, all I gotta say is that inner-city LA and Hollywood are voting almost the same way all the time.

I can't wait for the others though to come up, I also I'd like to see San Mateo County, CA. I'd like to see how Silicon Valley voted.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 01:35:54 PM »

Fairfax, VA and Fulton, GA have already been posted in some form. Most of the others aren't finalized yet.

I just saw Fairfax, VA and Fulton, GA. Pretty interesting to see those, but I also saw the poster above for LAC, all I gotta say is that inner-city LA and Hollywood are voting almost the same way all the time.

I can't wait for the others though to come up, I also I'd like to see San Mateo County, CA. I'd like to see how Silicon Valley voted.

Here's Santa Clara County (Silicon Valley).
http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/CA/Santa_Clara/43231/113724/en/md_zoom.html?cid=7&

I think a couple precincts in Saratoga, Los Gatos and the Almaden Valley voted for Romney. These are the whiter areas of the county, but still obviously voted for Obama overall. I think there may be one in Los Altos Hills, which has a good number of Asians, but also a lot of 1%ers.

Wow thanks. I was somewhat surprised at Milpitas being part GOP, because I know there's a lot of Asians there. 

Well I'd like to see how Daly City, CA did, since I know it has a lot of Filipinos.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 02:04:03 PM »

Everyone votes Democratic actually. This is the Bay Area.

That's a big generalization, they were pockets of Republicans in Los Gatos.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 11:19:22 PM »

Also out of curiosity, Cook County, IL and Suffolk County, MA.

The home counties of the candidates.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »

I just found a good map for my birth county: Harris County, TX!

http://gregsopinion.com/?p=14202

Can anyone convert this into Atlas colors and template? I don't have time to do it myself.

Surprisingly in this map, parts of Midtown and Downtown Houston were Romney (these are very liberal areas) and parts of Clear Lake and Spring were Obama (these are conservative White evangelical areas).
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 07:17:58 PM »

That is just a map of where whites live.

It seems like it.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »

I was just doing some back of the hand calculations, and considering the racial demographics of Harris County, Romney must have got at least 75-80% of the white vote in the county. It is considerably less in the Dallas area actually, lending some credence to your claim that software engineers are liberals (by Texas standards that is! Tongue).

I'm going to say that most of the Whites in Houston do not work for the software industry.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 07:31:37 PM »

Also here's the Harris County, TX vote for U.S. Senate

http://gregsopinion.com/?p=14200

According to this map, Ted Cruz never got any love from Hispanics despite being one.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 08:33:45 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2012, 08:35:28 PM by BaldEagle1991 »

I just found a good map for my birth county: Harris County, TX!

http://gregsopinion.com/?p=14202

Can anyone convert this into Atlas colors and template? I don't have time to do it myself.

Surprisingly in this map, parts of Midtown and Downtown Houston were Romney (these are very liberal areas) and parts of Clear Lake and Spring were Obama (these are conservative White evangelical areas).

The Obama precincts in Clear Lake and Spring are where the minorities live, but the Romney precincts are intensely Romney and way outnumber the Obama ones.

That's why I said part and not the enitre thing.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 01:55:45 PM »

I don't believe Oregon reports result by precinct. Last I checked Oregon votes by mail in presidential elections.

By mail? In 2012? That's surprising.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies