Realisticidealist's 2012 Precinct Map Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:16:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Realisticidealist's 2012 Precinct Map Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Realisticidealist's 2012 Precinct Map Thread  (Read 72303 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 03, 2013, 11:03:05 PM »

I don't believe Oregon reports result by precinct. Last I checked Oregon votes by mail in presidential elections.

Although there is universal vote by mail, Oregon does report results by precinct (although there are quite fewer than there used to be).

Getting the precinct results is trickier, as not all counties report online, and it requires extra effort and/or funding to get a detailed breakdown.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 12:43:37 AM »

I don't believe Oregon reports result by precinct. Last I checked Oregon votes by mail in presidential elections.

By mail? In 2012? That's surprising.

Voting by mail is increasingly common nationwide, and is done by the majority of voters in the West.  Oregon and Washington operate entirely by mail.

Once again Alcon provides a comprehensive perspective...

Honestly, I would love to have some of the precinct maps of 2012 for the PacNW like Alcon provided in '08, however it does take quite a bit of effort to create considering many counties require purchasing the data directly from the county and there are few with the time, money, and bandwidth to compile such maps.

However there is always the hope that some young entrepreneur with time and money on their hands could create could create such a map for both Washington and Oregon.

Thanks Alcon for the '08 NW precinct maps.... and wish you the best with your current academic pursuits!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 12:57:09 AM »

Although there is universal vote by mail, Oregon does report results by precinct
There would be literally no reason to trust their election results otherwise.
(although there are quite fewer than there used to be).

Getting the precinct results is trickier, as not all counties report online, and it requires extra effort and/or funding to get a detailed breakdown.
Tin foil alert.

Maybe RI has some Shapefiles at his fingertips for this?

By mail? In 2012? That's surprising.

Voting by mail is increasingly common nationwide, and is done by the majority of voters in the West.  Oregon and Washington operate entirely by mail.

Once again Alcon provides a comprehensive perspective...

Honestly, I would love to have some of the precinct maps of 2012 for the PacNW like Alcon provided in '08, however it does take quite a bit of effort to create considering many counties require purchasing the data directly from the county and there are few with the time, money, and bandwidth to compile such maps.

However there is always the hope that some young entrepreneur with time and money on their hands could create could create such a map for both Washington and Oregon.

Thanks Alcon for the '08 NW precinct maps.... and wish you the best with your current academic pursuits!

Paging RI in case this was part of an incomplete project.    Wink

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies