Realisticidealist's 2012 Precinct Map Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:15:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Realisticidealist's 2012 Precinct Map Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Realisticidealist's 2012 Precinct Map Thread  (Read 72104 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: November 23, 2012, 05:03:18 AM »

I think a prop 30 precinct map of Los Angeles county would be very interesting.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 07:23:37 AM »
« Edited: November 28, 2012, 07:32:26 AM by Sbane »

Who exactly are the voters who support marijuana legalization but oppose gay marriage to the point of voting to make it illegal? 

I can tell you they are likely 60-70% males. Perhaps older folks who don't oppose gay marriage from a religious perspective?

Also it looks like there is a higher correlation between republican voting and voting against gay marriage. Marijuana legalization is more of a non partisan issue.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 01:43:19 PM »

Obama only won 3 precincts in Jefferson County.

How in the Wide, Wide World Of Sports did he only win 3?

Because he lost by 13 points in a relatively homogenous county?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 10:51:24 PM »

Here is a precinct map of LA county, although it does not include absentees or provisionals.
http://graphics.latimes.com/how-la-voted-2012/#9/34.2152/-118.6111
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 07:46:50 AM »

Here is a precinct map of LA county, although it does not include absentees or provisionals.
http://graphics.latimes.com/how-la-voted-2012/#9/34.2152/-118.6111

Palmdale is becoming really Democratic, isn't it? I wonder how long Republican support in the Antelope Valley can hold up. Buck McKeon might be in trouble some time this decade.

Yeah, it's the only place in LA county where you can get large houses for under 200k. Lots of minorities are moving in there and the only way to reverse that trend would be if Democrats come out in favor of higher gas taxes. It should be noted that the minorites that live in these sorts of areas (and choose that sort of lifestyle) were actually quite fond of Bush. So Republican aren't totally screwed, theoretically. Also Mckeon's problems could stem from his long tenure in Washington. People like to throw out the bums from time to time. I wouldn't be surprised if Mckeon loses sometime this decade. The real question is whether there are any popular democrats in the Palmdale/Lancaster area. I think the area is represented by Republicans in the state house and senate.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 08:09:41 AM »

That is..... GORGEOUS! Wow, amazing job. What's up with that relatively strong rural support for Obama in the middle of Virginia? It's also quite white.

Albermarle is self explanatory but I don't know what's up with the areas right south of it. Anyone know?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 10:01:28 AM »

That is..... GORGEOUS! Wow, amazing job. What's up with that relatively strong rural support for Obama in the middle of Virginia? It's also quite white.

Albermarle is self explanatory but I don't know what's up with the areas right south of it. Anyone know?

Rural black voters would be my guess. They represent a significant minority in the area just south of Albemarle (over 15% in most precincts, and well over that in some). If Obama didn't totally bomb among white voters, a wide margin among that 15% may have given him an edge.

Right, but why were they voting differently from other rural white Virginians?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 09:45:52 PM »

MN gay marriage would be pretty interesting...maybe MD too. And prop 30 in California! I promise it will be interesting.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 10:10:51 PM »

Prop 30 would be interesting in Socal. And yes, it is better to wait till all the votes are in. Looking forward to it! Smiley
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 05:07:39 PM »

Very cool! What's up with the northern part of King County? Is it similar to the areas around Federal Way and Renton? Also I see some red around Bellevue...I guess Asians? Sad
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 06:48:25 PM »

You should be able to do a map on the Maryland side of the DC Metro (Montgomery Co., Prince George's Co., Washington, D.C.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/how-the-region-voted/2012/11/10/1e66f3f0-2b96-11e2-96b6-8e6a7524553f_graphic.html

There you go. Let him focus on the areas that have not been done by news organizations.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 03:36:33 AM »

Do you have Harris County, TX, New York, NY, Los Angeles County, CA, Fairfax County, VA, Fulton County, GA, Nacogdoches County, TX, and Utah County, UT?

Here's Los Angeles County (though it doesn't take into account all votes). Not terribly exciting. I am more interested in the propositions.

http://graphics.latimes.com/how-la-voted-2012/
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 12:28:10 PM »

Do you have Harris County, TX, New York, NY, Los Angeles County, CA, Fairfax County, VA, Fulton County, GA, Nacogdoches County, TX, and Utah County, UT?

Fairfax, VA and Fulton, GA have already been posted in some form. Most of the others aren't finalized yet.

I just saw Fairfax, VA and Fulton, GA. Pretty interesting to see those, but I also saw the poster above for LAC, all I gotta say is that inner-city LA and Hollywood are voting almost the same way all the time.

I can't wait for the others though to come up, I also I'd like to see San Mateo County, CA. I'd like to see how Silicon Valley voted.

The only interesting thing will be seeing how Atherton, Hillsborough, Woodside and Portola Valley voted (probably all Obama is my guess). AKA 1% territory. Otherwise I can already guarantee you no non-ranch precinct voted for Romney. The Silicon Valley vote is very consistent.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 12:40:47 PM »

Fairfax, VA and Fulton, GA have already been posted in some form. Most of the others aren't finalized yet.

I just saw Fairfax, VA and Fulton, GA. Pretty interesting to see those, but I also saw the poster above for LAC, all I gotta say is that inner-city LA and Hollywood are voting almost the same way all the time.

I can't wait for the others though to come up, I also I'd like to see San Mateo County, CA. I'd like to see how Silicon Valley voted.

Here's Santa Clara County (Silicon Valley).
http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/CA/Santa_Clara/43231/113724/en/md_zoom.html?cid=7&

I think a couple precincts in Saratoga, Los Gatos and the Almaden Valley voted for Romney. These are the whiter areas of the county, but still obviously voted for Obama overall. I think there may be one in Los Altos Hills, which has a good number of Asians, but also a lot of 1%ers.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 02:01:30 PM »

I think those are ranches east of Milpitas. Pretty sure about that. Milpitas is exactly the sort of place I would think actually swung to Obama. Also Daly City votes very Democratic. Everyone votes Democratic actually. This is the Bay Area.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 02:24:02 PM »

Everyone votes Democratic actually. This is the Bay Area.

That's a big generalization, they were pockets of Republicans in Los Gatos.

Meh, I grew up in the "Republican" part of the Bay Area, the inland east bay. Trust me, it's not a big generalization. Of course there are Republicans out there, but most Republican precincts are ranches and then 1%er territory. And I don't mean areas with incomes over 100k, I mean precincts with incomes over 200-250k. Here's Contra Costa County for you. Again it's just ranches and wealthier precincts in Danville, Alamo and Blackhawk. I still think Danville voted for Obama. And of course redneck central, Discovery Bay.

http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/CA/Contra_Costa/42275/113668/en/md_zoom.html?cid=0105&
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 02:52:45 PM »

I think those are ranches east of Milpitas. Pretty sure about that. Milpitas is exactly the sort of place I would think actually swung to Obama. Also Daly City votes very Democratic. Everyone votes Democratic actually. This is the Bay Area.

By "ranches", do you mean gated communities?

No, I mean ranches. With horses and all that good stuff. The gated communities in some areas vote Republican though. Blackhawk in Contra Costa County is a good example. Alameda County is too retarded to put up maps for the Presidential results, and instead put up maps for the Mayor of Berkeley, so we will have to wait for Ruby Hills in Pleasanton (my home town). But when I say ranches, I mean ranches.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 03:19:32 PM »

Yeah, occupy has been bad news for the Bay Area, especially Oakland. They cause property damage of people who are just small business owners trying to get by. Anarchists are ridiculous.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 07:08:58 PM »

That is just a map of where whites live.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 07:23:06 PM »

I was just doing some back of the hand calculations, and considering the racial demographics of Harris County, Romney must have got at least 75-80% of the white vote in the county. It is considerably less in the Dallas area actually, lending some credence to your claim that software engineers are liberals (by Texas standards that is! Tongue).
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 07:51:30 PM »

I was just doing some back of the hand calculations, and considering the racial demographics of Harris County, Romney must have got at least 75-80% of the white vote in the county. It is considerably less in the Dallas area actually, lending some credence to your claim that software engineers are liberals (by Texas standards that is! Tongue).

I'm going to say that most of the Whites in Houston do not work for the software industry.

Oil industry is king in that neck of the woods. Explains the voting patterns too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies