Realisticidealist's 2012 Precinct Map Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:31:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Realisticidealist's 2012 Precinct Map Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Realisticidealist's 2012 Precinct Map Thread  (Read 71470 times)
Benj

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2012, 08:01:35 PM »

Thanks so much!

I'd guess the big changes are not due to precinct shifts, actually. Those are the rapidly developing Navy Yard (southern precinct) and Near Northeast/Truxton Circle (northern three precincts), where a bunch of new condos and rental buildings have opened in recent years. The real estate bust never happened in DC.

Interesting to see that the vote increases were otherwise concentrated in the gentrifying areas, too. Some increases in the poor, heavily black areas, but mostly stable to a small increase there. And stability or declines in the wealthy areas of NW and Capitol Hill (not a shock). I suppose it is true that DC's density is increasing in gentrifying areas, even aside from the areas heavy with new development (like the two spots where turnout exploded, above).

Incidentally, what was Obama's worst precinct?
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »

I just found a good map for my birth county: Harris County, TX!

http://gregsopinion.com/?p=14202

Can anyone convert this into Atlas colors and template? I don't have time to do it myself.

Surprisingly in this map, parts of Midtown and Downtown Houston were Romney (these are very liberal areas) and parts of Clear Lake and Spring were Obama (these are conservative White evangelical areas).
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2012, 07:08:58 PM »

That is just a map of where whites live.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2012, 07:17:58 PM »

That is just a map of where whites live.

It seems like it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2012, 07:23:06 PM »

I was just doing some back of the hand calculations, and considering the racial demographics of Harris County, Romney must have got at least 75-80% of the white vote in the county. It is considerably less in the Dallas area actually, lending some credence to your claim that software engineers are liberals (by Texas standards that is! Tongue).
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »

I was just doing some back of the hand calculations, and considering the racial demographics of Harris County, Romney must have got at least 75-80% of the white vote in the county. It is considerably less in the Dallas area actually, lending some credence to your claim that software engineers are liberals (by Texas standards that is! Tongue).

I'm going to say that most of the Whites in Houston do not work for the software industry.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2012, 07:31:37 PM »

Also here's the Harris County, TX vote for U.S. Senate

http://gregsopinion.com/?p=14200

According to this map, Ted Cruz never got any love from Hispanics despite being one.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2012, 07:51:30 PM »

I'm going to say that most of the Whites in Houston do not work for the software industry.

Oil industry is king in that neck of the woods. Explains the voting patterns too.
Benj

« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2012, 08:21:05 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2012, 08:26:33 PM by Benj »

Can anyone convert this into Atlas colors and template? I don't have time to do it myself.

Surprisingly in this map, parts of Midtown and Downtown Houston were Romney (these are very liberal areas) and parts of Clear Lake and Spring were Obama (these are conservative White evangelical areas).

No, they aren't. Montrose, the only area in Houston that might remotely be described as "liberal", voted for Obama. Those two precincts Romney narrowly won in the CBD only barely voted for Obama in 2008 and were very solidly for Bush in 2004. Not liberal (though have some liberals).

The Obama precincts in Clear Lake and Spring are where the minorities live, but the Romney precincts are intensely Romney and way outnumber the Obama ones.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2012, 08:33:45 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2012, 08:35:28 PM by BaldEagle1991 »

The Obama precincts in Clear Lake and Spring are where the minorities live, but the Romney precincts are intensely Romney and way outnumber the Obama ones.

That's why I said part and not the enitre thing.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2012, 03:35:00 AM »

Oregon please.
johnbuterbaugh
Rookie
United States

« Reply #161 on: December 31, 2012, 08:50:04 PM »

I don't believe Oregon reports result by precinct. Last I checked Oregon votes by mail in presidential elections.
SNJ1985
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2012, 10:12:14 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2012, 10:37:57 PM by Mr. Pro-Life »

I would appreciate, if possible, precinct maps for the following four counties:

Atlantic County, New Jersey
Burlington County, New Jersey
Camden County, New Jersey
Salem County, New Jersey
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2013, 09:09:15 AM »

I would appreciate, if possible, precinct maps for the following four counties:

Atlantic County, New Jersey
Burlington County, New Jersey
Camden County, New Jersey
Salem County, New Jersey

I cannot find any precinct-level 2012 election results data for New Jersey. Can anybody else?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #164 on: January 03, 2013, 11:03:05 PM »

I don't believe Oregon reports result by precinct. Last I checked Oregon votes by mail in presidential elections.

Although there is universal vote by mail, Oregon does report results by precinct (although there are quite fewer than there used to be).

Getting the precinct results is trickier, as not all counties report online, and it requires extra effort and/or funding to get a detailed breakdown.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2013, 05:38:40 AM »

Although there is universal vote by mail, Oregon does report results by precinct
There would be literally no reason to trust their election results otherwise.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Tin foil alert.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2013, 01:02:08 PM »

I'm not sure why there's "literally no reason to trust" the results unless they report by precinct.  It's an arbitrary consolidation of ballot types for fairly technical purposes.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2013, 01:45:50 PM »

I'm not sure why there's "literally no reason to trust" the results unless they report by precinct.  It's an arbitrary consolidation of ballot types for fairly technical purposes.
Well, none but "oh, I suppose they have checks and balances and people from both parties working together".
The release of local results serves to allow everybody to see that they make sense and are plausible. Nobody's going to be able to guesstimate whether Multnomah should have given Barack Obama 66% or 70% of the vote in a close statewide race to the point where he can call out a result as obvious fraud - yet that's a 15k vote difference.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #168 on: January 04, 2013, 01:55:45 PM »

By mail? In 2012? That's surprising.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #169 on: January 04, 2013, 06:15:46 PM »

Voting by mail is increasingly common nationwide, and is done by the majority of voters in the West.  Oregon and Washington operate entirely by mail.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2013, 12:43:37 AM »

Voting by mail is increasingly common nationwide, and is done by the majority of voters in the West.  Oregon and Washington operate entirely by mail.

Once again Alcon provides a comprehensive perspective...

Honestly, I would love to have some of the precinct maps of 2012 for the PacNW like Alcon provided in '08, however it does take quite a bit of effort to create considering many counties require purchasing the data directly from the county and there are few with the time, money, and bandwidth to compile such maps.

However there is always the hope that some young entrepreneur with time and money on their hands could create could create such a map for both Washington and Oregon.

Thanks Alcon for the '08 NW precinct maps.... and wish you the best with your current academic pursuits!
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2014, 04:44:45 PM »

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I would like to see Morris County, NJ.
johnbuterbaugh
Rookie
United States

« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2014, 08:51:48 PM »

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I would like to see Morris County, NJ.
Here's the entire state for the 2012 presidential election:

Municipal data for Morris County available here http://www.morriscountyclerk.org/html/Elections/muni_sum.asp
aaronfromCA97
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2014, 03:16:55 AM »

does anyone have a riverside, sacramento, San Francisco, Santa Barbara or kern counties in california? I don't need all of them, but any would be interesting (other ca counties would be cool too Smiley )
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2014, 03:40:27 PM »

Full Washington precinct map:

This might be the best map I've ever made.
Wow Obama was really unpopular in the east. Also no surprise that most of the precincts we gave him are along fair street.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies