What percentage of evangelicals support marijuana legalization?

(1/2) > >>

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better:
It's probably surprisingly high at this point, like possibly as high as 40% or so. Remember that includes Pat Robertson and one thing I noticed was that El Paso County, CO voted only 51% against marijuana legalization. One thing joked about a lot at my church the Sunday after the election in the reception area was how we need to organize another retreat in Colorado next year like we did last year, though we obviously aren't representative of evangelicals in general on this, but still, the results have some interesting patterns.

I also have a suspicion that black evangelicals might actually be more conservative than white evangelicals on this...

DC Al Fine:
I don't have numbers, but the olds tend to be almost 100% against.  Younger types are mixed.

CatoMinor:
Old people are like 60% against, while younger people are like 60% in favor.

With evangelicals, I imagine somewhere around 25% in favor.

Sbane:
I'll say about 30-35% in favor. These people are still highly socially conservative. BRTD, you are nowhere close to being representative of evangelicals. Still, for the most part there is not a lot of polarization amongst groups regarding marijuana legalization. I wouldn't be surprised if support for it was closer to 35% rather than 30%.

nolesfan2011:
I'd say 35% total... less than non evangelicals (close to half in that group or a little over among younger voters) but I still think generational divide exists.. 55+ evangelicals probably 15%, 18-35 evangelicals maybe 50%.

Quote from: Dying Thoughts of a Martyr on November 19, 2012, 01:04:35 PM

It's probably surprisingly high at this point, like possibly as high as 40% or so. Remember that includes Pat Robertson and one thing I noticed was that El Paso County, CO voted only 51% against marijuana legalization. One thing joked about a lot at my church the Sunday after the election in the reception area was how we need to organize another retreat in Colorado next year like we did last year, though we obviously aren't representative of evangelicals in general on this, but still, the results have some interesting patterns.

I also have a suspicion that black evangelicals might actually be more conservative than white evangelicals on this...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page