Vermont (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:05:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Vermont (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vermont  (Read 9082 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 03, 2013, 04:11:44 PM »

2000 D+9       for some reason Bush did very well in northern New England

2000 had Nader which took lots of D voters in New England.

I actually questioned this once and as I understood with its small population the influx of new comers from Mass. and Upstate NY with their Liberal positions tilted that the political map drastically. Lots of old guard Vermontees remained republican (in a moderate sense of the word) but they were just overwhelmed with Liberal outsiders and locals who swayed to the left with them. I assume that if the 80+84 elections would have been competitive that democrats would have carried it then.

I would recommend the American progressive movement to take control of Vermont and turn it into a model progressive state for the rest to see (that includes NY, Mass and the rest of New England or as I call it the Progress Belt)
Massachusetts is really borderline on creating a Progressive Party. The people most to the left on the political spectrum scale live in Western Massachusetts and that part of Massachusetts is really not gaining population. Eastern Massachusetts has makes up most of the the states population growth recently and has really really swung or trended R except for the Boston Area or the Martha's Vineyard area in recent years.

New York-Long Island, and Nassau County are really not that left and all those area vote close to the national average of the popular vote recently. The Flatbush Area of Brooklyn, The Bronx and Upper Manhattan are left politically yes. New York State(minus the city) is like Ohio and Pennsylvania Politically I think except for Buffalo maybe(The Erie County area.)

Why would people move from Massachusetts move to Vermont? Because Vermont has ski resorts that Massachusetts lacks? People from NY State I could understand in moving to Vermont.
What's keeping the Mass. left from forming a state progressive party and challenging some seats for state houses (I assume Amherst and the surroundings would be perfect)?

Already done.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies